Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA and other Immigrant states, Has the quality of life ..

in your states declined with illegals?

On other forums I am active in, they say illegals have not hurt their economy, but help it. Many from California say things like this:

"Respectfully, I'm not aware of Mexican immigrants being an inordinate crime issue. Not here in the "real" New Mexico. I think that assumption is mythical. If anything, the Immigrants are by and large the "victims" of crime by Americans. Show me some numbers. They spend "tons" of money in this country, every cent of which is taxed. They buy houses here (taxed), do the sh!t jobs no American wants to do for any price. They revive dead communities that now teem with businesses. They're gonna drive whether or not they have licenses therefore it makes zero sense to not license them.

In the Salinas Valley (America's Salad Bowl), federal raids have disrupted farming so much that the farmers lease land in Mexico to grow the same crops. All of this sentiment is just making it more difficult for good people that work their asses off to get on with their lives.

Their food is tasty and their women look good too."

I don't see this positive aspect in Atlanta. The construction has become shoddy. Hospitals and schools are overburdened. Traffic and insurance issues, along with crime with illegals is huge.

They rent, not buy. They live in large groups in small rentals, and send most of their money back to Mexico and other countries. I honestly don't see them keeping up the rental property.

The legal immigrants seem to do only slightly better with assimilating.

I am sure they do fill some jobs, but is it worth it?
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

bootsalinda,

Those posts were obviously from people who are not savvy with illegal immigration. They are newbies or yet-to-be-newbies. We are at all different levels of our understanding of this issue. That is why we have this website, so people can be more informed.

I used to live in Southern California. For 21 years. I left last year because I could see CA's liberalism was going to throw us to the dogs. I am not young; I want to live my remaining days in good ol' America.

DO NOT let these people convince you otherwise. They are LIBERALS who espouse A PERFECT WORLD. There is no such thing as a "perfect world." IT IS BEYOND THE REALM OF PRESENT EXISTENCE. Their ideologue (sp?) does not escape us. America is the greatest country on earth today, WHICH DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE TO SUBSUME ALL THE POOR OF THE EARTH.

Stick with common sense, boots, coz when you do, you will find allies and cast aside the ignoramuses.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

People who make the kinds of remarks you posted are either

1) plants from La Raza, etc.

2) are making money from the illegals - one way or another

3) are just trying to be different - They think it is just kinda cool to take the other side on an issue - and also they can be so 'kind' and feel 'so good' about themselves when they post such things.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    People who make the kinds of remarks you posted are either

3) are just trying to be different - They think it is just kinda cool to take the other side on an issue - and also they can be so 'kind' and feel 'so good' about themselves when they post such things.
    AKA, A TROLL.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

I must disagree with the imput from a Californian posted above.

Among all the usual conditions relating to illegal immigrants like Emergency Room waits of up to eight and ten hours, hospitals going under due to ERs drowning in illegals, school kids (Americans) lagging behind due to "English as a Second language kids), hit and run accidents, stabbings, rapes, graffiti everywhere, unsafe areas of town to be in, wow, I just can't go on.

The column below is the usual television fare for "The Salad Bowl" of California.

SALINAS, Calif. -- Salinas police identified the victim of a Halloween shooting that left one man dead.

Police said Sebastian Lopez, 40, of Salinas, died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Police were called to the 1000 block of Eagle Drive at about 9 p.m. Wednesday after reports of shots fired.

This was the 12th murder of the year in Salinas.

Police said they have no suspects in the case.

Well, I know what I see in Atlanta, and around Georgia. It is horrible. The living habits are not clean. The children are dirty and without shoes in public, even if wearing new clothes.

I have parents in California. When I go to visit, the wealthiest neighborhood don't have the issues. But upper middle class and down is just horrible. But, I am a visitor and I want to get the real picture.

The poster on a computer forum is not a troll. I think he honestly sees it this way.

I do know that folks that have illegals working for them want to see it like the above poster. I think really young people don't care and are not paying attention.

I wish there were hard data reports and news stories with pictures. I wish we could count the number of illegals with reasonable accuracy. I want to know the facts.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Re: CA and other Immigrant states, Has the quality of life .

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    "Respectfully, I'm not aware of Mexican immigrants being an inordinate crime issue. Not here in the "real" New Mexico. I think that assumption is mythical. If anything, the Immigrants are by and large the "victims" of crime by Americans. Show me some numbers.
    I went to high school with a student who was killed by illegal immigrant gang members. Illegals are HIGHLY over-represented in California's gangs. MS-13 and the 18th Street Gang are primarily illegal immigrant gangs. They are responsible for the spike in gang violence.

They want the #s?? According to Boosh's own words, 1 in 12 illegals caught by ICE from 2000-2005 had criminal records. 29% of our federal prison population are illegals according to federal bureau of prison stats.

They spend "tons" of money in this country, every cent of which is taxed.
    BS.....They send most of it back to Mexico, which accounts for the second leading source of revenue for the Mexican economy.
    They buy houses here (taxed),
    They cram 5 families into one house.
    do the sh!t jobs no American wants to do for any price.
    Do I even need to say why this is BS?
    They revive dead communities that now teem with businesses. They're gonna drive whether or not they have licenses therefore it makes zero sense to not license them.
    Yes, reward people for breaking the law. Do not enforce existing immigration laws. It makes so much sense that it makes your head spin.

In the Salinas Valley (America's Salad Bowl), federal raids have disrupted farming so much that the farmers lease land in Mexico to grow the same crops. All of this sentiment is just making it more difficult for good people that work their asses off to get on with their lives.
    So, farmers outsource if they can't get the cheap labor here. And yes, illegal Mexicans work harder than anyone can immagine, you lazy Americans. That is why Mexico is a Third World dump, and the USA is the most advanced modern industrialized country on earth.

Their food is tasty and their women look good too
    Pointless. WTF does immigration status have to do with looks?

No.............This is not typical of illegal immigration in Southern California. That guy just repeated every talking point the MSM has shoved in front of him. And where does he live? In some gated community where the only illegals sees are his gardeners?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

These people are totally lying. The charming town I live in is now dealing with gang injunctions. Most people would not even believe it. Even 10 years ago or better yet 5 years ago these problems were non existant. And yes it is 100% Mexicans. I will not lie. Californians are leaving in droves. California will be all Mexican at some point. It is so sad.

I left Ca (Santa Clarita) just over a year ago..... I could not handle all the billboards in Spanish...and the final straw was the RTD buses (in the San Fernando Valley)had their destinations in Spanish....so as an American citizen, I could not even take a public bus.... that was it....I left...Nevada is not much better....we have illegal loving Reid here (need I say more)
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hear you. I'm in Orange Co., but some towns have more problems than others. We too were in Las Vegas recently and it has been invaded! Where do we go? The Wash DC elitists don't see this and they don't care. Just awful!!! Tancredo rocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast