Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boycott

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    Just boycott wal-mart because they are evil. I never shop at that store. That store embodies everything that I am against. They think they own their employees. Most of the stuff is junk anyway.

Why do you hate Walmart so much? Evil? As far as most of the stuff being junk I don't see a difference as far as the products I buy there like soda, coffee, sugar, cat food, bath towels, underwear, medicine, shampoo etc. maybe some stuff is junk I don't know...but my cousin works there and she doesn't have it too bad...at least she says it's no worse than any other job she's had. Why does Walmart get such a bad rap?

Good morning, Katydid278,

How long would you like the list to be?
    America's largest employer of illegals
    Offshores back office work to Bangalore
    Communist Chinese factory outlet
    Requires manufacturers to move to Communist China
    Mistreatment of employees
    Employees work first and last hour off the clock
    http://walmartwatch.com
    For every 2 Walmart part-time employees hired, 3 full time people on the outside lose their jobs (Walmart's predatory pricing forces small business to close down).

Walmart is the largest employer of illegals.
    http://walmartwatch.com

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

COTO
    you always give me some new piece of information!
    Just when I think I can't absorb another shred - bam

Can you post a ref to this one please:

the REQUIRES grabbed my attention!
    Can't let this one pass
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why don't we just boycott the Government and businesses that support illegals? What really speaks to the politicians anymore? MONEY and VOTES.

If there was a massive walk out of American citizens from their jobs, boycotting of businesses and protests before Memorial Day there maybe a chance. Why should only the ILLEGALS be able to demonstrate?

I used to work at wal-mart. While i was there i saw them fire an 80-year-old lady who had been there since she retired from her previous job nearly 20 years prior. Why was she fired? Her checks included 20 years worth of raises. Management didn't want to pay somebody who knew their job in and out becuase they could hire an idiot off the street and pay them half that. They did the same thing to a friends mom who had worked in the pharmacy for over 14 years.

They don't care about their employees at all. Their workers value is nothing more than the dollar amount on their paychecks, and the smaller that amount is the better it is for wal-mart.

Hi 2ndAmendsis,
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Can you post a ref to this one please:

the REQUIRES grabbed my attention!
    Can't let this one pass
    That came from the DVD, Walmart the High Cost of Low Price

Producer, director and activist Robert Greenwald takes aim at the corporate giant that's come to symbolize big business in America: Wal-Mart. Blasting the box-store Goliath for allegedly paying substandard wages, skimping on employee health benefits and eviscerating communities, this hard-hitting, emotional documentary profiles the struggle of everyday folks from around the country who've committed themselves to fighting the mega-retailer.
    The manufacturers have to send their sales people to Bentonville, AR to meet with Walmart interviewers. If their product happens to be manufactured in USA, Walmart requires them to move all manufacturing to Communist China as a condition of doing business with WalMart. Walmart dictates the wholesale price of the product, not the manufacturer. Some manufacturers are forced out of business.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

If their product happens to be manufactured in USA, Walmart requires them to move all manufacturing to Communist China as a condition of doing business with WalMart. Walmart dictates the wholesale price of the product, not the manufacturer. Some manufacturers are forced out of business.
    COTO
    I knew about the "wholesale pricing" for a long time. This is only one of the many reasons why I began my own little personal boycott of them years ago. We purchase almost NOTHING made in China for years.

The REQUIREMENT TO MOVE MANUFACTURING TO CHINA.........what did he use for verification? This is what we need.
    Docs? Something?
    OR.....are they forced to move to China due to the 'price dictation' without a 'Mandated requirement?'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi 2ndAmendSys,
    If I recall from the video DVD, the Walmart representative orders the manufacturing firm to move to Communist China period. If they don't do it, somebody else in China makes copies of the product which go on sale in Walmart. Trademark laws? Not in Commie China!

So the US manufacturing firm is going to lose whether they sell to Walmart or not, and their staff will end up in the unemployment lines no matter what. If I owned a manufacturing company, I wouldn't go near Bentonville, AR.

You deal with the devil, you pay the price.

Go into http://www.netflix.com and rent the DVD.

Walmart also supports expanding the destructive non-immigrant H-1B visa.
    http://zmagsite.zmag.org/Dec2006/rasmus1206.html

Hi V, As far as I know it is not a mandate but they dictate the price and in order to remain competitive and to be able to sell your goods at Wal-Mart most manufactures have to have cheap labor. Does not get much cheaper then 1 to 3 dollars a day in China with no medical, dental or retirement, Also China has basically no environmental laws regarding waste by products. So leads and other industrial wastes are just dumped where ever further reducing the cost of manufacturing. China also does not have the same labor laws so children can work in factories for 14 plus hours a day to create products for companies. All this affects Wal-Marts bottom line. Used to be tariffs helped to curtail the difference but most of those are now gone.

My opinion is Bush is trying to saturate the US with unskilled workers and drive wages into the dirt here so we can compete with the slave labor and wages of China and other third world countries. If you flood America with 50 million low skilled workers what will happen to the middle class of America? I believe it will collapse and you will end up with two classes. Poverty and rich with no in between then you have the means to set up a new dictatorship of ruling class. It will still be under the disguise of a democracy but the elite will be the ones making the laws and ignoring the will of the people. Give them just enough to keep them going and all will be fine.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

April
    American_made wrote:

My opinion is Bush is trying to saturate the US with unskilled workers and drive wages into the dirt here so we can compete with the slave labor and wages of China and other third world countries. If you flood America with 50 million low skilled workers what will happen to the middle class of America? I believe it will collapse and you will end up with two classes. Poverty and rich with no in between then you have the means to set up a new dictatorship of ruling class. It will still be under the disguise of a democracy but the elite will be the ones making the laws and ignoring the will of the people. Give them just enough to keep them going and all will be fine.
    I believe you are right on target. That is why we must fight as if our way of life depends on it because it does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast