Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Actually Neal and Gibson are hard on illegal immigration. Beck would be all over it. The problem is Beck is on a book signing tour right now. It wouldn't hurt to send it to him anyway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    New article about this. Apparently, Marguila has reassigned the case back to Judge Wake !!!!!!

Sounds like at least one of the Marguila twins just might have some ethics after all!!!!

Pace said the new lawsuit was assigned initially Monday to U.S. District Judge Mary Murguia, the sister of National Council of La Raza President Janet Murguia. NCLR is the nation's largest Hispanic advocacy group. However, late Monday night, Judge Murguia reassigned the case back to Judge Wake, Pace said.

Oh, thank GOD it has been reassigned to Wake.

I don't think that ethics had anything at all to do with the reassignment----I just believe that whatever legal threats our side had----conflict of interest, etc.-----were used.

LOL....I know what you mean. I was actually being sarcastic about the "ethics"

Quite frankly, I didn't think they were going to get away with this And I firmly do believe they were trying to pull a fast one which had been planned right from the beginning.

There's just too much suspicious about this entire thing.

I mean, first this group of attorneys are supposedly such incompetent dolts that they sue the wrong people, fail to rectify the "mistake" even after it is brought to their attention, and show up in court with absolutely no evidence to back up their case. One doesn't have to be in the legal profession to know that one, or both, of these things will result in a dismissed case.

Additionally, in the last few weeks leading up to the hearing, an all out assault on Joe Arpaio and Andrew Thomas began and while not specific to the sanctions law it was clearly meant to call their characters into serious question and doubt.

Then, when it should have taken months after the dismissal to regroup, rewrite a suit, and at least spend a few months gathering evidence of "harm" after the law went into effect, what happens? In as little as 2 days they not only have a new suit put together but suddenly have "evidence" of business owners facing imminent harm after allegedly, ffor months, being threatened/promised prosecution by Joe Arpaio and Mr. Thomas (the victims of the recent character assassinations) as soon as the law goes into effect.

To top it all off, of all the judges who could have heard the case.....miracle of miracles....it ends up right on the bench belonging to the twin of LaRaza's president.

Incompetent bungling and happy coincidence? I don't think so. My own opinion is that they set out to purposely have that case dismissed so they could refile their "real" case and get it assigned to Marguila by pre-arrangement.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sent it to Glenn Beck along with her picture above and her quoted statement.

Let's see if we get any traction with this one.

azwreath wrote:

"Incompetent bungling and happy coincidence? I don't think so. My own opinion is that they set out to purposely have that case dismissed so they could refile their "real" case and get it assigned to Marguila by pre-arrangement.

You got that right.

Quote in part from article:

"The plaintiffs are providing evidence including a declaration by an Arizona employer who states that he is knowingly hiring an undocumented worker and intends to do so after Jan. 1 and has been specifically threatened by the County Attorney that he is going to be prosecuted under the new law, Pace said Monday."

This is the crux of it. I believe Johnny Sutton should take this one since this is in violation of Federal law of aiding and abetting. Bring in the Feds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Azwreath:

Never mind, here is a link.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1097332~Ne...tions_law.html

Oh good....it works now. Earlier it wasn't so one had to "click here" for the Examiner Home page and scroll down to the headline.

That's why I ended up posting the general link to the Examiner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Actually Neal and Gibson are hard on illegal immigration. Beck would be all over it. The problem is Beck is on a book signing tour right now. It wouldn't hurt to send it to him anyway.
    I am thinking that none of them will do anything with it now----being that it has been "supposedly" reassigned to another judge.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Sent it to Glenn Beck along with her picture above and her quoted statement.

Let's see if we get any traction with this one.

azwreath wrote:

"Incompetent bungling and happy coincidence? I don't think so. My own opinion is that they set out to purposely have that case dismissed so they could refile their "real" case and get it assigned to Marguila by pre-arrangement.

You got that right.
    Did you send everything to Lou Dobbs as well??
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote in part from article:

"The plaintiffs are providing evidence including a declaration by an Arizona employer who states that he is knowingly hiring an undocumented worker and intends to do so after Jan. 1 and has been specifically threatened by the County Attorney that he is going to be prosecuted under the new law, Pace said Monday."

This is the crux of it. I believe Johnny Sutton should take this one since this is in violation of Federal law of aiding and abetting. Bring in the Feds.

Isn't that hysterical? It's incredibly strange that one would use the statement of a person admitting to breaking the law and planning to continue doing so as "evidence". There is always a credibility issue with testimony coming from someone guilty of even minor offenses, which is why lawyers prefer to avoid it if they can.

So, this seems an odd tact to take.....using exactly the kind of person the law is designed to crackdown on as an example of why it should it not be permitted to take effect. And, the specific targeting of Andrew Thomas and Joe Arpaio when this is a state law being challenged, not a Maricopa County law, is cause for raised eyebrows.

There is much more behind this than just stopping the state law.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123