Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All that was said in these posts are true.
    The cost of illegal immigration is effecting everyone in U.S.
    Money that should be going to educate and help the poor
    in this country is now going to educating and helping the
    illegal immigrants who have flooded our country and
    overwhelmed our resources. African-Americans need to
    stand up for their country and for themselves because
    whether they realize it or not, this issue is affecting them
    and their children.

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    It would be awesome if we could get the black democratic support. I just don't know if they have become aware of this urgent issue!! Their leaders need to let them know what is going on!!!
    Suggestion: Contact black congressmen and ask them to join the House of Representatives Immigration Reform caucus. Maybe those already in the Caucus know who would be likely to join in. Of course it doesn't matter what color they are. Votes are what counts.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Texas Democrat, Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee is probably one of the biggest illegal immigrant lovers in the U.S. Congress! Yes, she's a black woman.

Can anyone name one black member of the U.S. Congress that doesn't support amnesty for illegals? Just curious.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I did some searching for black US representatives in the Immigration Reform Caucus. Found none, but a poll shows at least 48 per cent of black Americans believe immigrants are taking their jobs, too. Closest thing I found was Will Fair's group:
    http://www.americanworker.org/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm sure that the average Black American is starting to see that illegal immigration is a huge problem for their group and America in general. But since most support the Democratic Party, they're probably afraid of getting backlash from prominent Black Liberals, who sympathize with the illegals and the plight of poor people in general. It's incredibly stupid...Black Americans logically should be the group crying out the most about this illegal invasion, because I know it's hit them the hardest...but political correctness and the traditional white/black thing in the media prevents them from seeing the truth. Many on an individual level know the truth, but either haven't had personal experiences with illegal immigration or don't want the backlash they might get for speaking out...they don't look kindly on the Republican Party, which is another reason why...their loyalty to the Dems trumps everything else.

Ostrich

In the US all men are created equal---and then the Dems get busy to make sure that certain groups get some extra advantages. My parents were both Dems, but they had lost or left everything behind them in the Midwest to start over again in the big city. Back in FDR times.

So the Dems have been busy with affirmative action and entitlements to make sure these giveaways keep 'em in office. I don't really understand politics---never even heard of a "clay pigeon maneuever" until this week. But if I were a client of the Dems--or any other party--I might not rock the boat. Guess that's why I'm independent. And I think more and more people are joining us everyday. The biggest problem with Independents is that they don't have party apparatchiks to do their research. Pretty much have to do it themselves.

It's real simple as to why the African Community is not speaking out more on this.

They think that the democrats will protect them. They "The African American Community" THINKS that there job will be protected by the democrats, and that includes government jobs.

But here is where money comes into play in politics; with the rift that illegal immigration caused with in the republican ranks, black american
    community colleges started to open up their doors to the Latino community. "Thinking that they could convert my group to their philosphy".

IF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY DOESN'T LEARN FROM IT'S PAST MISTAKE'S?

THEN THEY WILL REPEAT THE MISTAKE'S THAT THEY MADE IN "LITTLE MIAMI". BUT THIS TIME IT WILL BE NATION WIDE.

illegal immigrants are not the ones causing problems for the blacks long before there were 12 million the blacks were oppressed by the system, look at the civil rights era was it illegals who were supressing the black community??? it's funny most people here oppose the voting rights act, oppose affirmative action everything that seeks to put blacks ahead a little bit republicans oppose it no wonder most blacks are democrats. Now all of a sudden when it comes to illegal immigration and the white population is being threatened you all suddenly care about black people??? give me a break ted hayes and fair dont represent the majority of black people they are the very small i mean small minority in the black community. I also find it offensive that you keep saying blacks are most affected by 12 million workers who dont even have a high school diploma so what do you want to say about blacks??? that they cant get better paying jobs than the low wage work illegals do?? Its typical of the powers that be to shift blame from themselves of how blacks are stereotyped and profiled to another minority group. no black congressman is ever going to join the immigration reform caucus and trust me every black person in the congress is going to vote for comprehensive immigration reform, you guys are wasting your time calling them because you dont have the backing of the black community. The whole row of illegal immigration is simply this WHITE PEOPLE are scared that the latino population will become a larger majority than they are, that's why most of you are scared of. Dont worry being in the minority it's not that bad.

The following is a friendly debate. Please do not take anything personally because we are fighting for the same thing here.

killbill, I respect what you are saying. Please do not speak for all whites. You are correct, there were many issues before the illegals. Look how far we have come from voting and civil rights, etc. Black people have the same advantages of whites - they need to take advantage of it.

You are correct - I totally DISAGREE with affirmative action. People should be chosen by who they are and their education, experience - not the color of their skin. I just lost out a spot in nursing school due to the number of blacks students that should be in.

And yes, blacks ARE affected by illegals because they are taking their jobs. Blacks have every opportunity to go to school with federal funding but alot do not. The unwed birth rates are 75%; that my friend is not the white's fault. It is fault in the black community.

I can't afford school, I have chosen to still go, I can't get help with ANYTHING b/c I am a white female. Believe me, I have applied for everything!! So I will go in debt for school.

I am not scare of being the minority because I already AM the minority. Whites are now being discriminated against for being white!! Illegals have more rights and government help than I do now. Blacks have more advantages than I do now.

But you have stated what I already knew. Black citizens only follow their few leaders who throw them into the lion's den. It is unfortunate because they could help make a difference but prefer to be sheeps instead of herders.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

killbill2,

All of your assessments of the black community are based on the assumption that they are still oppressed. I think you are outdated in your thinking. Frankly, I know a lot of prosperous and even affluent black people that don't feel oppressed and they live a life of equality. Many blacks of the younger generation are not hanging on to the civil rights movement and playing victim. That's just beating a dead horse.

I’ve met Ted Hayes and I found him to be funny, intelligent and wise.

Secondly, yes the black population is generally less educated than the white population and generally has a higher drop out rate, therefore they will be directly competing with illegal immigrants for jobs based on education level and job skills, which are comparable in some cases. The same can be said for under-educated whites.

Lastly, afraid of “Latinosâ€

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast