Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I really appreciate cayla99's analytical approach to this, and for breaking it down for us as she did. I'm sure rational and applicable wording can be arrived at, and I, too, am encouraged that Obama has been bold and openly patriotic enough to include this! I am tired of being threatened by every nation on earth whenever we take any postive step to protect our native-born and legal immigrant workers and their families, our territorial borders, our natural enviornment, and/or our currency, among a number of irreplaceable things.

Let other governments roar, sez I!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    While I'm not a fan of the stimulus plan we do need some method to control money spent from going out of country this has been a large part of our problem past 30 years we are simply bleeding money to other
    countries and killing our middle class.

Side note, as a Texan my opinion Senator Hutchinson has done little
    for America.
    This can also be blamed on illegal aliens and all their remittances. Taxing remittances would be a good first step. Deportation would be the best next step.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Canada, Mexico and the EU demanding they're cut in the stimulus package equates to the broke bumming money from the broke

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    I really appreciate cayla99's analytical approach to this, and for breaking it down for us as she did. I'm sure rational and applicable wording can be arrived at, and I, too, am encouraged that Obama has been bold and openly patriotic enough to include this! I am tired of being threatened by every nation on earth whenever we take any postive step to protect our native-born and legal immigrant workers and their families, our territorial borders, our natural enviornment, and/or our currency, among a number of irreplaceable things.

Let other governments roar, sez I!
    Thank You
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    RED ALERT PATRIOTS!!!! YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-144543.html

MW
    cayla99 wrote:

So many good and valid points it is hard to know where to begin. I must say I am pleasantly surprised about the "buy American" clause.
    This isn't Obama's doing, let's not give him more credit than is do. It's already the law.

Buying American Steel Makes Sense Article

It is amazing that with America in the midst of a deep recession, the Journal would suggest American taxpayer dollars should go to support overseas manufacturing jobs rather than American jobs, but that is the gist of your "Steel's 'Buy America' Ploy" editorial (Jan. . To clarify, Buy America has been a part of the law since 1982, and simply requires that federally funded transportation projects procure American iron and steel made by American workers if it is readily available. No trade wars have resulted from that. The Department of Transportation reported in April 2008 that every $1 billion invested in federal highways supports nearly 35,000 American jobs. The steel industry has high quality, competitively priced, American-made steel for any shovel-ready project. Our industry has always maintained that fairly traded imports can and will play a part in meeting America's needs. Buy America also allows a waiver if the imported product is priced 25% or less than domestic supply, so "costing billions more for taxpayers" is a myth. In addition, since the law focuses on where products are produced, not where a company is incorporated, foreign incorporated firms operating in the U.S. with U.S. workers, have not and will not be disadvantaged.

Daily news reports reveal that the governments of Japan, China, India, Germany, France, the U.K., and many other nations are investing billions to stimulate the economy/jobs in their own countries. Speedy implementation by Congress of an economic stimulus package that supports infrastructure projects to jumpstart America's economic recovery and fuel American job growth is good public policy that America needs.

Thomas J. Gibson
    President and CEO
    American Iron and Steel Institute
    Washington
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123173005550372901.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These infrastructure projects will provide work for Americans for many years. We should use materials with the highest amount of American source material as possible. During the time we are rebuilding our infrastructure, maybe new companies will spring up that make American made materials....so along the way we will be using more and more American made materials. Cost is a factor, but even if the cost of American made materials is more, it will provide work for American workers in the material producing sector. The stimulus is not about saving money, it is about stimulating the American economy.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    cayla99 wrote:

So many good and valid points it is hard to know where to begin. I must say I am pleasantly surprised about the "buy American" clause.
    This isn't Obama's doing, let's not give him more credit than is do. It's already the law.
    Who was talking about Obama, I was surprised the house had not killed that part before the ink was dry
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At the same time the United States has treaty obligations," he said, citing US membership in the World Trade Organization and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
    These trade organizations can take a HIKE! The World Trade Org goes around a countries standards on environment and labor force policies so they can make better deals. Not to mention the American jobs that have been LOST because of THEIR POLICIES

We want our jobs back and the world trembles!

The sweep of projects is broad, from roads, rail, bridges, airports and dams to military construction and housing, among others.
    As long as these jobs do go to AMERCAN CITIZENS

The House-approved plan's "Buy American" provision generally prohibits the purchase of foreign iron and steel for any infrastructure project in the bill.
    We were the worlds leading manufacturer in these products at one time! Now we need to remenber that some of these products are still made in America but are owned by foreign companies now.

http://www.utm.edu/departments/french/foctn.html

It is a long list and in Tenn.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

"When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast