Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHead
    It would be interesting to compare the prevalence of this sort of attitude among the people of the "country-side/rural parts" of Latin-America versus among the more liberal, educated city population. I'd venture to go as far as to predict that this is fairly common among conservative minded peoples and not so much among liberals as is common in many cultures. Take America for instance, rural Conservatives tend to retain old traditions and often backwards traditions, while progressive minded people tend to move away from these old ways of thinking and adopt new ideals. The violent form "Machismo" seems to be more of a problem among the "pueblo/town" people who are for the most part uneducated and follow the traditions of their ancestors. Machismo may exist in some form among the city people, but it is not so much about hitting your wives or having multiple partners. It's mostly the idea that women are supposed to take care of the children while the husband makes the dough which is something that still sort of exists in our culture till this day. But nonetheless, you travel to latin american cities and you see working married women which is surely a good sign. Basically, machismo is becoming an old concept and is on the decline, at least in the ever growing cities of Latin America.
    You are right, Coolhead, and guess which ones we've got coming in illegally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

AE

Interesting, Carolinamtnwoman. Although I side with the fact that what these kinds of beiefs does is to demean the value of a womans life outside of the realm of marriage. I always fel sorry for the women in these countries, as their lives are so limited by their society and the backwards beliefs they hold.

I wanted to include something interesting, that was a study done by Tim Osterholm about the progress of the nations and the name changes that have happened over the centuries, mainly about the aforesaid Scythians, and where they come from, and who they are believed to be these days:

(2) Magog "land of God" (sons were Elichanaf, Lubal, Baath, Jobhath and Fathochta) - also Gog, Gogh, Jagog, Agag, Magug, Magogae, Mugogh, Mat Gugi, Gugu, Gyges, Bedwig, Moghef, Magogian, Massagetae, Dacae, Sacae, Scyth, Scythi, Scythii, Scythia, Scythae, Sythia, Scythes, Skuthai, Skythai, Cathaia, Scythia, Skythia, Scynthia, Scynthius, Sclaveni, Samartian, Scoloti, Skodiai, Scotti, Skoloti, Skoth-ai, Skoth, Skuthes, Skuth-a, Askuza, Askuasa, Alani, Alans, Alanic, Ulan, Uhlan (Scythians, Scots, Irish); also Rasapu, Rashu, Rukhs, Rukhs-As, Rhos, Ros, Rosh, Rox, Roxolani, Rhoxolani, Ruskolan, Rosichi, Rhossi, Rusichi, Rus, Ruska, Rossiya, Rusian (Russians3, Belarusians, Ukrainians); also Mas-ar, Mas-gar, Masgar, Mazar, Madj, Madjar, Makr-on, Makar, Makaroi, Merkar, Magor, Magar, Magyar (Hungarians - also Hungar, Hunugur, Hurri, Gurri, Onogur, Ugor, Ungar, Uhor, Venger); Finns, Lapps, Estonians, Siberians, Yugoslavians, Croatians, Bosnians, Montenegrins, Serbians, Slovenians, Slovakians, Bulgarians, Poles, Czechs, and other related groups);
    Interesting thing is that thinking of the Scythians and their propensity to burn ther dead, I believe I remember reading that the Hun's burned their dead as some American native tribes did.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Interesting, Carolinamtnwoman. Although I side with the fact that what these kinds of beiefs does is to demean the value of a womans life outside of the realm of marriage. I always fel sorry for the women in these countries, as their lives are so limited by their society and the backwards beliefs they hold.

I wanted to include something interesting, that was a study done by Tim Osterholm about the progress of the nations and the name changes that have happened over the centuries, mainly about the aforesaid Scythians, and where they come from, and who they are believed to be these days:

(2) Magog "land of God" (sons were Elichanaf, Lubal, Baath, Jobhath and Fathochta) - also Gog, Gogh, Jagog, Agag, Magug, Magogae, Mugogh, Mat Gugi, Gugu, Gyges, Bedwig, Moghef, Magogian, Massagetae, Dacae, Sacae, Scyth, Scythi, Scythii, Scythia, Scythae, Sythia, Scythes, Skuthai, Skythai, Cathaia, Scythia, Skythia, Scynthia, Scynthius, Sclaveni, Samartian, Scoloti, Skodiai, Scotti, Skoloti, Skoth-ai, Skoth, Skuthes, Skuth-a, Askuza, Askuasa, Alani, Alans, Alanic, Ulan, Uhlan (Scythians, Scots, Irish); also Rasapu, Rashu, Rukhs, Rukhs-As, Rhos, Ros, Rosh, Rox, Roxolani, Rhoxolani, Ruskolan, Rosichi, Rhossi, Rusichi, Rus, Ruska, Rossiya, Rusian (Russians3, Belarusians, Ukrainians); also Mas-ar, Mas-gar, Masgar, Mazar, Madj, Madjar, Makr-on, Makar, Makaroi, Merkar, Magor, Magar, Magyar (Hungarians - also Hungar, Hunugur, Hurri, Gurri, Onogur, Ugor, Ungar, Uhor, Venger); Finns, Lapps, Estonians, Siberians, Yugoslavians, Croatians, Bosnians, Montenegrins, Serbians, Slovenians, Slovakians, Bulgarians, Poles, Czechs, and other related groups);
    Interesting thing is that thinking of the Scythians and their propensity to burn ther dead, I believe I remember reading that the Hun's burned their dead as some American native tribes did.
    That is very interesting, AE. I agree on the point about beliefs demeaning the value of a womans life outside of the realm of marriage, not to mention inside the realm of marriage as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12