Quote Originally Posted by lindiloo
Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
As usual, the press took what the man said and totally distorted it.

England doesn't have the separation of church and state that we do, and the Church of England is quite meshed with their justice system. They use of religious courts to settle certain civil matters, like marital issues.

Speaking as a member of the Church of England, he was saying that the relationship between religion and law was something that "Christians and people of other faiths ought to be doing some reflecting together"

Taken in context, I don't necessarily disagree with him. This is exactly why our founding fathers wanted to keep church and state separate. The Muslims in America can't ask for a Sharia divorce proceeding in lieu of a government trial, because religion has nothing to do with it here.

But it's just easier to hate the Muslims, I guess.
What you say could not be further from the truth. The church and state in England are not remotely joined. The Queen is the head of the Church of England and she is the head of state but they do not meet anywhere in the middle.

From someone who was born there I was shocked to see how much religion is embedded in your electoral process here in the US. I was never even aware of the religion of any of the politicians I voted for while I still lived in England.

The Archbishop is doing what certain bishops have tried here with regard to the illegal immigrant population and that is putting his opinion in where it is not wanted.
I agree 100%!!!