Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carr campaign my personal analysis

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Carr campaign my personal analysis

Why did we loose?

I share the frustration of many patriots. Perhaps the tea party and other conservative groups were pre occupied helping other conservative primary challenges to incumbent RIONS. Perhaps many could not be in two places at once, but for whatever reasons the Carr campaign was very, very late in becoming active, organizing and utilizing the energy of anxious volunteers like me.

The Carr campaign got started in late August last year. They had a web site up soon, but when I sent Emails I got no response. They had a telephone number (that I had to work really hard to find) that nobody answered. ALIPAC, with my recommendation, sent their campaign committee a questioner to qualify for its endorsement. It was very late in the campaign before they replied and then shortly afterwards ALIPAC gave Carr its endorsement. And it was through ALIPAC that I finally got an opportunity to connect with an organized effort to help in the Carr campaign. Before then I did what I could as an individual to get out the word on Carr and influence those with whom I had personal contact.

I do not want to be critical of other patriots. I presume they were doing the best they could, perhaps the few early supporters were overwhelmed trying to build an organization from nothing with no preexisting infrastructure.

I can tell you that any organization absolutely must have a physical headquarters where people can contact real human beings and talk on a telephone. Many old timers like me (most of whom are retired and have the time) resent being given no alternative to communicating with a machine. Being denied the ability to connect with a living human being is demeaning and irritating. Computer web sites may be cheap and efficient but they are distant, inhuman, dead and cold. If you want volunteers who will work hard, you need personal contact, one living being to another. This is no small matter, its called inspiring, motivating and building moral.

For whatever reasons, the Carr campaign was not really moving until the last few weeks of the campaign, far too late to get his message out to uninformed voters, especially when you don't have the money for radio campaign ads.

I can’t help but to believe that if the Carr campaign had “hit the ground running” instead of months going by with nearly no activity (of which I am aware) Carr could have built an irresistible momentum and rolled over Lamar (The Liar) Alexander.

Now we have 6 more years of the puke brain Alexander. I know many good people have tried really hard, and I do not want to be unfairly critical, but in the future we must do better.
    Last edited by csarbww; 08-09-2014 at 02:52 PM.