Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Calderon: NAFTA prevents migration to the U.S.

TRANSLATED FROM:
    http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/500592.html

Protected by a security radious of several hundreds of meters, the leaders concluded this encounter in which Calderon Hinojosa defended the virtues of NAFTA, thanks to which, he indicated, it achieved the fact that thousands of Mexicans did not emigrate from Mexico to seek employment in the United States.

All this time, the Open Border nuts have been screaming that NAFTA has promoted immigration towards the U.S.. Calderon says the contrary. Well, then it must be Mexican corruption responsible for the poverty in Mexico.

LawEnforcer,

I don't think the open borders crowd is wrong when they observe that NAFTA has caused a lot of the illegal invasion - it's just a fact that they use disingenously. They would be in favor of open borders regardless of what effect NAFTA did, or didn't have on small farmers in Mexico.

See: Mexico drug war result of NAFTA? www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44761

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    LawEnforcer,

I don't think the open borders crowd is wrong when they observe that NAFTA has caused a lot of the illegal invasion - it's just a fact that they use disingenously. They would be in favor of open borders regardless of what effect NAFTA did, or didn't have on small farmers in Mexico.

See: Mexico drug war result of NAFTA? www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44761
    I have come to the conclusion that NAFTA has created alot of wealth for a few Mexican elites. Unfortunately, that wealth hasn't been distributed to the poor. NAFTA has been a boon for the fat cat elite Mexicans, and that is why Calderon supports it 100%.

CALDERON and the MEXICAN ruling elite are responsible for the MASS misery that is Mexico, and UNLESS and UNTIL they are HELD ACCOUNTABLE, the illegal alien MASS EXODUS into OUR country will continue!

Law Enforcer wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that NAFTA has created alot of wealth for a few Mexican elites. Unfortunately, that wealth hasn't been distributed to the poor. NAFTA has been a boon for the fat cat elite Mexicans, and that is why Calderon supports it 100%.
    It has also created even more wealth for our elites here at the expense of American workers.

From the translated article:

Protected by a security radious of several hundreds of meters, the leaders concluded this encounter in which Calderon Hinojosa defended the virtues of NAFTA, thanks to which, he indicated, it achieved the fact that thousands of Mexicans did not emigrate from Mexico to seek employment in the United States.
    Sure, thousands did not emigrate. Actually, it caused tens of millions to steal across our borders, lower our wages, ruin our neighborhoods, kill and maim our citizens, decimate our hospitals and flood our schools, while holding out their hands and demanding more. They are living their dream with the help of corporate corruption actually running our country.

Then president Salinas de Gotari promised us in Los Angeles in 1994 that NAFTA would keep Mexicans at home working. Many of the jobs that LEFT the US went to Mexico and made a right turn for China. These jobs that stayed in Mexico did not pay enough and the wages have NOT gone up enough to keep them from running to the United States.

Another problem is that in a country where education is very bad, except for the very rich, the people will have lots of children that the country cannot support. The Catholic church is somewhat to blame but mainly it is ignorant people who have too many children but this is Mexico's social security for old people. You have lots of kids to hopefully support you when you are old. Hence Hispanics will live at home until they are 35. Not always mind you but it is not frowned upon like it is with other races in the United States.

50 years ago a politican like Ike or Truman would see Mexico for what it is and they would shut down the border and if Mexico went into revolution we would not care. Now, with all of the American investment and Mexico's OIL we have to care or at least the big corporations do.

We need a nationalist candidate in America and who is she or he because it is not these three we have running for president. France is going to build our next Air Force refueling tanker and not BOEING. Why? What does it mean to be an American? At least with Canada, you see people who live well. Can travel. Buy a car. Have homes and corrupted dirt poor Mexico? El Salvador? Guatemala, Honduras? Haiti? etc. Costa Rica is the only country in Latin America overall, worth a hill of beans!

I have said this before, most of the rich in Latin America are US educated in places where MOST Americans will never get in! Harvard! Stanford! etc. They have the money to get in and your State Department wants them in our Universities. Now we get the poor Mexicans and Central Americans in Seattle, Boise, Fargo, Charlotte, etc etc. Cubans, Colombians, Ecuadorans, Domincans, Argentinos, Venezuelans...and US citizen Puerto Ricans who are not sure if they want to be part of a seperate nation, a state, or continue to be a territory?

The government in Washington cannot say NO to anybody. The ICE is joke folks. (Ramos and Campeon and Voorheis are heros but...the leaders of ICE...? They can find millions of illegals today and deport if they wanted. (I can find them 2 doors from where I live! They don't want to!)

It is what it is...

Calderon should be told to get out of the US and take care of his own people because it is going to destroy us all these people putting strain on our social programs and how does Hillary and Barack expect to pay for health care......rich politicians like Hillary, Obama and McCain don't need any nationalized health care.

Nothing wrong with a caste system if you are at the top. That is the system in Latin America. Lots of street children in Latin America and the politicians in those countries do nothing. (Men on the streets selling flowers, candy, cigarettes etc trying to make a few pesos!) Chavez in Venezuela is nutty in the head but he is CORRECT to speak out for Venezuela's poor. Calderon has Mexicans in slums on the outskirts of Mexico City. He does nothing....they, Mexican politicians, vacation in their Haciendas in Cancun or Miami or Monaco! Many people in Mexico speak out as we do in ALIPAC but the rich and powerful don't care there in Mexico and I don't think they do here. Call your Senator or Congressman. They never answer the phone. The hide behind staffers. Maybe if you go to a $100 a plate dinner you can meet them?

That is Latin America folks. The caste system. One block from the heavily fortified US Embassy Bogota, Colombia young boys drive a cart around the barrio with a donkey for power and they go through garbage cans to get cardboard to recycle for a few pesos.

Mexico and Calderon have enough wealth to keep their people in Mexico. Carlos Slim, Mexican, is worth 60 BN plus. Yet that country sends 2,000 across the border every night. Spanish television UNIVISION said "2,000 cross the border everynight" I am not making the figure up.

Calderon, Fox, Salinas are very smart....dump their people on the United States. How many Mexican consulates here now? 48? IN BOISE IDAHO even.

Maybe in another 40 years when America is so broke and we have 30 per cent unemployment all of this will end for I don't see anybody doing much about this. You have to deport in mass to start. I see no end in sight to this invasion of people.

Like they say..the boys in Iraq and Afghanistan are fighting for open borders? Multi-national oil companies maybe? Goofy as he is maybe Chavez in Venezuela is right?