Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When they call us "racists" for being against illegal immigration, they are basically admitting that 90% of illegals are Mexicans.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa
    Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I laugh when I hear this, as hispanic is NOT a race, we are WHITE.
    I don't care what color you are, if you're illegal, GET OUT!

In the words of the memorable Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does"
    Don't really want to argue,but since when are hispanics white?? You are mistaken.
    Hispanics are listed as whites thru federal and state.. such as law enforcement bookings, etc...
    WoW!! I have been schooled.
    Well, some hispanics are white. Forget the government figures, they are talking about people in this nation derived from Latin America -- mostly non-white. But hispanics can be white, Indian, mestizo, or black. Most from Mexico or Central America are mestizos or Indians. Many from Argentina or Chile are white. Some from the Caribean are black.

Bottum line: Hispanic is not a race. It is a linguistic, cultural, regional term.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I laugh when I hear this, as hispanic is NOT a race, we are WHITE.
    I don't care what color you are, if you're illegal, GET OUT!

In the words of the memorable Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does"
    Don't really want to argue,but since when are hispanics white?? You are mistaken.
    Hispanics are listed as whites thru federal and state.. such as law enforcement bookings, etc...
    WoW!! I have been schooled.
    Well, some hispanics are white. Forget the census figures, they are talking about people in this nation derived from Latin America -- mostly non-white. But hispanics can be white, Indian, mestizo, or black. Most from Mexico or Central America are mestizos or Indians. Many from Argentina or Chile are white. Some from the Caribean are black.

Bottum line: Hispanic is not a race. It is a linguistic, cultural, regional term.
    I stand corrected Bear, thank you. Your bottom line is spot on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

The Jews were not the only people harmed by Hitler. Ask the Poles, Austrians, Russians, Brittish, French, Africans, Egyptians...

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The real question in all this is:

Is a person here legally via the correct procedures and methods, or are they not. That is the issue. And, yes, due to sheer physical proximity and demographics it is an undeniable fact that most of the illegal people in the US ARE from Central and South America. And, of course, most of those people that happened to cross our borders ARE given the demographic label as being 'Hispanic'. "That's just the way it is" to quote US Rep. Ted Poe.

I think that differences in language and culture are the sensitive points that people align against and then later use that frustration to bring in the less pertinent aspects of the issue (race, ethnicity, etc). Had the IAs wandering in already been fluent in English and able to assimilate much better I don't think the problem would be nearly as pronounced as it is now... (just my opinion, very subjective, ...no real 'facts' to back it up...)

My answer to all the above is, "Ok, so what?" It comes back to status (and methods).

Of course, an approximate 40% of persons illegally in the US are visa overstays. While border crossers get a lot of attention (rightfully deserved of course), this secondary group does not. For some strange reason, they are not given nearly the scrutiny that border crossers get - yet, they can present an equal if not greater danger to the country than a typical border crosser. That secondary group is a much more diverse group which is comprised of people from all over the world basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    The Jews were not the only people harmed by Hitler. Ask the Poles, Austrians, Russians, Brittish, French, Africans, Egyptians...

Dixie
    Today, when I think of WWII, I think of the massive devastation that it caused ALL of Europe. Tens of millions of people died. Entire nations were raised to the ground. Mostly Hitler was to blame, Stalin as well. America and Britain also did questionable things during the war.

NOBODY won WWII.

Western Civilization lost WWII.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Thanks BFR - you found the words I was grasping for but wasn't able to find in my post above

you really have to wonder who is behind this 'race' crap. our government calls the hispanics 'white' the hispanics call themselves 'brown' or 'bronz'.... and those that want laws enforces are racists

IMO, the government uses the term "white" so as not to cause alarm that the "white race" is actually becomeing a minority. I may be wrong, but look at the numbers.
    I would also like to add that in law enforcement, being listed as a "wanted" person through the national database (NCIC), you basically have to fill in a form on a computer. You have to select from drop down menus and can not use terms or codes that are not recognized by the system. There is no special code for someone that is hispanic, they have to be listed as "white". If you think about this, If you are a police officer on patrol, and you get a BOLO (be on the lookout) for a "white male, dark hair, blah, blah blah, are you even going to look twice at a hispanic?
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by totallybeachin
    IMO, the government uses the term "white" so as not to cause alarm that the "white race" is actually becomeing a minority. I may be wrong, but look at the numbers.
    I would also like to add that in law enforcement, being listed as a "wanted" person through the national database (NCIC), you basically have to fill in a form on a computer. You have to select from drop down menus and can not use terms or codes that are not recognized by the system. There is no special code for someone that is hispanic, they have to be listed as "white". If you think about this, If you are a police officer on patrol, and you get a BOLO (be on the lookout) for a "white male, dark hair, blah, blah blah, are you even going to look twice at a hispanic?
    Just a thought.
    You would be looking for a male with dark hair, white skin color does not mean chalk white. There are different shades of white, tan happens to be one of them.

How would you describe Calderon? Fox? Reagan? They are all white men with dark hair.

Look at Italian, Portugese, some Arab males. Let's say they all have dark hair. They are all tan. How different do they look from hispanic males? They all share the same characteristic. Watch a spanish channel on TV and tell me what you see.
    "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast