Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Attn: Veterans! 26.5 Million Veterans' Records Stolen 5-22!!

This is an alert to all veterans who may frequent this board. And YES, the theft of our information could be related to the illegal immigration situation!!

As of just an hour ago, CNN has picked up on a story where a Veteran's Data Analyst took a computer home that contained over 26.5 million veterans' records which include names, social security numbers, birthdates and - according to my phone call to Nebraska's Department of Veterans Affairs in Lincoln several minutes ago - possibly credit card information and disability status records as well.

Considering the huge number of stolen veterans records on this machine, our veterans office essentially told me this constitutes a national emergency to the highest degree. It would be enough social security numbers and information to provide one for each and every current illegal alien in the entire United States!

You are implored to call your state and county veterans affairs office for more information. You may also find more information at the following URLs:

CNN Coverage
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/22/vets.d ... index.html

Government Website
    http://www.firstgov.gov/veteransinfo.shtml

Take your specific precautions now!

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

"Administrative Leave" is the norm these days. Over the past two years, several occurances just like this one have happened and all the guilty parties got were administrative leave from their positions.

Current word is that they don't have "any reason to believe" that the information was stolen for identity theft and that chances are the thief only wanted the computer hardware.

I'm sorry, but I take no comfort in statements such as "any reason to believe" because that says to me "well, we don't really know for sure but we're hoping this isn't the case"

Swell. Just brilliant.

The VA's mission to serve and honor our nation's veterans is one we take very seriously and the 235,000 VA employees are deeply saddened by any concern or anxiety this incident may cause our veterans and their families.
    Well, they are "deeply saddened" if, for some inexplicable reason, this is causing you any concern or anxiety.

Just be happy knowing that you're helping an illegal alien who needs a SS number to get a job an American just isn't doing.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    The VA's mission to serve and honor our nation's veterans is one we take very seriously and the 235,000 VA employees are deeply saddened by any concern or anxiety this incident may cause our veterans and their families.
    Well, they are "deeply saddened" if, for some inexplicable reason, this is causing you any concern or anxiety.

Just be happy knowing that you're helping an illegal alien who needs a SS number to get a job an American just isn't doing.
    OH yes! They ARE experiencing my "anxiety" alright. I've already called a couple of numbers and literally pinned them to their desks as they got an earful that will last them a lifetime.

This is serious stuff and they only give their irresponsible parties "administrative leave". I am all for making room in a cell block at Leavenworth for this individual. And if it is discovered that this individual SOLD the information while passing it off as theft - the penalty should suit the crime.

Sounds like the really care about us Vets..??????? Not to sure !!!!! Protecting our military information ???.....I still think the person should be in jail....

Wondering ????? Are Bushs records in there too ?????? Thoses I'd like to see !!!!!! lol

(#^(*%&*^%&*($&

I'm still convinced this was not just a simple break in and theft. I still think there is a lot more to this than they are saying!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: (#^(*%&*^%&*($&

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    I'm still convinced this was not just a simple break in and theft. I still think there is a lot more to this than they are saying!
    Oh you betcha! There almost always is more to it than that. And I'll go through hell to get to the bottom of it too.

Let me get this right............this analyst just happened to take a comp containing the personal info of 26.5 million vets home.............and this comp just happened to be stolen................but the thief just wanted the hardware...........and was/is not interested in the personal info..........

Was this data encrypted? If not, why? And why was this analyst allowed to leave the building with said computer?

Investigators will being looking very closely at the financial status and credit scores of this analyst.

Could this be instant SS benefits for 26.5 million illegals? Naw, that wouldn't be legal now would it?

As my husband is a veteran, I have a question. Do they know whose records were stored on said "stolen" computer?

Are they suggesting that veterans should be doing anything to protect their identity?

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    As my husband is a veteran, I have a question. Do they know whose records were stored on said "stolen" computer?

Are they suggesting that veterans should be doing anything to protect their identity?
    As far as I know they aren't but monitor your credit report. You can also have your identity put on identity theft alert and have a password put on your credit with the credit bureaus.

Call all of your credit card companies, tell them that you lost your card somewhere and have them send you a new one.

That should get you started.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast