Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Bush confident US immigration bill will pass

Bush confident US immigration bill will pass

Jun 11 09:07 AM US/Eastern

US President George W. Bush was confident Monday that the most sweeping overhaul of US immigration laws in two decades will ultimately clear Congress once he gets home from his European tour.
    Speaking in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, Bush acknowledged disappointment that the legislation -- aimed at bringing 12 million illegal immigrants out of the shadows -- collapsed Thursday in the Democratic-controlled Congress.

"Listen, the immigration debate is a tough debate. I'm under no illusions about how hard it is," he told a news conference.

"There are people in my (Republican) party that don't want a comprehensive bill. There are people in the Democrat Party that don't seem to want a comprehensive bill."

But he said that he would, upon his return to Washington, get in touch with leading Democrats and Republicans who do support the legislation to get it firmly back on track.

"I'll be going to the Senate to talk about a way forward on the piece of legislation," he said.

"I'm going to work with those who are focused on getting an immigration bill done and start taking some steps forward again. I believe we can get it done. I'll see you at the bill signing."

Harry Reid, the Democratic leader of the Senate, withdrew the bill Thursday after senators, seeking to add amendments, voted twice within nine hours not to move it towards a final vote as he had demanded.

Billed as a "grand bargain," the proposed law would grant a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants, establishing a merit-based points system for future immigrants, and create a low-wage temporary worker program.

It also envisions a border security crackdown, punishment for employers who hire illegal immigrants and an attempt to wipe out a backlog of visa applications from those who have gone through legal channels.

Bush, who has made immigration reform a top priority of his second presidential term, is due to attend a Senate Republican policy lunch on Tuesday following his trip to Europe.
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

Banned
    Guess he doesn't like being in the political gutter alone!

During the last month of Sen. Reid being a regular public face for the Senate amnesty efforts, his "favorability" rating has dropped from 26% to 19%. And 45% of voters now have an "Unfavorable" view of Sen. Reid.
    www.numbersusa.com

I'm confident that Bush will go down as one of the country's most inept presidents ever. Sorry I voted for this clown.

Welcome Jim! Yeah I feel the same. I wish I could take my vote back.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Thankfully the entire country seems to realize how inept he is. This fact alone might be our saving grace. Becuase he's botched everything he's touched so far, people won't and don't trust that he'll do a good job with this.

bush makes Shemp Howard look capable!!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I just can't believe their is anyone left out here that does not see him as a traitor or dictator. We just need as many peoples voices being heard as we can get, we need people to get involved.

OK ALIPAC TEAM HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW FAX, WE NEED EVERYBODY CALLING, FAXING AND E-MAILING, AND POSTING SO WE KNOW WHAT YOUR HEARING. LET THEM KNOW U.S.CITIZENS HAVE COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!!!!!!

NO AMNESTY, ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS!!! Don't follow Bush to his demise! stick with Americans and we will stick with you!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67814
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I just can't believe their is anyone left out here that does not see him as a traitor or dictator. We just need as many peoples voices being heard as we can get, we need people to get involved.

OK ALIPAC TEAM HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW FAX, WE NEED EVERYBODY CALLING, FAXING AND E-MAILING, AND POSTING SO WE KNOW WHAT YOUR HEARING. LET THEM KNOW U.S.CITIZENS HAVE COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!!!!!!

NO AMNESTY, ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS!!! Don't follow Bush to his demise! stick with Americans and we will stick with you!!!
    SoSad, Link?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

SoSad, Link?

Is this what you want sippy?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WE NEED EVERYBODY CALLING, FAXING AND E-MAILING, AND POSTING SO WE KNOW WHAT YOUR HEARING. LET THEM KNOW U.S.CITIZENS HAVE COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!!!!!!

Link to instrucions and posts
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67975

Link to Kates new Fax!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67814
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast