Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I made the decision a long time ago to avoid patronizing bag 'n gag places like McDonalds. Too many frustrating experiences with customer service people who can't speak or understand English in a proficient manner. Has anyone noticed that Sonic doesn't have this problem?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

This is what bothers me:
    You should also know that our policy applies to employees of McDonald's USA and does not affect any policies or practices that our franchise owners may have. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.
    So franchisees can go off half-cocked, doing whatever they want in hiring policies as long as they know how to cook the fries correctly?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    This is what bothers me:
    You should also know that our policy applies to employees of McDonald's USA and does not affect any policies or practices that our franchise owners may have. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.
    So franchisees can go off half-cocked, doing whatever they want in hiring policies as long as they know how to cook the fries correctly?
    I hear what you are saying.

It is McDonald's name and reputation on that sign. The sign does NOT say, "Owned by John Doe."
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

Right HP. I once looked into a franchise (just got back east from visiting cousins in Calif. where tasted my first smoothie). Franchise would have meant $50,000 up front to use the name and smoothie instructions. After that I was on my own, building out the location, etc. This was in the 1970s when $50,000 was a nice chunk of money and worth something. I never went further with exploration as I was stunned at the price.
    Best place to sell smoothies was a high-traffic mall, which means I would have had to rent space, build out space, buy smoothie equipment and other supplies from them, pay franchise fees, hire employees and pay all payroll taxes, health insurance, etc. and hope that business was so brisk with $1.50 smoothies for me to break even, never to make a profit. Didn't work for me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    I have been boycotting them for years now! I hav e also written them... and recieved the same "diversity and discrimination" response.

They use the EXCUSE that it is discrimination to refuse to hire these illegals, ... but "IN MY EYES" they are unpatrotic and show the biggest discrimination of all... America's TEENAGERS use to get these jobs... but now, for the most part... they are now RESERVED for the illegal aliens who cross our borders. I hope many more Americans will stop funding these corrupt business's. They slap us and ESPECIALLY our children in the face... and we keep giving them our business. THEY DISGUST ME, PERIOD!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

How can we boycott McDonalds? Like we did Bank of America? I took all my money out of BOA.

The best thing I can think of is getting the news media (national) to go start asking questions, both from corporate and franchisees, and if the news media asks the question about the letter McD has sent out in response as not discriminating, that should be the for any eager reporter to start digging.

I agree with Vortex, take it to the local papers and news stations. make it known to the public. maybe once it is brought out that Mcdonalds is contributing to this problem they will rethink their policy on hiring Illegals.

They should totally be put on the spot.

write a letter to michael moore. he already made them look bad with how bad their food is to a persons health! maybe that can be his next issue to make a documentary on

secretevilplan:
    write a letter to michael moore. he already made them look bad with how bad their food is to a persons health! maybe that can be his next issue to make a documentary on
    secretevilplan - You're probably just kidding, right? because you know the spin Michael Moore would put on any documentary about this issue.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Sure they discriminate.

Do you know any employer that just takes on all comers that show up on any given day?

They have a hiring process that goes through applicants and does exactly that. They need to add checking the legality of an applicant to work or they risk being heavily fined.

Well if we had honest people in law enforcement and the government.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast