Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is a link to spybot on Cnet.com. (they are reputable)

http://www.cnet.com/1770-5_1-0.html?que ... t&tag=srch

Once spybot is installed and running ya can boot to safe mode and run spybot...........It scans better in safe mode,

Since ya are booted into safe mode try running disk defrag, again defrag runs better in safe mode and will certainly help the performance of your pc.

Its good to run these two scans in safe mode on a weekly basis
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

In case any of you forgot the response I got from McDonald's when I asked them if they use E-Verify, (or would consider using E-Verify in these difficult economic times), this was their response:

Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's to share your feelings regarding McDonald's employment policies. We truly respect your point of view, and appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to share some additional information with you on this topic.

First, McDonald's values the diversity of all of our employees, and of our customers. It's also important to know that McDonald's has always maintained a zero-tolerance policy against any form of discrimination in our hiring and employment practices. So, this is not a change in our policy. Like hundreds of other U.S. companies, we have only clarified our written policy to explain that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation.

You should also know that our policy applies to employees of McDonald's USA and does not affect any policies or practices that our franchise owners may have. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.

In short, we cannot and do not discriminate on any basis. To do otherwise would be inconsistent with our own strong convictions as a company to not tolerate discrimination against anyone, for any reason.

Thank you again for writing and sharing your feelings with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Caroline
    McDonald's Customer Response Center
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

HippieChick, it looks like their answer is pretty clear...they do NOT intend to use E-Verify! Why am I not surprised? More times than not, their workers barely speak English. There is a reason for this..they are most likely in the country illegally and McDonalds is paying them below minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    In case any of you forgot the response I got from McDonald's when I asked them if they use E-Verify, (or would consider using E-Verify in these difficult economic times), this was their response:

Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's to share your feelings regarding McDonald's employment policies. We truly respect your point of view, and appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to share some additional information with you on this topic.

First, McDonald's values the diversity of all of our employees, and of our customers. It's also important to know that McDonald's has always maintained a zero-tolerance policy against any form of discrimination in our hiring and employment practices. So, this is not a change in our policy. Like hundreds of other U.S. companies, we have only clarified our written policy to explain that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation.

You should also know that our policy applies to employees of McDonald's USA and does not affect any policies or practices that our franchise owners may have. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.

In short, we cannot and do not discriminate on any basis. To do otherwise would be inconsistent with our own strong convictions as a company to not tolerate discrimination against anyone, for any reason.

Thank you again for writing and sharing your feelings with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Caroline
    McDonald's Customer Response Center
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

So based upon that response, it appears as if McDonalds believes that denying illegal invaders employment, for which they are not legally entitled to, amounts to "discrimination."

In other words, McDonalds is willing to hide behind the word "discrimination" in order to justify their illegal hiring pratices. You almost need to speak spanish in order to even place an order at most McDonalds. Other than the rare cup of coffee, I do not patronize MCD's. After that response, I will no longer even buy coffee there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's hard to believe that McDonald's is so successful. Their food is awful. The hamburgers are the worst among all the fast food guys. There are several other good choices. In-N-Out burger, in the southwest is one of them. They very much appear to use legal citizens in their workforce. Culver's in the mid west is another.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    It's hard to believe that McDonald's is so successful. Their food is awful. The hamburgers are the worst among all the fast food guys. There are several other good choices. In-N-Out burger, in the southwest is one of them. They very much appear to use legal citizens in their workforce. Culver's in the mid west is another.
    Hello fellow Patrons

Here in Oklahoma there are still many small cafes that make your Food right in front of you with meat and vegtables from local farms.
    So lot of us here just tell Mcdonalds and the other fast food joints where they can shove it.
    ------------------------

I NEVER go to McD's anymore....haven't for years. If I want a burger and fries I go to my neighborhood cafe. If I want a cheap burger and fries, I make it at home. Sometimes I grill it on the BBQ. Frankly I am scared to eat food from McD's anymore. And their food really is not very good....it is just cheap.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I NEVER go to McD's anymore....haven't for years. If I want a burger and fries I go to my neighborhood cafe. If I want a cheap burger and fries, I make it at home. Sometimes I grill it on the BBQ. Frankly I am scared to eat food from McD's anymore. And their food really is not very good....it is just cheap.
    Everything's artificial exept the price
    ------------------------

And their food really is not very good....it is just cheap.
    Not that cheap anymore!!

The McDonalds in my little town has English speaking employees - and quite a few are high school kids.

When I lived in Colorado that was NOT the case in Summit County in the heart of ski country or any other urban area I have been to in the past 4 years.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I got the same rubbish back from them after complaining that my local McDonald's refused to hire American kids because they were not bilingual, yet the kitchen staff spoke little or no English. Clear discrimination. Now they're saying they have no control over their franchises. I don't believe that for a minute. BTW, our local Burger King and Wendy's no longer puts Hispanics in the drive-through or at the counter. The error rate was too high and there were many, many complaints from customers.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast