Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

California Bill Would Make it the Anti-Arizona for Illegals

California Bill Would Make it the Anti-Arizona for Illegals

By GOPUSA Staff July 6, 2012 6:10 am

A new bill has been introduced in the California legislature that would prohibit law enforcement officials from turning over illegal aliens for deportation unless those illegal aliens had "serious felony convictions." In other words, the bill would make California a "sanctuary" state, where people can break immigration laws without consequence.
    The Transparency and Responsibility Using State Tools, or TRUST Act, which is currently making its way through the California legislature, would prohibit local law enforcement from turning over illegal immigrants for deportation except for those with serious felony convictions.
    Debate over the bill comes after the nation's highest court last month upheld the most controversial provision of the Arizona immigration law -- requiring local police to check the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being in the country illegally. Federal immigration officials have said they will be selective in responding to those calls and have already moved to shield some categories of illegal immigrants nationwide from deportation, but the provision is still on the books in Arizona.
    Critics of the California measure call it a "huge mistake," even dangerous. But proponents say local law enforcement should not be "entangled" in enforcing federal immigration law.
    First of all, local police would do the apprehending. Deportation is handled by federal authorities. Local officials would simply turn them over. There is nothing "entangled" about it.
    But critics of the Trust Act argue it will force local police to release individuals without conducting a thorough enough background check on them, running "the risk of letting some very dangerous people" slip through the cracks.
    "This is a huge mistake," said Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies at the Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies.
    "It benefits mainly the illegal aliens who are here committing crimes and makes it much harder for federal and local law enforcement agencies to protect people who have to live with the illegal aliens who are creating the crime," Vaughan told FoxNews.com. "The local law enforcement agency may not know what convictions or other offenses are on that person's record. ... They may not know who that person really is unless they hold that person long enough for DHS to check their record."
    Read the full story at Fox News

» California Bill Would Make it the Anti-Arizona for Illegals » Fresh Ink -- GOPUSA

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In recent days, following all the political goings on, I have found that a large number of white Americans are willingly walking to the slaughter. Our representatives and elected officials at all levels choose to protect illegal immigrants at the expense of our fellow citizens.

Without another form of a Continental Congress , we, the citizens will continue to lose our country. I believe it too late to save it, intact, right now. I am a transplanted Boston Yankee. I live in Georgia. I have lived in the South for almost 25 years. The values of most of the South are Conservative with the possible exception of North Carolina.

I believe the USA is too big, population wise, for one country. I also believe the difference between the beliefs of the South and places such as Massachusetts and New York have become too great for us to exist as a common country.

Secession is an answer. It is not an easy answer and will require great effort, but it can be done. If for example, the South were to reform the Confederacy, we could control our borders, deport illegals and MOST OF ALL, adhere to and support the Constitution.

The sovereignty of the states has been dealt a death blow by the latest SCOTUS decisions on immigration control and health care.

The last 3 years under Obama has allowed me to understand how brother could fight against brother in the Civil War.