Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

BLOOD MONEY: Elizabeth Warren is Fundraising Off Benghazi

BLOOD MONEY: Elizabeth Warren is Fundraising Off Benghazi

BY: Andrew Stiles // May 9, 2014 12:00 pm

Senator Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) is fundraising off the Benghazi scandal, according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis (h/t Lachlan Markay). Check out this item posted on Warren’s campaign website on Friday:

Warren writes:
    All three of my brothers served in the military, and I know firsthand how much Americans serving abroad — and their families — sacrifice. What happened in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012 was a tragedy. Four Americans died putting themselves in harm’s way in service to peace, diplomacy, and their country. I look at what happened in Benghazi with sadness, with seriousness, and as yet another call to honor the men and women who keep us safe.

So let me be blunt: that kind of seriousness is sorely missing from the no holds-barred political theater of the House Republicans.
    [Please give me money.]

Democrats are outraged that Republicans have sent out fundraising letters related to the newly established select committee to investigate the Obama administration’s response to the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi.

Jonathan Martin @jmartNYT
    .@Reince, at rnc meeting, just did a pretty wicked @TVietor08 "dude this was like 2 years ago" nice timing and Midwestern touch

Tommy Vietor @TVietor08 Follow
    @jmartnyt @reince Glad I can help them fundraise off of a tragedy.
    8:41 AM - 9 May 2014

5 Retweets 2 favorites

It is unclear how this will affect Warren’s status as frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016.

http://freebeacon.com/blog/blood-mon...-off-benghazi/

Me thinks this lady talks with "forked tongue"

Someone should tell Elijah Cummings that his Democrat colleagues should top also. More fake outrage.

Rep. Cummings: Boehner Can Stop GOP Fundraising off Benghazi ‘Right Now’

by Evan McMurry | 8:42 am,
    May 8th, 2014

Things got weird yesterday when Trey Gowdy (R-SC), newly appointed chairman of the House of Representatives’ Benghazi Select Committee, told the GOP not to fundraise off of Benghazi even as fundraising emails were going out that hour from National Republican Congressional Committee. Gowdy later reiterated his opposition to using the issue as a fundraising tool, and on Thursday morning, Representative Elijah Cummings (D-MD) told a Morning Joe panel that House SpeakerJohn Boehner (R-OH) needed to tell his caucus to knock it off.

“Speaker Boehner can shut this fundraising effort down right now and he should,” Cummings said. “You shouldn’t be raising money with regard to this matter. Joe, if you want to send out a message, send that one.”

Scarborough agreed, and said he had condemned the effort earlier in the program. (Gowdy made his original statement about fundraising twenty-four hours ago on Scarborough’s show.) Cummings went on to endorse Alex Wagner’s assessment, voiced a few minutes prior, of the email that has revived Benghazi as a subject of House inquiry.

For all the on-screen agreement, POLITICO found that GOP groups were likely to continue the fundraising efforts.
    Watch the clip below, via MSNBC:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rep-cummi...azi-right-now/