Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ben Carson Ties Donald Trump in Iowa Poll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.wlky.com/politics/carson-...-vote/35044738

By Eugene Scott CNN

Carson now leading with the evangelical vote

UPDATED 3:34 PM EDT Sep 01, 2015

WASHINGTON (CNN) —For weeks, businessman Donald Trump was the leading candidate with evangelical Christians.

For the first time in more than a month, mogul Donald Trump is not leading the field in one of the first four nominating states in the Republican primary, according to a new poll.

But on Monday, a new Monmouth University poll found retired neurologist Ben Carson removed the real estate magnate from his pulpit, capturing 29% of the evangelical vote to Trump's 23%. The poll also found Carson has surged to the front of the GOP pack to tie Trump in Iowa, sending a sign that his faith-based approach to politics is resonating.

And in an August CNN/ORC poll, Carson was considered the top GOP candidate who "best represents Republican values."

"He is appealing to evangelicals because he is not afraid of talking about his faith. And when he does talk about his faith, it's not a political talking point for him. It is a real relationship with a real God," Carson's press secretary, Deana Bass, told CNN in response to the recent poll numbers.

The Trump campaign declined to comment on Carson's rise with evangelical voters.

In recent days, though, questions have been raised about how regularly he attends church and Trump was unwilling to discuss his favorite Bible verse.

Given his experience as a retired pediatric neurosurgeon and his Seventh Day Adventist faith, Carson has positioned himself as one of the most vocal presidential candidates in the ongoing abortion debate involving Planned Parenthood. The former Sunday School teacher has also been an advocate for religious liberty, an issue that has attracted him to many social conservatives.

And his religious faith doesn't only fuel his social views but his approach to fiscal policy. Scripture's concepts of tithing influence his 10% flat tax plan.

"I want a system that's based on biblical principles, because it seems to me that God is pretty fair," he said in Phoenix last month.

That appearance was originally supposed to be held at a city church, but interest was so high that the event was moved to the Phoenix Convention Center -- the same place Trump spoke weeks before.

"Even though the President says we're not a Judeo-Christian nation, he doesn't get to decide what kind of nation we are. We get to decide," Carson told the Phoenix crowd, which was larger than Trump's.

Bass told CNN that Carson's lack of political experience is one of the key reasons he's flourishing in his first bid for elected office.

"We find where ever we go across the country when people hear directly from Dr. Carson, his message resonates. He doesn't sound like a politician because he is not a politician. People find his authenticity and his solutions for America to be a breath of fresh air," Bass said.

But whether Carson will be able to dethrone Trump among is to be determined. That, Carson said, is out of his hands.

"All the pundits say it's impossible," Carson said. "I just said, 'Lord, if you want me to do it, if you open the doors, I will walk through them.'"
    It looks like Carson's rise is with the religious voters who believe if you pray, all the problems will go away. I don't believe that's true. I think it takes much more than that, and that it's God' will that we do the things that are necessary to solve problems.

Take his philosophy on tithe taxes. If 10% is good enough for God, it's good enough for government, because "God is pretty fair". Really?

Did he forget the 8% to fund Social Security and Medicare? Add the employee's share of that in and we're up to 14%. If someone works $8 an hour and can find 40 hours a week somewhere that's approximately $16,000 a year based on a 2000 hour year. 10% income tax and 4% payroll tax. That's $2,240 a year in federal income tax including the employee's share of SS and Medicare. That leaves them $13,760 to live on or approximately $1,147 a month.

By comparison, under the FairTax, the person earns $16,000. Takes all $16,000 home plus receives a Rebate to exempt the FairTax from essentials, the same as everyone else. There is no withholding for income tax or payroll tax because both have been eliminated by the FairTax legislation. If the person is a single mother for example with 2 children, she'll receive a Rebate of $4,621 (2015). Now that person receives not only the $16,000 she earned but another $4,621 to pay any FairTax charged on new goods and services, so the gross net expendable income is $20,621 a year instead of $13,760. The FairTax rate is split between 8.09% earmarked to fund SS and Medicare and 14.91% for General Revenue.

Which plan is more fair to this person? Carson's Tithe Plan or the FairTax Plan?

I don't know about you, but if I earned $16,000 a year and had a couple of kids at home, I'd like the FairTax plan better that yields me $1,718 a month instead of $1,147.

Evangelical Republicans need to pull out their calculators, do a little math, and the sooner the better.

If you click on the link below, you'll find an updated chart that shows you what the Rebate is for households based on number of adults and number of children and shows it both in the annual amount as well as the monthly amount. The Rebate is received each month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairTax

There's no doubt about it. The FairTax is God's Plan, buried by the Devil in the Putrid Ways and Means Committee of a Corrupt Congress since 1999.

FairTax Act of 2015: HR 25 in the US House of Representatives and S 155 in the US Senate.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-02-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have found that God helps those who help themselves, After I 've prayed about it, them I'd best roll up my sleeves, grab some gloves and a shovel. god is not going tp dig the ditch, but he may send help if I show that I want it done.

Ben Caron wont be tied with Trump for long if word continues to spread of Carson's support for amnesty for illegal aliens!
    http://www.alipac.us/f9/ben-carson-b...iven-p-322775/

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I have found that God helps those who help themselves, After I 've prayed about it, them I'd best roll up my sleeves, grab some gloves and a shovel. god is not going tp dig the ditch, but he may send help if I show that I want it done.
    Exactly.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Ben Caron wont be tied with Trump for long if word continues to spread of Carson's support for amnesty for illegal aliens!
    http://www.alipac.us/f9/ben-carson-b...iven-p-322775/

W
    Keep spreading the word far and wide. People need to know and this issue is the game-changer.

This is a no brainer. Anyone
    who sees themselves as a part our down trodden culture is likely to always promote for more of what America is, the savior. The existing part of that culture has now recognized that by enlarging the need will likely sweeten the well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12