Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Find it hard to cry over seperation of family when few are actually designed as one. Pretty soon they are going to have to crack down on these un-wed fathers to pay up for their responsibility in the matter....because we can't keep footing the bill or rewarding this behavior by handing out freebies based soley on having a child, preferably out of wed-lock.

Maybe it just bugs me, but when I see upcomming mandates for pre-school under the guise of helping with education from and earlier and earlier ages, and what has happened with our children and how the system is working (really not working).....and less and less parental rights it concerns me.......all that comes to mind is when Elian Gonzales came here and and was sent back to his father in Cuba because Elians mother died. If I remember correctly, they pretty much had control over your children and you had no choice in the matter. Ya you got credit for being the egg or sperm but after that, the government raised them like they wanted to and you got occational visitation rights to your child. I think Elian is getting extra attention since it was global news and have to make him look real successful under this type of government to say how wonderful it is. I doubt it's all that wonderful for all.

At that same time is when Hillary did her "Takes a village to raise a child" thing and was talking about more orphanages being built. If I remember correctly it was also to take children from poor people to offer them the life the parents couldn't afford.....they shouldn't be denied anything if the parents lost work etc. Until they can prove they can care for them in the manner the government saw fit. I remember the years following that. You were scared to death to take your kid to a Dr. without HRS butting in and accusing you in some way of causing this problem and scared not to for fear of being charged with neglect. Anyone under suspicion of not providing well had workers in their home, looking in your fridge and cabinets and such to see if you met their standards. That was when no way did a single parent have a 1 bedroom or an effeciency with opposite sex children without having seperate bedrooms, beds (none of this sleeping on the floor like sardines), phone, all utilities on and paid for without loosing your child. No mess, no booze, no guns or knives....right on down to adequate study space etc. Especially severe watching if you were on public aid. Un- wed papa better not be sleeping over and you better hand over every iota of information on him because he should pay, not the government. Most fled for other states because what the state said was adequate child support wasn't close to what many made. Don't cooperate and you loose all aid. You basicly had no choice anymore in what treatment your child got if they were on medicade without loosing it....and ADD was the biggie and about every kid I knew on public assistance was ADD and whether or not you wanted them on the standard medication or even another opinion, was not your choice. You were "neglectful" for not following their orders. That's when they started going to kindergarten and drillng them with.....does Mommy ever yell at you? Does Daddy? Do they make you cry? Have they ever spanked you? Called you a brat or told you you were stupid? Well, if this happens again, this is abuse, you call HRS (and they had them memorize the number) and told them they'd take them to a nice safe place where that wouldn't happen anymore. I mean right down to "does Daddy drink beer when he watches football? Does he ever scream and scare you? (no explination between drunken vile screaming and threats vs yelling at the refs on TV for a bad call that startled you or that you heard in another room.) Do your parents make you uncomfortable by wanting you to do something you don't feel comfortable doing? (Ya.....mommy was so mean coz she made me put away my toys!!!!!......Daddy said I better eat my peas or no TV!!! I mean how mean can you get!!!!! LOL) Atleast where I was it was a horrible time to raise a child because all your kid had to do was go to school or tell a friend how mean you were for not doing what they wanted and you were suspect. It was a time when being a parent lost any power at all. Those who home schooled and stayed as far away as possible from anything government maintained any sense of control or influence over their children. And they wonder what happened. Parents were afraid to be parents. If your spouse got busted for DUI or got in any trouble, you better immediatly file for divorce because if you don't, you'd both loose your child and be charged with neglect for allowing your child to be around that behavior. It was extreem and excessive and they never got a grip on things till foster kids were missing and kids were abducted by parents and taken out of the state etc. Then it went totally lax.

Till then this morning I hear again about another push for orphanages. Not enough foster homes, no gays or single people can adopt ....on down the line. To where I fear it's going to go back to those extreems again. We all know what a better job our government can do in raising our children and telling us what to do, than we can. And if they mandate it (pre-school etc) and are paying the bill......they have the control. Homeless with children, get ready to loose them. Poor, get ready to be guilted to handing them over. For the sake of the children!!!Single parent on government assistance, get ready to be told what to do, coz 15 people sleeping like sardines isn't going to be OK anymore. They will soon learn the hard way that government doesn't care about family or keeping the family together when they can do so much better especially when they are footing the bill. Welfare has never been so lax and all encompassing as it is now and these people aren't smart enough to see these so called "entitlements" are going to destroy them in the long run. Sorry babe, your "citizen" baby is going to stay because it's abuse and neglect to send "our little citizen" back home with you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The explosion of anchor children shows no signs of abating, even as the illegals' jobs are drying up. These unwed unemployed illegals never intended to work a day here and the more children they have the more benefits they collect.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does anyone know if this new baby was born on the public's dime??? medi-cal or are the parents footing the bill???

just wonderin

nice job Skip, you really kept your cool and kept your posts on target. obviously this 'news' paper doesn't like to deal in facts just sob story fluff... totally worthless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12