Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Baca seeks national Chavez Day

Baca seeks national Chavez Day
    George Watson, Staff Writer
    Article Launched: 04/06/2008 10:07:01 PM PDT

Rep. Joe Baca last week addressed Congress to discuss his resolution calling for a national holiday in honor of labor hero Cesar Chavez.
    "The struggles Cesar Chavez was engaged in and the victories he achieved for civil rights, labor rights and the environment, helped people throughout our nation," said Baca, D-San Bernardino. "A national holiday is a fitting way to remember this man who defines hope, respect and dignity for so many Americans."

Cesar Chavez Day is celebrated as a holiday in 10 states, including California.

Chavez was the founder of the United Farm Workers of America.

"The creation of a national holiday will not only honor a great man, but also educate Americans about Cesar Chavez and help ensure his legacy continues to inspire others to work for the fair and just treatment of all people," Baca said.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_8834931?source=rss

to inspire others to work for the fair and just treatment of all people," Baca said.
    ...he means hand-outs for his people. This pompous arse has got a nerve...no people are more fair than Americans! We need this to 'remind' us? When will these idiots stop trying to promote their own agendas?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

I know the arguments that portray Ceasar Chavez as an illegal immigration restrictionist. And I am not going to argue with that. However, the UFW union, Chavez's project, and CRLA sued the UC at Davis and sabotaged the technological progress of American agriculture---leaving the door wide open for hordes of illegal aliens to come in.

"The creation of a national holiday will not only honor a great man, but also educate Americans about Cesar Chavez and help ensure his legacy continues to inspire others to work for the fair and just treatment of all people," Baca said.
    We've got plenty of those already: Christmas, President's Day, Labor Day. Government workers don't need one more holiday!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There ALREADY is a Cesar Chavez day--his BIRTHDAY, March 31--which is ALREADY commemorated in MANY areas! Unless Baca the racist is pushing to make this a NATIONAL holiday!

I lived in San Bernardino,,,,,,,, I have not heard Baca come up with one thing in favor of the people that he has been elected to represent.
    When you hear his name, the agenda always has to do with Illegal Immigrants or their benefit.
    He needs to be voted out of office.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    There ALREADY is a Cesar Chavez day--his BIRTHDAY, March 31--which is ALREADY commemorated in MANY areas! Unless Baca the racist is pushing to make this a NATIONAL holiday!
    Yep, he's the one...

"Rep. Joe Baca last week addressed Congress to discuss his resolution calling for a national holiday in honor of labor hero Cesar Chavez."

A ... " Special Holiday ? " ... I don't think so ... Not on my watch. This guy needs to be voted out of office... Along with many others ... Very disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldmaster
    A ... " Special Holiday ? " ... I don't think so ... Not on my watch. This guy needs to be voted out of office... Along with many others ... Very disconcerting.
    The problem with that is,,,,,,,,San Bernardino is practcally a sanctuary City.
    It's crowded with Illegals.
    In fact,, San Bernardino,Ca,(Ted Turner= "SOS") is where Hazleton, Pa. picked up on the inititive, after San Bernardino (Baca included) rejected it.
    ------------------------

Sounds to me like he is one of the many Americans we need to remember on Labor Day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)