Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Moving to General Discussion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Steve, I think you found the motherlode of info on this in your post.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rec'd this email from my Congressman.
    ~~~~

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the fatal shooting of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian A. Terry. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

I welcomed you sharing an e-mail calling into question the facts surrounding the tragic death of Agent Terry, and I share your outrage. As you know, Agent Terry died on December 15, 2010, as the result of wounds he sustained in the line of duty. According to reports, Agent Terry was wounded while attempting to arrest criminals preying on illegal immigrants as a member of the Border Patrol's elite Search, Trauma and Rescue (BORSTAR) team.

Many Americans have expressed great disappointment with the handling of the death of Agent Terry by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which has been hesitant to release additional information on the incident. I share these concerns and, for this reason, have joined with some of my congressional colleagues in calling for an increased investigation into this incident to determine if anything could have been done to prevent Agent Terry's death, along with whether or not information about the incident was withheld from the public for political reasons. At this time, you will be interested to know that the Border Patrol has expressed a great deal of confidence that the four suspects they have in custody, which are all illegal immigrants from Mexico, were responsible for Agent Terry's death. Until this issue is resolved, however, I will continue to closely monitor the situation as more information becomes available.

Prior to the death of Agent Terry, I introduced and sponsored a resolution that passed the House in the 111th Congress to honor the life and service of Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas, who also died in the line of duty. Agent Rosas was killed on July 23, 2009, in an area of the U.S.-Mexico border that is notorious for drug and human smuggling. Agents Terry and Rosas were each proud and well respected members of the U.S. Border Patrol and their sacrifice should not, and will not, be forgotten.

This and previous tragic incidents of violence along the border should serve as an important reminder to the Obama Administration of the continuing danger and lawlessness of the Southwest border region. You can rest assured that I will continue fighting to secure the border and strengthen our law enforcement capabilities to more effectively enforce our immigration laws in the 112th Congress with your thoughts firmly in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Duncan Hunter
    Member of Congress
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12