Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Blood on the border

Blood on the border
    Failure to secure our boundary with Mexico is a deadly neglect
    By Augusta Chronicle Editorial Staff
    Monday, Aug 30, 2010
    Comments (1)

Anyone who thinks America's open border is a thing of compassion needs to see what 72 dead bodies looks like.

That's the number of murdered migrants found recently in a Mexican ranch house near the U.S. border -- men and women from Central and South America believed to be headed for the open U.S. border, but killed by their ruthless smugglers, perhaps over a lack of money.

They aren't the first.

"On July 23," says one news report, "police discovered 51 corpses, many of them buried in shallow mass graves, in a field near Monterrey. And on May 29, they found 55 bodies that had been thrown into an abandoned mine near the central Mexican town of Taxco."

It seems the drug cartels, which have been poisoning America for decades, have increasingly branched off into human smuggling. Along the way, they kidnap migrants and try to squeeze ransom payments out of family members. It's clear what happens when the money runs short.

Nearly 10,000 migrants were kidnapped thusly in just a six-month period from September 2008 to February 2009, according to the Mexican National Human Rights Commission.

The unwillingness -- the active, purposeful refusal -- of the U.S. federal government to secure the border has only contributed to the conditions that are giving rise to such bloody massacres. Far from compassionate, the United States' open-border policies are nurturing a culture of death to our south.

America's failure to abide by and enforce its own laws has spawned violent lawlessness on its border.

Compassionate?

Hardly.

http://chronicle.augusta.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It must be horrific having to work down at the border with the violence and the drug cartels trying to get in, i can only imagine.
    Give me liberty or give me death!