Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arpaio makes re-election bid official

Arpaio makes re-election bid official
    Comments 0 | Recommend 1
    May 30, 2008 - 12:47PM
    Staff Report
    Daily News-Sun
    It's official, Joe Arpaio is once again running for re-election as Sheriff of Maricopa County.

Arpaio turned in his signatures to the Maricopa County Elections Department today guaranteeing that his name will appear on the 2008 ballot.

On May, 20, former Buckeye Police Chief Dan Saban turned in 8,000 signatures securing his spot on the ballot as well.

Arpaio turned in a total of 12,677 signatures, nearly 9,512 more than was required by law, a press release from his campaign offices stated.

The public response to his fifth consecutive term as Sheriff meant Arpaio did not have to hire petition circulators to get signatures as others running for this elected position had to do.

"I really appreciate the work these volunteers did to get so many signatures," Arpaio said. "But even more than that, I appreciate the support for my programs that I am getting from citizens throughout this county."

Arpaio is looking to serve his sixth term as Sheriff of Maricopa County. He is known for his hard stance on immigration, forcing male and female inmates to work in chain gangs and his outdoor jail facilities called Tent City.

Saban ran against Arpaio in the Republican Primary in 2004. He lost, but garnered 44 percent of the vote then.

Saban switched parties in 2006.

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/1323
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    GOOOOOOO JOE!!!!!

OOOOHHHHHH yeah you got that JOE. RIGHT ON.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN