Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: BRAVO ARIZONA - targeting anti-majority ethnic studies

Quote Originally Posted by xfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by mdillon1172
    For example, in the Mexican-American Studies program, an American history course explores the role of Hispanics in the Vietnam War, and a literature course emphasizes Latino authors.
    So wait. Are they going to outlaw courses like these too??? I agree outlawing courses in which they're taught that White people are somehow "evil", but to outlaw legitimate course like these that are only emphasizing the role and contributions Hispanics and other minorities have ALSO made to this country? Or is this an example of an acceptable course? The article did not elaborate.
    The point is that they are focusing on the Latino/Hispanic contributions and eliminating a fair and balanced picture of the contributions of all peoples regardless of how many of their number is represented in the classroom. (Actually, regardless of the racial representation in the classroom a standard US history should be taught - omitting no contributions or heroes.) This is a form of racism, to eliminate the history of another race by the lie of omission. White people have been guilty of that in the past but have stood corrected and have over-compensated to a fault in many cases. In life we must let each learn lessons in the time that they are ready for them. But we do not need to subject ourselves and our children to reverse racism just because they have not learned yet or because they want revenge and over-compensation. This is why the rule of law is important to support.

I understand that the original intent of the educators in this case was to inspire Latino/Hispanic (what word can I use correctly anymore?) to success and to be proud about their collective history but in the process they have acted unfairly to children of other heritage by omitting their history and actually unfair to the Latino children as well because they will not have an accurate understanding of history. This inaccurate understanding serves the race baiters well and helps them to inspire the ill-educated children that this land was stolen from them and that it is their duty to take it back and take out punishment on the thieves - thats us in their view. Repatriation. Superintendant Tom Horne full well knows that this is what they have been working on for years and he is obligated by law to address it.

I understand the original desire because we are frustrated to have a child who identifies with his poor Mexican heritage and that is not his Mexican heritage. He also is pressured to ignore his other heritage because of the Mexican supremist pressure in this area. Other mixed-race children of the extended family most often gravitate to the Mexican community as well. Yet the hard-core mexica-movement people reject them for their mixed ancestry. It seems that the pressure is worse than it was for the Mexican Scottish grandparents mid-century. Some of the family, who was born and raised in the US and English is their first language, in later life in these recent years have taken to speaking with an accent which is highly embarassing to me because they used to speak non-accented English. So this is illustrative of the pressures put on the US Mexican community by the Mexica movement types. It is no longer socially acceptable to be integrated into the mainstream of U.S. life and not have an Mexican accent. Socially acceptable means relative safety in employment and from violent acts so it is not a fragile abstract concept that can be changed easily or taken lightly.

I find this to be sad and dangerous because we are not allowed to take pride in the accomplishments of our immigrant ancestors nor the bravery and success of those who married for love interracially despite horrendous prejudice from both sides. So the illegal mexica-movement does serve to also deprive people of their history and their pride of place. So if I cannot speak to the prejudice inflicted on US citizens by the Mexican supremists I don't know who can. Viva Anna Gaines! Labeled the "Wing Nut Hobbit Lady" by the local leftist media who insult her inherited Mexican features because she does not support unfettered illegal immigration and like me, sees a problem with their attitude and their intent.

Years ago I came to this region from the New England area. I knew a graduate of Vanderbilt University. His version of US history that he learned in the south, and my version of US history learnt in the north were not compatible. You would not even know that we were speaking of the same nation. Also, when I grew up we had lots of brown people of many origins and none of them were considered minority except the blacks. I know, shame on us. But the Spanish and very dark Arabic, Native Americans, Latino descent - all were integrated and I was not aware of anybody experiencing racism for their color except once again, the blacks.

In NYC my family grew up during the Great Depression and once again, they tell me that the race hatred was not so bad then either. It was the spice of life to get invited to someone else's house for dinner and learn the cuisine of their people, exchange words and concepts - it was wonderful. Of course, at that time, eating at all was a privilege and my family was darker too so maybe that had something to do with it. Yes they experienced some prejudice like not being allowed to shop at fine stores because of being too dark. But now I am hated and and suffer the actions of hatred for being too white. Just can't win!

So despite our attempts at being inclusive and multi-cultural it seems that we have made a worse situation. We have enough suffering people here in the US already. We have already dealt with a lot of race issues in our lives. We say no mas!

We do not wish to welcome a population who cannot drop their racism agenda and get with the century and the true issues. Regardless of who is the racist in this matter, it is an economic issue, not a race issue. The opponents have made it a race issue by calling it such and basing their whole argument on racism. Most of us never wanted them here to begin with. They took jobs from our people. That is not racist - it is mere survival. Our corporations wanted them as slaves and wanted the taxpayer to make up the difference in lost wages and benefits. We disagreed with that as well. Now we are broke and it is time the government listen to COMMON SENSE of the people. We don't have unlimited budgets. We can't run out and make new tax laws when we overspend. We never agreed to all of this and now we reject making it permanent.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

God bless governor Brewer - why is banning hate mongering even an issue? I have often imagined what public reaction would be if there were "white churches" or "The White Race" groups (think LA RAZA the race...) or if American Schools taught kids that MEXICO was our enemy...and that we should kill all Mexicans... Good God LEGAL immigration yes, illegal aliens NO NO NO NO NO -- hate mongering of any ethnic group NO being a nation of LAWS and LAW ENFORCEMENT DEJURE YES.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Yes we already have enough of these problems. In the 90's there was a popular t-shirt that said "The Blacker The College, The Sweeter The Knowledge." I was the only one of my co-workers who dared to speak to the young man who wore that shirt as often as he could. I reminded him that if a white co-worker wore a similar phrase on a shirt only substituting the word white - that person would be out of a job in a hot minute and everybody agreeing. He said, "yes, but we can do this." I said yes you can but do you think that it enhances the harmony of the work environment to put your unfair advantage in their faces all the time? Do you think that it might backfire on you at some point? Just because nobody dares to say anything or discipline you for promoting racial inequality does not mean that they don't have feelings about what you are doing.

So it has been clear to many for a long time that this overcompensation has been overdone. Management has no tools to enforce a zero tolerance environment or they themselves will be slapped with a discrimination suit. This group of illegal mexicans will destroy the value of the very thing that they covet.

Sarum, to be fair, the article states:

"The Tucson Unified School District program offers specialized courses in African-American, Mexican-American and Native-American studies that focus on history and literature and include information about the influence of a particular ethnic group. "

So it's not like the district is only catering to the Hispanic population. They are also offering similar courses for African Americans and Native Americans.

US history tends to focus on the contributions of the White European, and rightly so, they were the original settlers, the founders of this country, and the majority to this day. If the demographics of this country change, history books 50 years from now will reflect that. A standard US history class also focuses on the injustices toward minorities such as slavery and women not being allowed to vote.

The ethnic classes want to move away from this depressing past for minorities and focus on the contributions that otherwise wouldn't belong in a standard US History class because there is just no way to include everything. The point of these classes, as you mention, is to encourage minorities so they realize that there is more to their history/culture than just slavery or segregation. To explore other important figures other than MLK, authors, artists, musicians, etc. These classes should keep topics such as slavery out of it's curriculum and leave that to US History since that's something students of all races should look at together and discuss.

These classes, if taught right, will not result in racism toward Whites. Like I said, sensitive topics should be left to US History. Instead, focus on the contributions, that otherwise these kids would not learn about in a standard US History class.

I trust the media to present bias. This I know. I don't want to get into it with you. On the surface I agree with you and I think that the only way we could know is if we evaluated the specifics of the curriculum and how it is taught ourselves. And neither of us has time for that.

I know that this curriculum has been a problem for years, they have tried to deal with it in numerous ways and the district has refused to be compliant. Superintendant Horne must have ample access to information that we are not privy to in order to have to make this law. He could lose his job too if he puts the state in court over a problem that that he misinterpreted. I also am not happy with the schools in AZ and I see many changes in the way that history is taught that are questionable to me or that I feel necessary to teach the other side in the safety of my home in the evening but I am in the greater Phoenix area and our curriculae is different from Tucson.

AMERICANS: the complaint about all of us, north, central, south, being "Americans" is an argument to distract .... or even "North American" which includes Mexico and Canada.... What are we? United Staters?.. After all the name AMERICA came from Columbus' navigator AMERIGO VESPUCCI.... so if anything, it is the "immigrants" from Europea who are Americans, not the natives

But the ETHNIC STUDY type that is divisive and anti-American are the Hispanic STudies that teach not just to appreciate but to emulate ancient or foreign cultures... such as the ACADEMIA SEMILLA PUEBLO ... which teach Aztec Culture as superior to Euro culture... such one-sided studies are bu tools to separate cultures, not integrate them

Then there are the ESTREMISTS such as the intellectuals who are still trying to prove that OLMEC man is not of European or African or Australian origin, but was spontaneously born in Central America.... all an effort to set themselves up as unrelated and therefore superior to Europeans....

Traditional Immigrants leave their roots behind in the old world

Too man of today's immigrants hang on to their roots in the new world... which makes their assimilation impossible...

the process should be:

multiple cultures on the input side, American culture on the OUTPUT side
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Raza Studies Smoking Gun

An Alipac Super Hero has posted this article on another thread and it answers some of the questions from some posters in this thread. I have heard bits and pieces of this on the radio over the years but never seen it in print.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1061295.html#1061295

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12