Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Illegal Aliens Win Lotteries in US?

The Power Ball Lottery is up to $200M. I went to a convenient store to purchase a lottery ticket. There were two hispanic men in line in front of me. When they presented their marked ticket to the cashier, he looked at it and told them it wasn't filled out correctly. The two men looked at each other as if they didn't understand what he was saying to them. The cashier then asked if anyone in line spoke Spanish. A lady stepped forward and helped the two men fill out a lottery form. I was wondering if the two men are illegal aliens and won the lottery, would they be able to collect?

Unfortunately, yes. If they are illegal and go to collect, the IRS has someone there, I believe. I think ICE should be there also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Officialy, they can't. You have to be a legal resident (like anybody still follows this rule!). If they won, they would ask a legal resident friend or relative to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by daggul
    Officialy, they can't. You have to be a legal resident (like anybody still follows this rule!). If they won, they would ask a legal resident friend or relative to collect.
    Yes they would and they, unfortunately, know how to circumvent the rules. I'd be interesting if they would win, turn over the ticket to a legal friend or family to cash and then have these people not "divide the funds" as agreed.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

I would cheerfully cash the ticket for an IA (you can guess the rest of the story)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even though I believe my relatives and friends are honest, I don't know that I would even trust a relative or a friend to collect the money and give it to me. How would you prove that the ticket really belonged to you if you gave it to someone else to collect?

Print a copy of it.
    ------------------------

sign the back of the ticket

Illegals HAVE won lotteries, raffles, and other such contests DESPITE being here ILLEGALLY!

I've heard of people playing the 'Irish Sweepstakes', and many other world lotteries. So why shouldnt illegals be able to play too?

Unfortubnately, you cant stop them from playing.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn