Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Burr: no on cloture ????

Rumor on talk radio taht burr has announced he will not vote for cloture. could be nothing but smoke. can someone search the news and call his office to confirm??

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tried to get a commitment out of his office and they would not commit. The person answering the phone says something about "can not support the bill in it's present form". I told his office I would be calling in the morning, after the amendments were mixed up to see if Burr had a yes or no position by then.

Kate got this earlier
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=71081

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just talked to DC staffer (5:40 pm) and she said Burr will vote NO on cloture unless there are dramatic changes between now and 10:00 am tomorrow (Thursday). Burr is not happy with the treatment the amendments have received.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Just talked to DC staffer (5:40 pm) and she said Burr will vote NO on cloture unless there are dramatic changes between now and 10:00 am tomorrow (Friday). Burr is not happy with the treatment the amendments have received.
    Dixie, I would appreciate it if you coud reach his DC office and reconfirm what I have been told.

I'll keep trying Burr's number, still busy.

No recent mention of Burr, but this blogger seems to keep up on the scuttlebutt & news sources:

http://noamaskew.blogspot.com/

That's great! I've tried calling Box and Fienstein to tell them what I'm seeing on C-Span today is unAmerican. To censor and muzzle debate has never happened in the history of our Senate and this has got to stop. I will reiterate it is UNAMERICAN. It's dangerous for democracy and the American people.

When I called about 5:20pm, staffer said chances are very good he'll vote "no" to cloture unless something dramatic changes in the bill.

Ostrich

JAK
    Burr (R-NC) Staffer: Senator voted to continue the debate. Began giving the rep message...interrupted me...are you calling from NC? Does it matter? YES...we are keeping the lines open for our constituents and hung up on me. Hope the rest of you will give her a call also!!!! Winston-Salem Phone: (336) 631-5125
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Banned
    After trying all day, I finally got thru to Burr's office later this afternoon. Unlike all calls prior to yesterday, staffer gave me a more definitive statement and said he would vote NO unless the bill was dramatically changed from its present form.

Sounds like the same story we have been getting with some hopeful indications that Harry Reid's treatment of the amendments could cost him the bill.

Thanks for the info everyone.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast