Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE BLOG THAT GOT ME BANNED

I have been blogging for over 4 years in my local newspaper, The North County Times. I guess I made one blog too many on the feel good story of the first babies on 2009. It wasn't that all of the babies mentioned had complex Latino names; it was that they all appeared to be to unwed, unemployed mothers. It was a precursor to the new Welfare society.

http://www.nctimes.com/

Last year they ran a similar story, and they added in the fact that all of the interviews they did for the story required a Spanish interpreter.

Here is the story.

R/ Skip

NORTH COUNTY: First baby of 2009 born

By DAVID GARRICK - Staff Writer |
    Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:07 PM PST

NORTH COUNTY ---- Giving birth to North County’s first baby of 2009 was a surreal experience for 19-year-old Yaquelin Teran of Vista, who said she spent most of Thursday marveling at her infant son.

"I thought I was dreaming, but he's actually here," said Teran, a first-time mother. "It hasn’t really kicked in yet, but I think it finally will when I go home with him."

Teran gave birth at 12:32 a.m. Thursday to Adrian Noe Torres, a 7-pound boy. The infant was born at Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside.

Teran went into labor Wednesday evening after several false alarms this week. She had been to the hospital one time last Saturday and three separate times on Monday, but was sent home each time.

Her final trip to Tri-City took place Wednesday at 8:30 p.m., and four hours later she was officially a mother ---- and her son was officially the first baby born in North County this year.

Teran recounted her experience during a Thursday afternoon interview from her hospital bed, as Adrian rested on her arm.

She said the day had been filled by visits from several friends and many members of her extended family. Teran said she changed her first diaper Thursday morning.

A Vista resident for 14 years, Teran is a graduate of Alta Vista High School and has attended MiraCosta College in Oceanside. She said she hopes to resume college when her son is a bit older.

The father is 21-year-old Mario Torres of Oceanside, who was with Teran in her hospital room on Thursday.

Torres was not the only baby born in North County on Thursday. At least four others were born at Tri-City, one at Scripps Memorial Hospital in Encinitas and one at Palomar Medical Center in Escondido. Fallbrook Hospital reported no births Thursday.

Melany Castillo was born at 3:29 a.m. Thursday at Palomar. The baby girl weighed 10 pounds, 3 ounces. Her family lives in Escondido.

Anell Guadalupe Molina was born at 11:01 a.m. Thursday at Scripps Memorial. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces. The parents are Angelina Sanchez and Louis Molina of Oceanside.

Teran’s child was not the first baby born in the entire county.

A girl named KammiAnna was born to Gwendolyn Hart at 12:02 a.m. at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital in Kearny Mesa, said spokesman Tom Hanscom of Sharp HealthCare.

The healthy girl is the first child for Hart, a San Diego resident, Hanscom said. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces.

Following up at 12:16 a.m. was a 7-pound, 4-ounce girl born to Maarai Medina and Rueben Aguilera at Kaiser Foundation Hospital in Grantville, according to Casey Hart, Kaiser public information officer.

Contact staff writer David Garrick at (760)-740-5468 or dgarrick@nctimes.com.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/01 ... 13b3b2.txt

where.....the link isn't there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(23) Comments

Luz January 1, 2009 9:49PM PST
    I thought Prop 8 was supposed to "protect marriage." It looks like none of these parents got the memo.

Skip January 1, 2009 9:51PM PST
    Moderator's note: This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.
    Report Abuse

Skip January 1, 2009 10:21PM PST
    LOL Even though my previous post did not last long, I think I asked a fair question.
    Report Abuse

MVet January 1, 2009 11:07PM PST
    TO Luz: What are you saying? That some or all of these couples may not be married? That's what it looks like to me.
    Report Abuse

Phyllis D January 1, 2009 11:15PM PST
    I'll save that moderator some time and just not type what I'm thinking, but I'm sure Skip is thinking the same thing.
    Report Abuse

MVet January 2, 2009 12:17AM PST
    Their plan is working. GOOGLE "First Born of 2009", and you will find that 90% of all first born babies of 2009 have Hispanic Surnames (and a lot of them).
    Report Abuse

Daphne January 2, 2009 8:38AM PST
    What is your point MVet? I did not know it there was a law against Hispanics starting families. I did not realize when a Hispanic, Latino or Mexican had a baby it was alarming news. One would think you, Skip and Phyllis D would have better things to than to google ridiculous subjects and make awful comments which can't even be posted on this blog. I want to say welcome to the world little ones. Welcome to the world and take advantage of every opportunity afforded to you as citizens and make this world a better place. Happy New Year!!
    Report Abuse

AC January 2, 2009 9:45AM PST
    With the postings of Mvet, Skip, and PhyllisD, it is apparent they do not like the Hispanic surnames of their new born fellow Americans. It's too bad. Diversity is what makes this country great. Discrimination has a long history in this country and it is still here today.During the 1840's, the Irish immigrants that left Ireland for America were discriminated against because they were considered inferior. The same happened to the Italians during the late 1800's when they came to America. Both groups were not veiwed as being good enough to be Americans. But now, the Irish and the Italians are an accepted groups in the United States. And it's a good thing. Both groups have contributed to this country.The same is happening with Hispanics. However, with the sheer numbers of Hispanic Americans in this country, complete acceptance will come their way over the next couple of decades. Hispanics will continue to gain acceptance in the short run and they will continue to contribute to our country. And congratulations to the newborns and their parents. Maybe one of them can grow up to be your President in our great country of opportunity.
    Report Abuse

Skip January 2, 2009 11:03AM PST
    The most poverty stricken countries in the world are the ones with the highest fertility rates. As usual it is the people who can least afford to have children have the most. In California the bill for unwed teenage girls having babies is picked up by the state taxpayers. Last year the NCT ran these same stories, and added in that the interviews had to be conducted with a Spanish translator. This year they ran the same stories but left out the translator part. I already know that Caucasians are the new minority. I see that at work every day. What bothers me is that if these people are so racists in their demands today, what life will be like when they are the majority of tomorrow. Most of the highest productive countries in the world have the lowest fertility rate and that is because they know that over population will destroy a country. One only needs to look to our neighbor to the south to see this taking place today.
    Report Abuse

Skip January 2, 2009 11:17AM PST
    Moderator's note: This comment has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.
    Report Abuse

Dave January 2, 2009 11:18AM PST
    Moderator's note: This comment has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.
    Report Abuse

AC January 2, 2009 11:36AM PST
    History International (on cable) has a one hour show on the Irish, Jews, and Italians moving to the United States during the 1800's. It is a good documentary. If you watch it, you will see the parallels of the discrimination that they received and the discrimination directed at Hispanics. The show is one of the Histories Mysteries shows.It can be enlightening for some.
    Report Abuse

Skip January 2, 2009 11:58AM PST
    TO AC >> It is not the same. Back at the turn of the Century the United States was begging for expansion. Today we have over 305 Million people living here and there have been more Illegal Aliens moving in, in the last 10 years than the previous totals of all immigrants in the previous 190 years. Right now we are running out of space, gasoline, electricity, schools, hospitals, and infrastructure. WE ARE HAVE ALSO RUN OUT OF MONEY TO PAY FOR ALL OF THE SOCIAL SERVICES THAT THE NEW ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE ENTITLED TO. How can we pollute less and conserve more when our population is going to reach 400 million in you or your children’s lifetime. Yes there is a difference.
    Report Abuse

maryb January 2, 2009 12:08PM PST
    Report Abuse

RG1 January 2, 2009 12:32PM PST
    These events should be happy occasions, but there are a few questions the article failed to discuss: How many of the parents are married? How many of the parents are legal citizens of the U.S.? How many of the parents are financially well off enough to raise children on their own income? How many of these kids will grow up in an English speaking home? Just some questions that should be easy to answer.
    Report Abuse

El Jefe January 2, 2009 12:35PM PST
    DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS NOW! Maybe Daphne and AC are illegals?
    Report Abuse

Syl January 2, 2009 12:43PM PST
    The not so obvious buzzwords are here. Extended family, every couple has a different last name, the mother's name does not match the baby's name, unemployed and out of school. These babies are being born 24 hours around the clock,365 days a year, not just on new years.
    Report Abuse

David Garrick, staff writer January 2, 2009 2:16PM PST
    Responding to Skip's comment from 11:03 a.m., I did not need a translator to interview Yaquelin Teran yesterday. The first-time mother spoke perfect English.
    Report Abuse

Brad January 2, 2009 3:12PM PST
    At what point will we be declared minorities and get everything that comes with it?
    Report Abuse

Pico January 2, 2009 4:17PM PST
    I love seeing paranoid xenophobes like Skip wet his depends over something as non-threatening as a new born baby! Living a life of hate is bad for your health!! Keep living in the 1900s, we won't miss you when you're gone!
    Report Abuse

Pico January 2, 2009 4:24PM PST
    Oh, so Brad, you want your land to be taken from you, and you want to be declared illegal in the land you've inhabited for over 40,000 years? Or do you want to work for less than minimum wage for over 500 years, while receiving no health benefits, little to no shelter, and constantly at the risk of being attacked by violent vigilantes? Or do you want to put up with half-wit, in-the-closet racist Xenophobes who barely graduated from High School and suddenly claim to know the law better than you do, even though you've got a college education? Where would you like to start?
    Report Abuse

RG1 January 2, 2009 8:34PM PST
    Hey Pico, you have the perfect name since pico means small. Like in small minded maybe? Why don't try to be big and you finance these kids whose parents can't. The rest of us "Xenophobes" are tired of it. Yes, you must be highly educated since you recently learned the word xenophobe and use it so often to impress.
    Report Abuse

Dry Powder January 3, 2009 10:09AM PST
    Moderator's note: This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/01 ... 13b3b2.txt

Skip, you got banned for speaking the truth. Now, you know that is NOT allowed in our PC world and it will only get worse. Wait until the "hate crimes"legislation is enacted, we will speak only in whispers to friends and family. Kind of like sexual harassment, depends if the other person is offended, no matter it's intent.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Seems like they are deleting an awful lot of posts at that paper
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

David Garrick, staff writer January 2, 2009 2:16PM PST
    Responding to Skip's comment from 11:03 a.m., I did not need a translator to interview Yaquelin Teran yesterday. The first-time mother spoke perfect English.
    Report Abuse
    I should hope that she speaks perfect English. She went to Public Schools for 12 years. I was surprised that the reporter felt the need to explain that she did speak English.

----- Forwarded Message ----
    To: "xxxxx@yahoo.com" <xxxx@yahoo.com>
    Cc: NCT Online - Abuse <NCTOnline-Abuse@lee.net>
    Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 1:13:25 PM
    Subject: NCTimes.com web comments

Dear NCTimes.com/Californian.com user registered as SKIP,

Several of your posts at NCTimes.com/Californian.com have required action by moderators due to violation of the North County Times/Californian Web comment policy.

This e-mail serves as a warning. If your posts continue to require moderation, your user profile will be banned and all posts under that username will be retroactively deleted.

Furthermore, this message is considered a private communication between you as a registered user of our system and me as a representative of our company. If we discover that you have posted this message in any public forum, your account will be automatically deleted and your IP address blocked.

If you have questions about the Web comment policy or interaction on NCTimes.com/Californian.com, contact comments@nctimes.com.

Thank you,
    Tracy

-----------------------
    Tracy Greer
    Online Editor
    North County Times
    tgreer@nctimes.com
    760-739-6621

So much for freedom of speech at that paper....but then this is happening all across the country!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Well, they were all unmarried. Skip, I didn't even look at the Texas papers because it's the same story here every year.

So the racists and xenophobes over at the CDC said:

Hispanic women have the highest unmarried birthrate in the country—over three times that of whites and Asians, and nearly one and a half times that of black women, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

Forty-five percent of all Hispanic births occur outside of marriage, compared with 24 percent of white births and 15 percent of Asian births. Only the percentage of black out-of-wedlock births—68 percent—exceeds the Hispanic rate.

About one-third of girls in the United States get pregnant before age 20.

In 2006, the overall birth rate for 15– to 19– year-old females was 41.9, but—

the rate was 83 among Hispanics (twice the overall rate),
    63.7 among non-Hispanic blacks (however, blacks have a slightly higher teen pregnancy rate than Hispanics),
    54.7 among American Indian or Alaska Natives, and
    26.6 among non-Hispanic whites.

Here is one link but the sorce of all of this data is the CDC.
    http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/A ... /index.htm

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast