Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BOYCOTT MCDONALD'S! Please read this!

Ok, so I wrote a letter to McDonald's corporate office asking for a list of locations that use E-Verify. I explained my reasons for wanting this, and stated that in these difficult economic times, I want to be sure that corporations such as theirs are taking the necessary steps to ensure they are hiring legal, taxpaying citizens of this country. I explained how E-Verify is a simple, easy process to use in the hiring process to verify that all employees are legal citizens. With the unemployment rate as high as it is, large, well-known corporations such as McDonald's should be doing all they can to support the legal taxpaying citizens that are looking for jobs. They also owe it to us as customers to hire employees who are legal and pay the same taxes we all do.

Here was their response:

Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's to share your feelings regarding McDonald's employment policies. We truly respect your point of view, and appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to share some additional information with you on this topic.

First, McDonald's values the diversity of all of our employees, and of our customers. It's also important to know that McDonald's has always maintained a zero-tolerance policy against any form of discrimination in our hiring and employment practices. So, this is not a change in our policy. Like hundreds of other U.S. companies, we have only clarified our written policy to explain that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation.

You should also know that our policy applies to employees of McDonald's USA and does not affect any policies or practices that our franchise owners may have. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.

In short, we cannot and do not discriminate on any basis. To do otherwise would be inconsistent with our own strong convictions as a company to not tolerate discrimination against anyone, for any reason.

Thank you again for writing and sharing your feelings with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Caroline
    McDonald's Customer Response Center
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

The fact that McDonald's has chosen to use the "race" card, and considers the use of E-Verify "discriminating" is appalling and a slap in the face of every American citizen. I am beyond disgusted and will never, ever visit a McDonald's again. Please share this information with every single person & organization you know that is against illegal immigration.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

This is as vague as the clouds??? What are they saying . . .that they will not discriminate . . . even if this person is in here ILLEGALLY??? They are worried about not discriminating??

The letter sounds like a politician's response to anything controversial . . .no answer . . . nothing makes sense . . . hiding behind the truth!!

I say if this is the response other people get from mcdonald's it is time for ALL of us to say good bye to happy meals!!!

Thoughts???
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Re: BOYCOTT MCDONALD'S! Please read this!

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick

In short, we cannot and do not discriminate on any basis. To do otherwise would be inconsistent with our own strong convictions as a company to not tolerate discrimination against anyone, for any reason.
    what a crock of @#$!!

how insulting to know that good ol' McDonald's does not discriminate against people who entered our country illegally, who evade our taxes, who steal jobs away from American citizens, who use taxpayer funded services to their advantage without paying into those services, and who have anchor babies at our expense. poor, helpless, innocent lil' illegal aliens.

Re: BOYCOTT MCDONALD'S! Please read this!

Not hiring illegals is discrimination??
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Write another letter in response to their non-answer, specifically asking if putting EVERY employee's name thru E-verify would somehow discriminate. Explain that it's not discrimination when everyone has to go through the same exact process, yet it is over 99% accurate.
    Ask for a phone # and contact name, and then post it here so we can back you up
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Not hiring illegals is discrimination??
    Guess that's gonna be a new thing on the list.

I guess, which boils down to, if your white, speak English, Christian and straight and a citizen of this country, forget about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You should forward that letter to the news media

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    Write another letter in response to their non-answer, specifically asking if putting EVERY employee's name thru E-verify would somehow discriminate. Explain that it's not discrimination when everyone has to go through the same exact process, yet it is over 99% accurate.
    Ask for a phone # and contact name, and then post it here so we can back you up
    good idea.

i also think we still should have more folks email mcdonalds as well. i think contacting each individual location is a good idea too, since they said 85% of the locations are franchises........

i will be certain to take a stand at the mcdonalds 5 minutes from my house. i don't want illegal aliens working in my neighborhood. if they work here in my town, that means they might live here, which means their kids go to local schools here, and which also means they use my local ER here at my expense. ugh. i am so furious right now i can't even think straight. i am still astounded by their lame "discriminating" excuse.....

I haven't been to the McDonalds in years!

I am NOT an 'equal opportunity' consumer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast