Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Calderon PROTEST TODAY 5pm LOS ANGELES !!!!

TODAY

We have just learned from an inside source that President Calderon will be at the Omni Hotel TODAY, Wed, Feb 13 meeting with the Mayor of Los Angeles at 5pm

OMNI HOTEL
    http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/Lo ... Plaza.aspx

We will rally in front of the Omni Hotel at 5pm

Bring American flags and signs - Make signs - suggestions: President Calderon FIX MEXICO President Calderon GO HOME

DATE
    TODAY Tuesday Feb 13

TIME
    5pm

251 South Olive Street
    Los Angeles, California 90012

Thanks LE!
    (Wish I could be there... darn)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Be careful and have video cameras and cell phones ready for any trouble.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What did Salinas de Gotari say in 1993 in LA?

I remember very well Mexican president Salinas saying in 94 that Mexico "no longer wanted to send people to the US...but only goods." He was promoting NAFTA at the time. The US had a trade surplus with Mexico at the time. Well, as we know, Clinton signed the NAFTA inspite of UNION protests and Mexico has sent more and more people across the border since 93.

SIGH!

Hi there alipacdude.

Yes, good point. It just underscores the fact that the solution lies not in Mexico changing it's policies (well, in the near to mid term) but in the US dealing with the problem straight-on and with vigor (I'd like to use different words here, but am restraining myself... )

As a longer term poster on this board I feel called to welcome you here. I see that you are a neo mercantilist I disagree very strongly with your point of view but you will not find yourself alone in your beliefs There are quite a few of you here and we can agree to disagree.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was at Harvard on Monday night when Pres. Felipe Calderon spoke there. There was so much demand for tickets that they had a ticket lottery and I had the misfortune to delay signing up until too late. I was able to get into a different part of the building. I realized that it would be very easy to disrupt the event if I were willing to accept being convicted of a misdemeanor. The least of these potential actions would have been sitting in the driveway. The three leading American presidential candidates can all be interpreted to be more pro amnesty than Calderon himself so I figured what is the point.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    (I'd like to use different words here, but am restraining myself... )

it's ok PhredE, when i read your post i used 'different' words also.... sorry W.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I was at Harvard on Monday night when Pres. Felipe Calderon spoke there. There was so much demand for tickets that they had a ticket lottery and I had the misfortune to delay signing up until too late. I was able to get into a different part of the building. I realized that it would be very easy to disrupt the event if I were willing to accept being convicted of a misdemeanor. The least of these potential actions would have been sitting in the driveway. The three leading American presidential candidates can all be interpreted to be more pro amnesty than Calderon himself so I figured what is the point.
    I agree.......If there would have been more people with you to protest and let your voices be heard----you would have at least got some media coverage. However, by yourself, it would have only resulted in possible jail time and a fine for you----not even getting any media coverage.

Richard, explain neomercantilist to me please? If you mean that I don't like trade with other countries you are wrong. I support trade with Canada and Europe. Countries where the people live well. I do not support trade with countries like Mexico, China and third world countries where corruption is rampant and labor is exploited. I do not support companies that shut down our factories to make a quick buck in a place like China where there are no environmental laws or labor laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast