Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by koobster
    If WE went to there COUNTRY WE would have to speak there LANGUAGE.
    And We could not DEMAND ANYTHING .
    If we are expecting illegals to know the language, shouldn't you?

"Their" is defined as a possessive form that indicates ownership by more than one.

I have taught third graders the difference between "their" and "there."

Quote Originally Posted by mushasmusha
    Quote Originally Posted by koobster
    If WE went to there COUNTRY WE would have to speak there LANGUAGE.
    And We could not DEMAND ANYTHING .
    If we are expecting illegals to know the language, shouldn't you?

"Their" is defined as a possessive form that indicates ownership by more than one.

I have taught third graders the difference between "their" and "there."
    You sure talk like a liberal democrat.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

English is the OFFICIAL language of about 1/2 the states. It is Illinois and Floridas as well. I have asked about this since we've even had towns trying to declare English the official language, in a state where it is OFFICIAL, yet it's not OFFICIALLY the Nations language.

The way it was explained to me is it doesn't really matter if a state votes it in as the OFFICAL language or not because it's not on the Federal level. Federal trumps state, state trumps county, county trumps city etc. Yet there is still contradiction with that thought as well, and it's not Federal Law. They exicute in some states and not others. There's different rules for gun ownership, marraige, divorce, taxes, pets, driving laws, whether a child is tried as an adult or minor, whether your Drivers license transfers or you have to do it all over again. You can have a degree in one state that doesn't count in another without additional testing or more schooling and others where you don't need any. Some states have income tax and some don't....there are a ton of laws that aren't the same in each state. And...you are expected to abide by them. Many times they will be lenient in border states or if you're passing through.....and many times they press it because it's easy revenue and they know you won't likely come back and fight it. One that comes to mind is the sports figure who was charged with a DUI when he wasn't driving. But it was his car. In that state you are charged simply by ownership whether you were driving or not. We had a ball player who had legal guns...he splits his life between here and another state. He considers his residence Arizona....not here. But he didn't have his guns registered in this state yet had them here....didn't know he had to. He passed the Federal background check...just state laws were different. He still went to jail and got kicked off the team. Hand guns are illegal in certain counties even if you have all the legal papers.....one lady said she has to get out and lock her gun up and do these other things before she crosses the Illinois line.....Federally legal...legal in most other states...but not here.

So what's the difference? Smoking isn't illegal. I can smoke in more places in Nebraska than I can here. Doesn't matter if I'm in Illinois with a Nebraska license....I have to obey Illinois law when I'm in Illinois.

English is the official language here....of the state. Why that isn't enough I don't get either. I mean if it is a federal law for something....then why can sanctuary cities get away with not abiding by them? Federal trumps state.

I can understand if the Federal government doesn't make every single thing a federal matter in order for there to be more freedom in the states. So in my opinion if the state is then forced to add additional laws on their books for their people in their state....then that is the law of that state. You respect it or you find a state more suitable to your way of life. Each and every law people have been trying to pass in their states doesn't go against a single federal law.....they are doing it to give the state the right to handle it and enforce it for their people.

It's not like we don't or haven't delt with things like that before. It's confusing when states have different laws. Especially border states. Heck...drinking age 21 here...18 up north a few miles....kids drive up and get it there...legally...cross the line and you're subject to these laws. I am a citizen....I am registered to vote. But I can't vote in whatever state I feel like without meeting certain requirements.

I am wondering why the states who have declared English their official language haven't used that to stop the bi-lingual education, push 2 for Spanish, bi-lingual signs and requirements for employment. If English is official here....how is it discriminatory when I can be kept from a job for not speaking Spanish but a Spanish speaker doesn't have to speak English? Why do schools in an official English state have to test in a ton of other languages when English is OFFICIAL here? It's not ILLEGAL to speak another language.....but English is OFFICIAL.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AF
    Because one side caters to businesses, and the other for future voters. We in the middle will always get screwed.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEC
    Tell it to the courts sister.
    NO, tell it to the illegals of whom you support. We speak English in this country.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by AEC
    We have so many lawyers on this site.

You have no damages, thus no lawsuit. I'll reply for you. Your damages are blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Fill in the blah with your own answers. No measure your damages. They are not certain and measurable. Therefore, the court cannot award damages.

No monetary damages are necessary.

The lawsuit would be to obtain an injunction forbidding the state from printing documents or conducting business in languages other than English; in other words, an order from the court that the state enforce the law.

If you do want to look for monetary damages, look to the costs of translating and printing the documents, and paying for interpreters in the courts. These can be quantified with specificity. Virginia spent over $3 million on court interpreters as of a couple of years ago and the cost was rising by 10% per year.

Notyou. Ignore AEC as this was an illegal invader loving hack - troll who knew nothing about the law and was banned twice in a 24 hour period.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The troll was banned days ago. He/she won't be back IF so they have to pay $25.00

I remember in the 90's a Hispanic in Gilroy was fired from her job at a hospital because she kept speaking Spanish around the patient's. She had been warned numerous times that is was ok to converse in Spanish on her break but not around the patient's. She sued the hospital, but lost because of some sort of law about corporate language. Every corporation has a corporate language. I've tried recently to find the law about corporations and their corporate language, but I can't find anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12