Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I saw a bus in Nashville with the words "El Norte" on back and sides.

MW
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

The thing to remember is that there is nothing illegal about these people coming to America, whether by automobile, bus, or airplane. What is illegal is their staying beyond the limit of a tourist visa. That's what makes controlling the situation difficult.
    I seriously doubt they are all on tourist visas. Once an illegal immigrant enters the United States and travels inland - they can ride all the planes, trains, and buses they want. Who is going to stop them?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

The thing to remember is that there is nothing illegal about these people coming to America, whether by automobile, bus, or airplane. What is illegal is their staying beyond the limit of a tourist visa. That's what makes controlling the situation difficult.
    I seriously doubt they are all on tourist visas. Once an illegal immigrant enters the United States and travels inland - they can ride all the planes, trains, and buses they want. Who is going to stop them?
    But they don't need a visa. We have agreements with Canada and Mexico that do not require visas for short visits. That's my point. Just as we can readily travel to Acapulco or Mazatlan for a week, whether by car or by airplane, without having to obtain a visa, so can they come here simply by passing a checkpoint. It's not until they fail to return that they break the law. That makes enforcement difficult. The only problem for them is that their names and IDs are registered at the checkpoint, so their date of entry is on record should they be caught overstaying.

But they are not moving!

However, that's fine if they are visiting but I have watched a few of the these folks mostly men sit around waiting for someone else to pick them up. About a month ago, I saw a white guy who ironically looked like Rush Limbaugh talking with these latino men however, I did not see him take them away from this hispanic grocery store.

I am sorry, I fail to believe that most of these people are simply tourist traveling through the United States on a visit and will return to their country. I would bet my left kidney that most of those latino men are here illegally and are here to take american jobs at lower pay

Banned

Re: But they are not moving!

Quote Originally Posted by take-action-now
    However, that's fine if they are visiting but I have watched a few of the these folks mostly men sit around waiting for someone else to pick them up. About a month ago, I saw a white guy who ironically looked like Rush Limbaugh talking with these latino men however, I did not see him take them away from this hispanic grocery store.

I am sorry, I fail to believe that most of these people are simply tourist traveling through the United States on a visit and will return to their country. I would bet my left kidney that most of those latino men are here illegally and are here to take american jobs at lower pay
    You're not reading what I'm writing. Of course I don't believe these people are just visiting. The problem, however, is that simply coming to this country via bus or airplane is not in any way illegal. It presents a serious enforcement problem, because even if it's obvious that the vast numbers coming in such manner are doing so with the intent of violating immigration laws, there is no way to prove it at the point of debarkation.

Oh yes, bussing is a great way to get to the states. For the last ten years, 2-4 times a week, busses come to our city from Mexico. One bus I saw even had the audacity to be decorated with American stars and stripes and a picture of the Statue of Liberty!! I've called the police. They admit that though the bus may have Texas plates, they originate in Mexico. They also assure that all passengers have been checked at the border. How do they know this? I sincerely doubt they were all present before the border check.

A bus traveling to our city was stopped in Nashville recently and drugs were found on board. Last year, a similar bus was also stopped in Nashville and found to have drugs and weapons - I'm talking big guns. I've suggested since this is a form of mass transit that originates in another country, local authorities should be able to board once it arrives and check for ANYTHING illegal!! After all, they have no qualms about checking passengers and luggage at airports.

Once I called the 800 number emblazoned on the side of one of the busses. After much shifting amongst multiple Hispanics, I was finally told that they have direct bus routes from 4 cities in Mexico to our city. A one way ticket - $160. (Lifetime American freebies - priceless). When I inquired about round trip tickets, they had no clue - imagine.

Check out the websites listed below. I think you may find them interesting if not horrifying and infuriating

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... /609020341

http://police.nashville.org/news/media/2005/09/16.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... i_72986845

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/20 ... _mexic.php

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1490039/posts

http://www.tennessean.com/local/archive ... D=44522463

We were in Indiana, Ohio, or one of those states the night before election. The night before on TV they were telling people that you needed ID in order to vote. You needed one picture ID, driver's license would suffice, and some other form of ID. They named several, but one was a utility bill in your name, showing your address. At the time, I thought - "There are an awful lot of illegals in this country who could vote if those are the only requirements."

To be honest, I don't know if this was a 'same day registration state' or not. Just imagine if it was.

Then imagine if they could get enough illegals scattered across the country and voting, they could have a real effect on who is in Washington.

Of course, right now, it seems they have Washington doing their bidding anyway - but just thinking out loud.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12