Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can't stand it in the hospital!!!

The other day I'm assigned a pt -- a 65 y.o. or older woman from Ethiopia. Obviously did not "grow up" a U.S. citizen. She was the neediest, most mentally pathetic individual I've ever seen. Doctors just coddled this idiot while she feigned "chest pain" right before discharge to earn herself another night's stay on our floor. Her diagnosis was psychosis NOS -- in other words: NUTS.

And that wasn't all. All the while she's faking her chest pain, she's kicking us nurses, crying, DEMANDING to know why she couldn't see "her" private doctor -- the one she was comfortable with. I mean -- what the HELL are we doing cowtowing to these people??? Has American gone mad?? Her family members were also squatting, all squabbling loudly in their own language, in the room demanding one thing after another, demanding that I get her discharged ASAP because they had to get to work.

Guess what -- this is who is STEALING our social security and Medicaid funds - right NOW, right under our noses. And doctors are aiding and abetting it -- many of them also from the same countries these patients are from. I just find it so nauseating some days I can barely stand it. These thieves KNOW how to work the system.

Meanwhile, I see reports of Americans who line up for health care services, who have no insurance, who are denied care over and over -- and I am sickened.

I can just no longer even listen to this whining over universal health care. We have it NOW -- just not for Americans. By the time we vote it in, there will be no funds left!!

While welfare benefits being handed out is a travesty, THIS sort of thing going on in our hospitals has to be costing MILLIONS per day. So, people who've never lived her, NEVER contributed in any way to the taxpayer base, probably don't give two hoots about America -- are HERE. They're HERE to be taken care of, to be "served" almost. I just don't know how we are letting it happen.

Driving by our local Social Security office I saw something similar. An obviously African familyparked outside, the elderly person headed into the office. For what? Her SSI benefits for moving here?

Any Comprehensive Immigration Reform---replete with the myriad loopholes left by its liberal authors--will be an unmitigated disaster of handouts of every conceivable type under the Sun. Our claimants for federal money will swell by the millions ---every year!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    This is one of the reasons our healthcare insurance premiums are through the roof!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It it happens, we will be busted BROKE in this country in a handful of years. These people will never stop coming. Their health issues are complicated and complex. In their old age they are suffering from years of poor health, malnutrition, and poor health practices. They are extremely "old" for their years in so many cases.

It's not that I don't have compassion for this woman. No doubt she experienced some sort of hideious experiences in her lifetime borne from the society she comes from. But how it that MY fault as an American? How is it I as a taxpayer in my own country, that I should have to shoulder this burden?

It IS pitiful -- but in providing medical care for all these poor from third world countries, we WILL go down with their ship.

i lived

I lived in Arabia for 4 years. One of the reasons I left (and actually most Arabs I met were pretty nice people-remember I met them on their own turf and went to there to see what it's like there with my own eyes), but one of the reasons I left was the cultural tradition that the concept of "NO" does not exist, or it's negotiable....they do not take NO for an answer, when they hear NO, they fight and try to get yes, or something besides NO. They can be extremely pushy and try to make other people feel like "we" are in the wrong.

I don't know how these costs are paid for. I don't know if it's coming from local county tax bases, federal, state -- I really would like to know the answer to that. As an American taxpayer, I have a right to know.

MW
    jjmm wrote:

I don't know how these costs are paid for.
    A combination of ways, including the passing on of cost to the paying customers (us). Also, I know many hospitals are forced to eat some of the cost, especially those hospitals that treat a lot of non-paying folks such as illegal aliens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

can just no longer even listen to this whining over universal health care. We have it NOW -- just not for Americans. By the time we vote it in, there will be no funds left!!
    That's what I have seen.....it is disgusting. I've been reading more and more articles how older people should just basicly die instead of bothering with care....get used to the fact that even with medicare...60% will choose not to accept it. They won't look at you till you are dying and then look the other way.......I will never forget the little boy who died....I think in New Jersey....a sweet little black boy.....from a tooth infection. Mom worked and not poor enough for medicade and didn't have insurance and a toothache wasn't considered "emergency care".

I know many 3rd world countries are living in poverty....but I also know they aren't equipt to deal with our world either. I had a wonderful Anthropology teacher who hated being sent back here........even though she birthed her kids in the Amazon....she said it was awful to come here....tension so thick you cut it with a knife. As difficult as it is to live in their world....it's also difficult in ours. Right now it seems the louder you scream and whail and cry the better attention you receive.

Different worlds entirely and different ways of dealing with it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I lived in Arabia for 4 years. One of the reasons I left (and actually most Arabs I met were pretty nice people-remember I met them on their own turf and went to there to see what it's like there with my own eyes), but one of the reasons I left was the cultural tradition that the concept of "NO" does not exist, or it's negotiable....they do not take NO for an answer, when they hear NO, they fight and try to get yes, or something besides NO. They can be extremely pushy and try to make other people feel like "we" are in the wrong.

Can't live in peace and harmony or play the game if we're all playing by different rules.

I don't know how these costs are paid for. I don't know if it's coming from local county tax bases, federal, state -- I really would like to know the answer to that. As an American taxpayer, I have a right to know.
    It's my understanding emergency hospitals, by law, must take uninsured people. They are supposed to be reimbursed by the feds. The fed's don't pay or they pay a fraction of what the actual bill is. That's why IA's use our hospitals like they were a doctor's office. They don't need insurance.

So many hospitals in my area have closed in the past several years because they simply go bankrupt. It's my opinion, this is what is behind universal health care. We NEVER get anything free from the fed's. They want to stick us with the entire bill for all the IA's, by taxing us for "FREE" health care. Don't buy into it.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast