BONGINO: MY ONE BIG REGRET FROM MY TIME IN THE SECRET SERVICE

By: Dan Bongino | February 08, 2016

BEHAR ANTHONY/SIPA | AP Photo
Hillary Clinton is a reprehensible human being. There, I said it. And for the sake of our wonderful country, so should you. After watching, and re-watching, the footage of her disgraceful and incredibly dishonest debate performance wherein, when questioned about classified information on her private email server, she replied, “We’ve got this absurd situation of retroactive classification,” I thought, “Is this a sick joke?” But tragically this joke isn’t funny; it has the very real potential to get someone killed and to put us all in danger.

I rarely say this publicly but it’s time: I’m embarrassed to have supported her protective detail as a young Secret Service agent during her New York Senate run. The fact that I contributed, even in the smallest of ways, to assist her Senate campaign, weighs heavily on me as I grow older. I was a young agent at the time and I wasn’t as informed about the existential dangers dishonest and character-starved politicians present to our country.

I had only been hired a year earlier. Being new and relatively politically-naïve at the time I did my job as I’d sworn to do. But as time passes, and Hillary Clinton’s true colors show, I realize that I should have walked away sooner. Our country was founded by patriots with a bold streak of valor and courage used only to identify humanity’s greatest heroes in history books. These patriots took incredible risks to break free from tyranny and give us all a future of freedom. The penalty for failure in this endeavor—because there was no guarantee that the experiment known as the United States was going to work—was execution. Unlike our brave founders, me walking away from the Secret Service earlier rather than working with Hillary Clinton, involved no such Sword of Damocles hanging over my head. I would have found a new line of work and life would have moved on.

Now I live with this. I helped a woman who knowingly utilized an unsecured private email system and who, according to an unimpeachable source who contacted me months ago, knew her private email system was compromised and continued to use it to send, into cyberspace, the most sensitive secrets of the United States of America.

This woman doesn’t belong in the White House, she belongs in a jail cell.

Think about what I just wrote, this woman shared secrets so sensitive that many of them originated from “special access programs” where even a top-secret clearance isn’t enough for a government employee to look at the information. But Hillary Clinton shared this information with the entire cyber world and is now running for president. Imagine for a moment that your son or daughter is a CIA operator in a foreign hot-zone, operating in a secret, non-official, capacity, and information only they could have known, along with clues to their identity, is now in foreign hands due to Hillary Clinton’s malice. The fact that we have to play these sick “imagine this” games is disturbing enough because some global actor UNQUESTIONABLY has this sensitive information and is simply waiting for the right time to either bribe a future President Hillary Clinton or, even worse, kill someone, because of Hillary Clinton’s horrible decisions.

If you are a rational human being there are only two possible ways to look at this horrifying situation. First, Hillary Clinton received some of the most sensitive information the U.S. government generates on her private email system, and was so ignorant that she couldn’t tell it was sensitive, and therefore is disqualified from running for the presidency because she doesn’t have the aptitude or judgement to be president. Or second, Hillary Clinton had the aptitude and judgment to recognize the sensitive information she received over her private email server was classified, and she didn’t care and sent it into unsecure cyberspace anyway, putting us all in danger in the process. Again, she is disqualified from the presidency because, if this is the case, she would present a clear and present danger to the constitutional republic if we were to give such a careless and malicious person the nuclear codes.

This woman doesn’t belong in the White House, she belongs in a jail cell. In conclusion, I’m not angry at myself for protecting her because she’s a bad person (there are a lot of bad actors in government and their “bad” actions don’t necessarily cross over into dangerous and illegal territory). We aren’t a despotic, lawless country and, thankfully, we get rid of bad DC actors in election booths, not with firing squads. But I am angry at myself for allowing my path to cross with a bad DC actor who knowingly put the lives of innocent Americans, and brave military and intelligence personnel, in danger. She is an embarrassment to our country and I’ll never forgive myself for allowing her to stain my soul. I wish I had never met her.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/c....OTJmSs0c.dpuf