Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call me a pessimist, but I think the majority of the greedy contractors will NEVER stop hiring illegals. They care nothing about the welfare of their fellow Americans.. profits are the only game in town.

If things get really bad, the illegals will survive ANY economic downturn by simply doubling up on the number of illegals in one dwelling, collecting welfare, and committing burglaries and robberies if necessary.

The illegals all flocked to New Orleans after Katrina...and lived in the parks. They took all the jobs away from the natives!

It's going to be up to us American consumers to say no to illegals in the workforce. We have to REFUSE to do business with ANYONE who hires illegals. This is the only way we can put an end to this insanity;

Maybe I'm overreacting but I have stopped talking to a neighbor because he often hires illegals for odd jobs. Not one particular illegal, but many. I tried to ask some questions of some once, and they didn't understand a word of English.
    As far as construction, in the "old days" there were long apprenticeships under a master or tradesman, you didn't just show up as a warm body to start nailing things together.

These houses are all going to fall apart in ten years. I wouldn't buy something that took a week to knock together. And are the illegals doing plumbing and something critical like the electrical work? Scary.
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    Maybe I'm overreacting but I have stopped talking to a neighbor because he often hires illegals for odd jobs. Not one particular illegal, but many. I tried to ask some questions of some once, and they didn't understand a word of English.
    As far as construction, in the "old days" there were long apprenticeships under a master or tradesman, you didn't just show up as a warm body to start nailing things together.

These houses are all going to fall apart in ten years. I wouldn't buy something that took a week to knock together. And are the illegals doing plumbing and something critical like the electrical work? Scary.
    You are after my heart. I long for the days when you could hire a craftsman/artisan who took great pride in their work. I also agree with your assessment of the quality of the new houses that are being built in a matter of days.

As for your differences with your neighbor, I'm sure you have to be temperate to keep peace in the neighborhood. But I think all of us have an obligation to give negative feedback over the hiring of illegals. Silence is assent.

I have a relatives, and a lot of friends in construction... and the truth is, they all do it.

Take my good friend for example. He's a GC in PA, and about 5 years ago he realized he was losing bid-after-bid to his rivals because they were starting to hire illegals. They would either undercut him $$-wise (by just a LITTLE bit, mind you, just enough), or promise a faster finish (5 illegals can build a wall faster than 1 seasoned American).

He went to city hall. They LAUGHED at him.

So he called me... I've been involved in politics before, and was his most Governmentally-aware friend . However, this issue wasn't even on MY radar at that time. So after some research I directed him to immigration enforcement (or whatever ICE was before it got folded into Homeland Security).

And, well, nothing happened. And he's been using illegals for a few years now... JUST TO STAY IN BUSINESS.

It makes me so mad to write this... because I feel so let down by my Government
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum

I don't think it is an overreaction Insane. In my community, they most certainly ARE doing electrical, and plumbing contracting. It is way beyond scary! We will not hire them for our company, but we are in the minority. I promise you that.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

BorderFox:

YOU SHOULD SUE THE GOVERNMENT.

For them to not enforce this law is tantamount to forcing you to break the law in order to "fairly" compete in your industry.

And you would win.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

You know sometimes I feel like adopting the attitude

'if you can't lick 'em join 'em'.

Well, it creeps in sometimes when I get so discouraged, I'm only human.

When the first illegals began coming, my husband was the only 'white' man (Actually Choctaw Indian), who spoke Spanish. He not only spoke Spanish well, he knew the Mexican culture. He was raised with them.

He would see them at the PO and other businesses and sometimes translate for them. Word got around quickly and we could have had a very, very lucrative business just providing illegal workers for people. My husband was asked time after time - but refused. He truly loves the Mexican people and helped them sometimes but refused to proft from them.

As things are going now, I almost feel like a sucker - playing by the rules is always right - but it is not always profitable.

We want to start a truck farming business when husband retires and it is so tempting to think of just going down and getting a few illegals to do the work. The older you get, lots of illegal labor sure looks good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WAKE UP PEOPLE! Now, more than ever, we need jobs... ALL KINDS OF JOBS to be available for the people they're MEANT FOR: AMERICANS.
    Americans DO A BETTER JOB! I have seen brand new "neighborhoods" spring up everywhere in a matter of days and weeks. It makes me wonder how they were ever constructed, and how they ever got building permits in the first place.
    I see brand new 600,000 homes with buckled siding, tarred driveways that are full of cracks, garage floors that are lopped sided and split from "house settlement", eaves that have fallen down into the yards. All part of shoddy workmanship - and all because of ILLEGAL ALIEN CHEAP LABOR. Illegal aliens lack the "pride and quality" that comes naturally with the construction and craftmanship of American workers.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have neighbors who use illegal aliens to do all kinds of household work,never the same ones twice,but I also notice that the little wife is NEVER left at home when they are working in it.Coincidence? I think not.

They are usually a nice lot -the illegal alien workers- they use the woods 5' behind the tot lot as a toilet.I have seen them strip cabinets and throw whatever liquid was left over into the common area grass that the children play in right in front of the house.I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say at least maybe the liquid was watered down.I could go on but, I think you can tell how I feel about this practice.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12