Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Beck Video on 9-11 question and Medina's Press Release

Beck video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2Ov6u9 ... r_embedded

Medina Press Release:

“I was asked a question on the Glenn Beck show today regarding my thoughts on the so-called 9/11 truth movement. I have never been involved with the 9-11 truth movement, and there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11. I have not seen any evidence nor have I ever believed that our government was involved or directed those individuals in any way. No one can deny that the events on 9-11 were a tragedy for all Americans and especially those families who lost loved ones.

“The question surprised me because it’s not relevant to this race or the issues facing Texans. This campaign has always been about private property rights and state sovereignty. It is focused on the issues facing Texans. It is not a vehicle for the 9-11 truth movement or any other group.

“The real underlying question here, though, is whether or not people have the right to question our government. I think the fact that people are even asking questions on this level gets to the incredible distrust career politicians have fostered by so clearly taking their direction from special interests instead of the people, whether it’s Rick Perry and the his HPV mandate or Kay Hutchison and voting for the bank bailout. It is absolutely the right and duty of a free people to question their government. Texas does not need another politician who tells you what you want to hear, then violates your liberties and steals your property anyway. I fully expect to be questioned and to be held accountable as Governor, and that’s the underlying issue here: should people be questioning their government. And the answer is yes, they should be.â€

I am surprised Beck carried the truther thing that far...I have not heard him say he supports anyone one in Texas.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Rumor: Glenn Beck sets Debra Medina up
    Staff | Feb 11, 2010 | 3 comments

Updated: Press Release: Debra Medina’s Response

There are rumors circulating around the internet that Glenn Beck and crew have set Debra Medina up, and that this has been their intention from the get go (and that this may have had something to do with Texas State Senator and Radio show host Dan Patrick, who supports Rick Perry, whom Pat Gray knew from his Houston days).

Today, Glenn Beck interviewed Debra Medina, but prior to this though, Glenn Beck stated that he and Perry were on amicable terms, and went into detail about this. Beck had said that he had never heard of her. One of the first questions that he had asked Medina was can you tell us about yourself, to which Medina gave a quick run down and summary of her life story.

Glenn Beck then again asked the same question, can you tell us about yourself, to which Medina gave a more detailed answer. After which Medina began to go into private property rights and some of her campaign platform but immediately thereafter, Glenn Beck threw in a wild card and stated that he supposedly had been receiving e-mails that Medina was a 9/11 Truther. Medina baffled by this question, stumbled, and gave the response that she does not police the thoughts of others. After the interview and the hard commercial break, Glenn Beck went into a wild tangent about 9/11 truthers, and then promoted that on his afternoon TV show that later this afternoon, he’d would be exposing a Marxist Europe.

As recently as last week, Pat Gray from the Glenn Beck show had this e-mail conversation with a Medina supporter.

1st EMAIL I SENT TO PAT GRAY:

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:05 PM
    To: Gray, Pat
    Subject: Please Listen To Me

Debra Medina is the real deal. Please promote her as the best candidate for Texas Governor. She is a real American and what starts in Texas can change the country. At least call her and give her a chance. I didn’t give her the time of day, then I listened and was BLOWN away! She got my vote and my family is VERY closely tied to Hutchinson…

Come on – it is obvious Medina doesn’t have any “big moneyâ€

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I am surprised Beck carried the truther thing that far...I have not heard him say he supports anyone one in Texas.
    Yeah, it appeared that he was pushing it.

it was mentioned on two of the local TV newscasts here in Dallas tonight when they decided not to talk all SNOW STORM

Channel 2 in Houston said on TV this morning that she made controversial statements and lead people to believe that she blamed the federal government for the 911 attack. I listened to the speech and never thought she lead people to believe that for one minute. I guess this is just the mainstream media's attempt to attack Medina. Anything to stir the pot of controversy.

http://www.click2houston.com/politics/2 ... etail.html

9/11 Comments Turn Into Controversy
    By Mary Benton

POSTED: Thursday, February 11, 2010
    UPDATED: 6:36 pm CST February 11, 2010

HOUSTON -- Republican gubernatorial candidate Debra Medina is backing away from controversial comments she made on a national radio show, KPRC Local 2 reported Thursday

While appearing on the Glen Beck Radio Program, Medina was asked if she thought the federal government was involved in the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks.

Medina responded by saying that, "I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn, so I'm not in a place, I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard, there are some very good arguments and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there, so I have not taken a position on that."

Her response was immediately criticized by the radio program host and by her primary election opponents, Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

"I think anyone who says 9/11 was an inside job is a kook, and they owe the young men and women of the military an apology," said Perry.

Hutchison issued a statement stressing, "It was Al-Qaida terrorists who declared war on America. To suggest otherwise is an affront to the men and women who are sacrificing their lives to root out the terrorists in Afghanistan and around the globe."

Medina later issued a statement clarifying her remarks on the Glen Beck Show. "I have never been involved with the 9/11 truth movement, and there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings."

Later, during an interview with KPRC Local 2 reporter Mary Benton, Medina said she was caught off-guard by Beck's question, but she believes that people should question their government.

"No, I don't believe the government had anything to do with the terrorists but to disassociate yourself with people asking questions, I believe that's an unhealthy thing for a free and prosperous society to do," said Medina.

Early voting begins next week for the March 2 primary.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

When Sarah Palin soft-balled the illegal immigration question, he did not disparage her.

Beck just performed political assassination, or atempted to. I heard it yesterday, on the radio, and was so angry, I turned him off. There are times when he does some real good things like the Revolutionary Holocaust, but then he turns around and does this kind of bs. I think personally, that he should made to publicly apologise to Debra Medina, and admit that his interview was skewed, and meant to discredit a decent American running for office against a corrupt incumbent.

I think Beck is leary of all politicians now...he even said on his show, remember we do not know who scott brown is. Maybe Medina has said something to make him wonder if she believes this.

I do think he was too hard on her, but I am not ready to condemn him for getting tough on a politician we really don't know.....lets face it every time one of them get in office, they turn on us.

We all know what scum Perry is and we know his record.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't know much about this controversy, but watch the below vid and see that Medina and Perry dodge and do not support E-VERIFY (8:32 in):

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/debat ... 68657.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast