Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Average American Perspective

OK folks, I was just thinking about a conversation I had with my boss over lunch last week. I think she articulated exactly what is wrong with Americans today, and why McCain won. Here is how it went:

Me: MS-13 is all over the country....they are highly skilled with machettes (sp?) because that is what they use on their crops in El Salvador. They are highly skilled with fire-arms because many have fought in the Salvadorian civil wars over the years.

Boss: Wait.....these people are coming from El Salvador??

Me: Yes. Mostly illegals.

Boss: Why are they allowing this?

Me: Because the government is idiotic, and they leave that border wide open.

Boss: Someone needs to run for president and say they will seal the border.

Me: They have. Just nobody knows who they are. The media makes sure of it. Duncan Hunter ran. He would have done it.

Boss: Duncan Hunter ran?

Me: Yes. You know he is our representative, right?

Boss: Yeah, I had no idea he ran.

Me: That's the problem.

See folks, people want the border sealed. They want to vote for someone who will do it. They just have absolutely no idea what is going on. My boss is against illegal immigration. She talks about it a lot. Yet still, here in San Diego she had no idea that our representative had ran, and would solve the problem. People are completely uninformed about what is happening.

That is why John McCain is the nominee.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Good grief. The only way this type of thing can stop is if employers allow employees to have a voice on a certain day of the month at the their place of employment to let people know what and who the candidates are. They are tired when they get home, the MSM gives only what they want you to hear or have time to give. Perhaps this is a new way to work??????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe we should think about a massive mail-out of info. Not everyone has a computer and has to rely on our good friends in MSM!

I totally hear you. This is about how conversations go with many of my friends, acquaintances, and relatives. They have NO earthly idea of what is going on with the race, who's running, and defintitely not with anything to do with illegal immigration.

I don't know how they go out, however, and don't run into hoardes of illegals everywhere they turn. This alone was the sole reason I got into this fight . ..nothing I read or heard -- just the experience of being out there and feeling like a minority in my own country.

But, people are just self absorbed and busy. We've been taught not to be interested, not to "discuss religion or politics." And it's been the demise of our nation ever since.

This is the way the propaganda ministry (MSM) wants it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you tell them about Alipac and NumbersUSA when you have these conversations? They can at least get the email alerts if they can't get the info on MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Do you tell them about Alipac and NumbersUSA when you have these conversations? They can at least get the email alerts if they can't get the info on MSM.
    That's a good I idea. I have no idea why I haven't done that.

There is a sales rep that comes to our account that I am informing. I got him to watch Lou Dobbs, and order State of Emergency. Not a dumb guy -- he is a college graduate -- but COMPLETELY in the dark about illegal immigration. He used to support amnesty until we started talking politics. I have completely turned him around. He went to a liberal college back east and had a lot of political conversations with lefties there. They apparently convinced him that accepting illegal immigration is compassionate. He said I would, "tear those people apart."
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

See folks, people want the border sealed. They want to vote for someone who will do it. They just have absolutely no idea what is going on.
    I agree with that.....if I weren't so involved in fighting this (illegal immigration) and if I was working and had young kids and other demanding responsibilities.....I doubt I would have a clue either. I quit a long time ago thinking I had a voice in anything and figured they'd do whatever they wanted anyway. But the illegal immigration and "must speak Spanish" and all the rest, way too personally affected my life and my childrens life that I had to get involved. If I didn't get a computer I'd know even less and have no clue where to turn for help and support. Many people still believe Dems are all pro illegal and all Reps are anti so it appeared to be a logical choice if you hadn't researched these people. Lord knows even if I tried to keep up and read the paper and all...my papers are all slanted to the pro side.....most never hear a word of other things happening across the country. It's literally a full time job keeping up with this! Personally I think thats why it takes 2 people working to survive and everything else so people are kept too busy and unable to put the time in to keeps tabs on the governments antics.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    I totally hear you. This is about how conversations go with many of my friends, acquaintances, and relatives. They have NO earthly idea of what is going on with the race, who's running, and defintitely not with anything to do with illegal immigration.

I don't know how they go out, however, and don't run into hoardes of illegals everywhere they turn. This alone was the sole reason I got into this fight . ..nothing I read or heard -- just the experience of being out there and feeling like a minority in my own country.

But, people are just self absorbed and busy. We've been taught not to be interested, not to "discuss religion or politics." And it's been the demise of our nation ever since.
    I've never run in "hoards of illegal aliens". Where the heck do you live? Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    That's a good I idea. I have no idea why I haven't done that.

There is a sales rep that comes to our account that I am informing. I got him to watch Lou Dobbs, and order State of Emergency. Not a dumb guy -- he is a college graduate -- but COMPLETELY in the dark about illegal immigration. He used to support amnesty until we started talking politics. I have completely turned him around. He went to a liberal college back east and had a lot of political conversations with lefties there. They apparently convinced him that accepting illegal immigration is compassionate. He said I would, "tear those people apart."
    Another good resource is the DVD movie called "The Border". It's an eye opener to someone who has no idea what is going on at the border. Also link him to Glenn Beck. He is on several times a night. He will be hitting the abductions at the border really hard coming soon. He'll be at the border when he can get all the logistics figured out. He has great interviews with Chris Brochard and other border people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast