Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arnolds reply to my action alert email

I sent an email to Gov Schwarzenegger...Here is his "response"

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me about illegal immigration. I always appreciate hearing from fellow Californians on the issues that are important to them.

As an immigrant, I can identify with the desire to come to this country. While growing up, I had a dream to come to America. Since then, I have seen firsthand that the United States - a nation of immigrants and a nation of laws - is the most generous nation in the world. But our generosity cannot come at the expense of the American people or the security our international borders.

The federal government's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform is a reality we live with everyday in our schools, workplaces and hospitals. We can no longer ignore this issue or try to solve the problem at the margins. We need federal action that secures our border, protects taxpayers and creates a forward-looking policy to meet the labor needs of our economy.

To address the root of the problem, I committed nearly 2,000 California National Guard troops to help secure our borders in June 2006. These troops - as part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Operation Jump Start - performed a critical mission while thousands of new federal agents were recruited and tactical infrastructure and detection technology along the border was improved. Working with federal agents, our California National Guard has been instrumental in seizing more than 250,000 pounds of narcotics and apprehending 124,000 undocumented immigrants. These combined efforts have had tremendous success in reducing illegal border crossings and limiting the influx of narcotics and human trafficking in California.

However, I continue to call on our nation's federal officials to attack the problem by crafting a comprehensive immigration policy. Our borders must be secured, and our businesses must have the employees they need but have been unable to find in our existing workforce. We must also treat immigrants with the respect they deserve.

Immigration is an important issue that affects California, and I thank you for writing. I truly appreciate your commitment to the future of our Golden State.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

FAIL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I never realized Ahrnie was so eloquent speaking out of both corners of his mouth. And what do you bet that the same answer automatically when addressing illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a canned letter, I received the exact same letter a week ago.

FAILED

WANTS THE TAXPAYER TO KEEP FOOTING THE BILL IT SOUNDS LIKE;

NO THANK-YOU; MR. GOVERNOR

HE PUTS THE BLAME ON US; THE NERVE OF HIM

NO WAY TO COMPREHENSIVE:

The federal government's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform is a reality we live with everyday in our schools, workplaces and hospitals. We can no longer ignore this issue or try to solve the problem at the margins. We need federal action that secures our border, protects taxpayers and creates a forward-looking policy to meet the labor needs of our economy.
    IF YOUR CALIFORNIA IMMIGRANTS WOULD WORK IN THE FIELDS (ONLY, THEN LEAVE); IT WOULD SOLVE PROBABLY A QUARTER OF THE PROBLEM.

However, I continue to call on our nation's federal officials to attack the problem by crafting a comprehensive immigration policy.
    Translation: he supports mass amnesty.

But at least he opposes drivers licenses for illegals.

comprehensive immigration reform

We don't need that. Our immigration laws are just fine. We just need people who will enforce them. Arnold is not going to enforce them. Hes just spreading some of that generosity the US is known for.

Eliminate illegal immigration to eliminate CA state deficit

Eliminate illegal immigration to eliminate CA state deficit
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008

To hear California's Republican governor and Democratic Legislature tell it, the Golden State's revenues are in such dire straits that the state government must raise taxes to make ends meet.

The facts tell a different story.

Just four years ago, California taxpayers filled the state's coffers with more than $74 billion. In the fiscal year that ended in June, taxpayers sent more than $96 billion to Sacramento — a $22 billion and 23 percent increase in revenues. That's three-and-a-half times the amount of the budget deficit the state is experiencing this year. Clearly, it's not revenues that are lacking. It's spending that is out of whack.

While I fully endorse cutting back on government spending, California does not have to eliminate legitimate spending to balance its budget. It needs to eliminate waste and fraud.

Eliminating waste and fraud was the promise Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger made to voters to get elected to office. But he has ignored the poster child of waste and fraud: illegal immigration. Anyone who comes here illegally to work or take advantage of our social benefits is committing fraud. Any government that allows that to happen is wasteful of its legal residents' money.

Unnecessary deficit

The result is an unnecessary deficit.

In 2004, the Federation for American Immigration Reform published the most recent comprehensive report on how much illegal immigration costs the state of California. That report showed an $8.8 billion net loss to the state, enough to cover this year's deficit and provide the state with a $2.8 billion surplus.

And that was four years ago. The costs — and the savings — would be much greater today.

Another study bears that out. While FAIR's study is the latest to focus exclusively on California, a December nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office report that looked at the entire United States reached a similar conclusion, and estimated the costs to California as even higher.

California, the CBO noted, incurs the highest costs from illegal immigration, ranging in the "tens of billions of dollars." Moreover, the report stated: "The tax revenues that unauthorized immigrants generate for state and local governments do not offset the total cost of services provided to those immigrants."

Illegal immigration impacts pocketbook

California is home to about 25 percent of the nation's illegal population and illegal immigrants comprise about 8 percent of California's population. Clearly, illegal immigration impacts the state's pocketbook.

Illegal immigration is not just California's problem and cracking down on illegal immigration is primarily a federal responsibility. To that end, I have taken the lead in Congress in writing illegal-immigration laws. Those laws include screening arrestees at local jails for immigration status and developing an instantaneous, much simpler and more effective, electronic-based system to check a worker's eligibility to be in the country, now called E-Verify.

No law is effective, however, if it is not enforced. I have persistently and consistently urged presidents and administration officials over four administrations to enforce the laws Congress has passed. Persistence pays off. After Congress made it clear there would be no expanded guest-worker programs until the administrative branch proved it would enforce immigration laws, the administration began to take its duty seriously in the past year.The results have been dramatic. From last August to May of this year, after federal laws began to be enforced, the illegal-immigration population dropped an estimated 11 percent nationwide.

Three concrete efforts

California — home to the largest illegal- immigration population — can take three concrete steps to mirror the federal effort.

1. We know that most illegal immigrants come to the United States to work. California should require every employer in the state, including state agencies and contractors, to use E-Verify to check the immigration status of employees.

2. California should prohibit sanctuary policies and require that all local and state law enforcement agencies cooperate with immigration authorities to remove criminal illegal immigrants, including screening for legal status at local jails.

3. California should end its policy of providing virtually free in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants. This is a matter of fairness as well as fiscal responsibility. Why should U.S. citizens or legal residents who have lived their whole lives in California be penalized for leaving the state for a year, when someone illegally in the country and in the state for a year gets a free ride?

These are simple steps that would have a big impact on California's budget. Rather than raise taxes on law-abiding Californians, Gov. Schwarzenegger and the Legislature should make it untenable for illegal immigrants to drain California's resources.

Unless California wants to attract even more illegal immigrants and waste even more resources by continuing to provide a safe haven in sanctuary cities for them to work and live, it needs to crack down.

— Elton Gallegly, R-Simi Valley, represents the 24th Congressional District, which includes most of Ventura County and inland Santa Barbara County.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2 ... ate-state/
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Immigration is an important issue that affects California, and I thank you for writing.

What does that idiot mean? Doesn`t he mean ILLEGAL immigrants. Important issue that effects California! How about 97 hospitals closing and bankruptcy, that`s a real important issue you loser!
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

He'll probably run for the Senate. UGH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast