Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama is spouting that he is an agent of "change."

I've heard this cliche for decades. I guess some youngsters are buying this nonsense.

Obama's "change" would be higher taxes and amnesty for IAs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

mayflowerchick

It is a battering ram. It is used more by politicians and race baiters like the Revs than it is ordinary citizens.

Most Americans, of all color, are too busy simply trying to work, care for their families, and pay those taxes to be concerned about 'keeping the black man down'.

But of course, if others can use it to their benefit - either to get money in their pockets, get votes, or maybe as revenge for some past slights, the will do it.

whatmattersmost I really don't have any common ground to discuss this with people who make statements like '

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed as who wins the election. Young Americans of all races are mixing, marrying and reproducing. 93% of the Iowans who voted for Obama are white. America is changing and segregationist are becoming more and more isolated, unpopular and a thing of the pas. The days of Al, Jesse, the Klan and the descendants of former slave owners keeping segregation alive is almost a done deal in America.

That's the kind of rhetoric that keeps the idea alive and it is destructive.

I won't be surprised if Obama gets elected. You bet I will be dissappointed - as will America, I think. It is something I have feared since he made his speech at the Dem convention and every pundit immediately dubbed him 'presidential material'. There speeches and accolades were almost verbatim and scripted. I knew then he had powerful backers - powerful backers. And it isn't 'young Americans' either.

I find the use of words like former slave owners, etc., offensive - when thrown out there to attempt to tar anyone who thinks Obama should not be president.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    Americans do not really have a clear perspective of what racism is anyway.Everyone throws the term around to shut somebody up but I think we all need to agree on what it is and how it plays out. Right now it is the battering ram for an Inquisition. I believe that everybody is racist and nobody is truly honest about race relations.
    While I agree that some don't have a clear perspective, I think that those who have perpetually been forced to live the experience of being discriminated against can tell the difference. I also believe that there are those who have abused the premise of it so much (Al, Jesse, LaRaza types) until it now rings hollow and provokes eye rolling by those of us who recognize any false pretense of such a claim. I don't think "everybody" is a racist though.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

whatmattersmost I really don't have any common ground to discuss this with people who make statements like '

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed as who wins the election. Young Americans of all races are mixing, marrying and reproducing. 93% of the Iowans who voted for Obama are white. America is changing and segregationist are becoming more and more isolated, unpopular and a thing of the pas. The days of Al, Jesse, the Klan and the descendants of former slave owners keeping segregation alive is almost a done deal in America.

That's the kind of rhetoric that keeps the idea alive and it is destructive.

I won't be surprised if Obama gets elected. You bet I will be dissappointed - as will America, I think. It is something I have feared since he made his speech at the Dem convention and every pundit immediately dubbed him 'presidential material'. There speeches and accolades were almost verbatim and scripted. I knew then he had powerful backers - powerful backers. And it isn't 'young Americans' either.[/b]
    That's exactly what I said:

" I think you are going to be sorely disappointed" see my quote above. As for America, I don't think you can speak for the feelings, emotions or thoughts of an entire population. He certainly can't be any worse than the current oxygen deprived brain that certain people felt the need to vote for because he claimed he was the next best thing to Jesus . . . TWICE.

I find the use of words like former slave owners, etc., offensive - when thrown out there to attempt to tar anyone who thinks Obama should not be president.
    While the words may be offensive, the reality of the situation is that there are many white Americans who fit that description and fall into various categories of those who share that thought process.

I didn't invent racism, slavery, slave masters, nor am I a descendant of anyone who did. I stand by my word, present day KKK members, their descendants and the descendants of slave owners are not going to be happy with a black president. There is a difference between rhetoric v. reality, sorry but there is nothing rhetorical about the history of the United States of America.

I didn't invent racism, slavery, slave masters, nor am I a descendant of anyone who did. I stand by my word, present day KKK members, their descendants and the descendants of slave owners are not going to be happy with a black president.

No, neither did I or anyone I know or have known - or anyone alive today - or their ancestors.

Present day KKK's are a joke. Something kept alive by the likes of the Revs to keep money rolling in for their cushy lifestyles. A convenient boogeyman.

I wonder if you realize how many generations removed from 'slave owners' we are now - and how few slave owners there were in the South?

You know JOhnny Cochran once made a statement - and a profound one, I think. He was talking about something Shapiro said after the OJ trial taking issue with Cochran's reference to Hitler and how it was offensive to Jews who had really suffered. Cochran said, "The Jewish people don't have a corner on suffering in this world." Neither does any one else.

Lucky is the person who went through life with roses strewn in their path and no one ever causing them pain or grief. Lucky is the person who never was discriminated against because of either their color, their economic status, their looks, their family situation, etc. We all have been hurt by injustice. Does that mean we should continue to repeat hatred and blame everyone in the world, who is in no way connected with the hurt?

No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Of course you don't. Some people don't think the KKK is alive and well in America either.

But those of us who are not in denial realize that racism will always be alive and well in America. The article I posted is merely proof positive.
    Geez, the guy won IOWA.
    The article you posted is proof of nothing, it's all hearsay. Your own posts would seem to be better proof.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Then why does Obama perpetuate the segregation in his own church as evidenced by the followinghttp://www.alipac.us/ftopict-96384-trinity.html?

"Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism." - Ron Paul
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I didn't invent racism, slavery, slave masters, nor am I a descendant of anyone who did. I stand by my word, present day KKK members, their descendants and the descendants of slave owners are not going to be happy with a black president.

No, neither did I or anyone I know or have known - or anyone alive today - or their ancestors.
    I never accused you of anything I merely disputed your claim that the history of slavery in America was "rhetoric". Whether you acknowledge it or ignore it, it doesn't change the facts. As for your claims about the klan I won't post the article but here's a couple of links to dispute your "opinon" about the klan as well:

http://mostlywater.org/node/28862
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/ ... f4279.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... wanted=all

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Of course you don't. Some people don't think the KKK is alive and well in America either.

But those of us who are not in denial realize that racism will always be alive and well in America. The article I posted is merely proof positive.
    Geez, the guy won IOWA.
    The article you posted is proof of nothing, it's all hearsay. Your own posts would seem to be better proof.
    Iowa is one state, there are 49 more. I didn't write the article and I doubt the JOURNALIST who did would print something under his name that was fabricated. Since when did print become "hearsay". Do you even know the meaning of the phrase?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    "Bill O'Reilly is an unmitigated shrill, self absorbed, delusional asshat. Why would anyone with an incognito camera crew be allowed to approach a man who is running for president?"

Get your facts straight

He was not incognito , he was behind the tape line and the
    goon kept moving to block his shot

Obama isn't a god or king to be either and if he thinks he is
    do we need another one in the White house?
    First of all you need to get your tone in check. I am not one of your children. Second according to the original poster:

Just breaking on Fox

Bill O'Reilly attended an Obama event this morning
    as a regular person with a camera crew
    He attended the event as a "regular person with a camera crew". No appointment or permission to photograph anybody. Maybe you need to learn to comprehend what you read before attacking others.

As far as Obama is concerned he's no different than any other presidential candidate except HIS LIFE HAS ALREADY BEEN THREATENED. Bitter much?
    My tone is just fine and facts are correct

Because you don't like O'Reilly isn't my problem , I just state the facts
    He showed up with a camera , he was in a public area and had every right to film , take pics or scream obscenities or whatever he wanted

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast