Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I thought as much about the bill being blue slipped. Remember all the fracas about the bill last year. Sensenbrenner squealed continuously that only the House can appropriate monies, and the Senate has no right to put dollar amounts in the bill. I sure hope this bill dies a fast death.
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. And keep your powder dry.

What Would Jefferson Do?

The things we have learned about the constitution lately!! Civics 101

I got another letter from my IL Senator Durbin. I have yet to receive any letters from Obama.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Bill May Die in the Senate

moosetracks,
    The story "GOP plots blue slip attack" from "the Hill" of May 30 is quoted in the post "Blue-slip attack ??" by Populist under today's "News Stories".

This hope seems based on this sentence in the 2nd paragraph: "The Senate immigration measure requires that illegal immigrants pay back taxes before becoming citizens...." However, the Bush Administration succeeded in getting this requirement removed from this year's bill (S. 134 on the basis that it would be "too complicated" for the IRS "to calculate"!

And, as several have pointed out, we know that S. 1348 does not require that illegal aliens ever apply for citizenship, or even a "Z" visa, in order to remain and work legally in the U.S. for the rest of their lives anyway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's what I faxed to my Senators this evening, courtesy of www.immigrationwatchdog.com

A very well written, point by point case made against so many aspects of this terrible bill. Thank goodness for those of us that can read, interpret and intelligently decipher this garbage for the rest of us.

[quote]

Fax Cover Sheet

To: Senator xxxx
    Fax # both local and DC fax numbers - just google your senators name

zip code xxxxx

Total pages (including cover): 4

Dear Senator xxxxx;

I am concerned about some of your recent comments in support of the current immigration bill. As one of your constituents, I want you to know I am totally against this bill for a variety of reasons. I have included specific problems with this bill and any one of them is good enough to stop this bad legislation from happening. I do not believe that a bad bill is better than no bill, and I strongly recommend for the sake of your job that you do not listen to President Bush, who is probably our country’s worst president of all time.

Please read this fax and vote against this bill.

Thank you.

-------
    1. Security doesn’t come first in this bill. This bill would immediately legalize illegal aliens that are currently in the country. The only way Congress will actually see to it that the border security and enforcement provisions in the bill will be implemented is if they have to do them before they even consider an amnesty for the people who are here.

2. Illegal aliens won’t have to pay back taxes — where do we get the same deal? The whole idea that illegal aliens shouldn’t have to pay the taxes they already owe for working in the United States is utterly and completely offensive because it actually gives them a privilege that American citizens aren’t getting: forgiveness for taxes owed to the IRS.

3. If passed, this bill will make taxpayers pay the legal bills for illegal aliens seeking amnesty. Tucked away on page 317 is a provision that would allow lawyers in the federally-funded legal services program to represent illegal aliens, which they are presently barred from doing.

4. This bill rewards illegal aliens for breaking our laws. There are tens of millions of people who respect our laws and our country, waiting patiently, in line, often in their home countries, to get a chance to come here. Under this bill, illegal aliens will immediately be eligible for a “Z Visaâ€
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

GREAT, TexasCowgirl!! I will definately use this in my emailing, faxing and phone calls tomorrow!!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

I wish William would give us his opinion on this matter.

Re: Don't Let Church Use Your Money to Harbor Criminals

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    I've been calling my Senators twice a day. Senator Brown's staff continues to ask for my zip code. I've given them several from central OH.

Sen. Voinovich's office no longer inquires about my zip code. I suspect he wants to vote in favor of this bill. He supported the Senate's bill last year.
    Since we are both Catholic, I've informed his office the Catholic Church is WRONG to support this legislation. If the church was to give aid to someone that needs it, fine, but they also need to buy them a bus ticket home.
    I am sending an i.o.u. to the church in place of my monthly check until they get out of the business of harboring criminals. They understand that.

My local church will continue to receive my weekly donation, but the Bishop may get an I.O.U.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234