Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Being Played in LA tonight to Help Compean and Ramos

Helping Compean & Ramos

There is a movie out called Border and the producer of the film is having a screening fund raiser tonight in Los Angeles to benefit jailed border guards Compean and Ramos. Fortunately you will not be forced to go to L.A. if you want to help out. Just click here to find out how you can help:

http://www.bordermovie.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

John and Ken from KFi are the hosts and i hear there will be a discussion on illegal immigration immediately after the movie with TJ Bonner, Chris Burgard and others

Did anyone go to this?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I Went to the Movie

I'm not a person who believes in hyperbole, but this was a well-attended event, and it was standing room only. I know because I was one of the people who was standing. It was held at the Skirball Center in West Los Angeles. More than 300 people were in attendance, and it was a great success. They raised over $10K for the families of Ramos and Compean, and Ramos's wife was in attendance.

I had a chance to have a lengthy discussion with Chris Beaugard, the director of the film, and he is a class act. Out of the 2 hours on the screen, there's hundreds more of stuff that is even more disturbing that didn't make it to the final cut.

Members of the Border Patrol were in attendance, and they received a standing ovation as did John and Ken and members of the Ramos family. Additionally, the members of the Jamil Shaw family were in attendance.

Members of La Raza and related organizations were invited to take part in a panel discussion, and according to Chris Beaugard, none of the organizations would come to debate the issue. Chris moderated the panel discussion since there was no debate involved; a representative from Dana Rohrbacher's office, TJ Bonor of the Border Patrol, some other person whose name escapes me, and some woman who has been dedicated to the idea of educating groups like La Raza about Mexican heritage and how we are all related (an unintentional Kumbaya moment) were in the discussion. Questions were taken from the audience.

If you have not seen the movie The Border, it has to be required viewing for anyone who is serious about the Illegal Immigration matter. Of course Big Media and theatrical distributors are scared to death of this movie.

bordermovie.com

Chris is a great young man and a patriot and he deserves our 100% support. Buy a copy on DVD for everyone you know who has been dismissive of this issue. They'll be turned into ALIPACers and then some.

Thanks writestuffLA. I have the movie and I share it with neighbors who are interested. You gave me an idea that I need a group showing at our new group.