Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beware of the movie "Hairspray"

Great movie (I saw it last night), but I'm worried about something. As I was watching it, I started to worry that this movie could falsely be applied to illegal immigration.

Although the illegal alien invasion into the U.S. and the civil rights movement of the 1960's have absolutely NOTHING in common, I'm afraid people will see this movie and erroneously align the two. This could really hurt us.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Although the illegal alien invasion into the U.S. and the civil rights movement of the 1960's have absolutely NOTHING in common, I'm afraid people will see this movie and erroneously align the two. This could really hurt us.
    ...don't worry. Since the two isues have absolutely nothing in common, it's easy to reject tieing the two together as the pro-illegal advocacy groups try to do. Most Americans with a logical sense of society and history can see the separation themselves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    ...don't worry. Since the two isues have absolutely nothing in common, it's easy to reject tieing the two together as the pro-illegal advocacy groups try to do. Most Americans with a logical sense of society and history can see the separation themselves.
    I hope you're right, Zeezil.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Interesting topic. When we had our 8-2 vote for 287g in Waukegan one of the African American alderman said he voted no because it would take us back to the 1960's and and civil rights movement. And he didn't want that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I Saw Hairspray

I thought it was a great film, and it has nothing to do with what is going on regarding illegal immigration. If someone was offended by John Travolta in a fat suit. . .please, just chill out. It's a fun movie. It spoofed our attitudes back in the 60's and our bigotry, but there were no illegal aliens in the storyline and how we should welcome them with open arms.

I would rather take Ugly Betty to task for their illegal alien storylines.