Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Bush says: "we ought to enforce the law on the books&qu

Caught this on Neil Cavuto. Bush and Cavuto talking about predatory lending within the real estate market. Bush said he felt that we needed to not create more laws to crack down on predatory lenders, we needed to enfroce the law on the books!! Hmmmm.......interesting. Anyone else feeling their blood boilig on this one? We all have said the very same thing to his administration about our current illegal immigration crisis, when he was pushing for amnesty for millions of illegals, and he did not want either "transparency", nor to simply "enforce the laws on the books", no, he wanted a bailout. The very opposite of what he sat there with Cavuto talking about with predatory lending for homes.

CAVUTO: Speaking of prioritization, sir, a lot of the Democratic presidential candidates have said since the mortgage troubles that we would have to rescue or bail out. They are very particular not using the word "bail-out," but what they do say is a reserve set aside for sick lenders.

Hillary Clinton, I think, is proposing something in the vicinity of a billion dollars to do that. Are you for such measures that would shore up the mortgage industry?

BUSH: I'm for letting the market work. My biggest concern when it comes to the mortgage industry is the lendee, not the lender. It is the person to whom people have lent money. In other words, I'm worried about people having their homes foreclosed. I'm worried about people buying into a deal that they are not certain as to what they are buying into.

And I think the focus ought to be on the individual homeowner. And to that end, I do believe there needs to be more transparency. And we are asking for more money for truth in lending. I think we ought to crack down predatory lending. I don't think we need new law, we ought to enforce the law on the books.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think we need new law, we ought to enforce the law on the books
    What a novel idea.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

americanElizabeth said:
    [/quote]Bush said he felt that we needed to not create more laws to crack down on predatory lenders, we needed to enfroce the law on the books!! [quote]

I know Bush recently passed his physical this year, but I wonder if he had a psychiatric exam too. Because either he was born a MORON, or he fell really hard on his head while out on one of his drinking binges.
    What does Bush know about laws, other than making up his own?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good catch AmerLiz.

That's going to be a popular talking point for him how. He's going to broken record that to death trying to win back our approval and quite us down.

Guess who preditory lenders favorite clients are? Illegal Aliens because they can't get a loan any other way! No ID, Flight Risk, No Credit History...

Also, the preditory lendors are often really foreign investors. Sounds like there needs to be some regulation of foreign intities.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    I don't think we need new law, we ought to enforce the law on the books
    Doh!!!...that's not something I would have ever thought of.

It's gratifying to see King George come to this conclusion. This must mean we're going to see the 700 miles of border fence that Bush signed into law, finally built. Right?

Doesn't this president realize that his republican base who voted for him and put him in office now feel he is a liar and a joke? Bush has lost all the trust from a good percentage of republicans who are so mad at his lying traitor ways, that they have now left the republican party over it!

I don't trust Bush. This is too much of a flip-flop for him, and way too fast.

He's up to something....and it's not good.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

genius
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    You know, I think we need to dig our nails in him hard on this one.

When he was having his private little meetings with La Raza and all the other OBLer's, he did not want any Americans to know about it, and also have any say so with it. Then the amnesty he pushed SO hard for, he felt we basically needed all new laws in order to be able to enforce ANY when it came to illegal immigration.

Now he wants total transparency in the lending market as well as saying the laws on the books need to be enforced!!! We HAVE to call him out on this people. I was in such a hurry this AM, going out to my mothers to help her paint, but had to get this one in, I felt like it was "providence" for me to have happen upon this interview while clicking through stations (the AM coffee routine).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast