Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Carr: PC, illegals run amok in Bay State

Howie Carr Friday, November 06, 2015

Have you noticed lately that whenever you’re reading news stories about crimes, you’re less and less likely to learn whether the perpetrator is an illegal alien?

Political correctness is running amok, obviously, but guess who has exacerbated the ongoing illegal-alien crime wave.

If you guessed ex-Gov. Deval Patrick, you win!

On Aug. 26, 2014, he ordered the Mass. State Police not to question any illegals about whether they’re in the country illegally, unless such un-PC questioning might facilitate an investigation into some other crime — wink wink nudge nudge.

Read between the lines: don’t ask, and they won’t tell.

OK, you say, but what else would you expect from Deval?

The problem is, Deval hasn’t been in office for 10 months, and this insane policy is still in effect.

What the hell is Gov. Charlie Baker doing about this outrage?

“The policy is under review,” said a spokesman for the state Executive Office of Public Safety.

Under review? What’s to review? Deval, for obvious reasons, tied the hands of law enforcement. But Charlie supposedly represents taxpayers, law-abiding citizens, people who support themselves. In other words, not illegal aliens.

I found out about this policy yesterday when I was attempting to ascertain the immigration status of a Dominican who allegedly ripped off hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal funds.

A person told me that they couldn’t find out either, and that when a state cop was recently asked, he threw his hands and said, “Hey, Deval told us we couldn’t ask ’em anymore.”

Seems like a no-brainer to get rid of this insanity. Out in Springfield, a career criminal, one Ricardo Morales, pleaded guilty Tuesday to 47 different crimes, mainly car thefts and break-ins, but also a few armed robberies. I called the Hampden County DA’s office and inquired about Morales’ immigration status.

“We don’t know,” the woman said. “It wasn’t mentioned in any of the police reports, and defendants aren’t asked in court. The only way we would know is if ICE put a detainer on him.”

Yes, but how would ICE know his immigration status, if nobody at least asked him and then checked out his story.

Of course the political class, including Republicans, couldn’t have accomplished this fundamental transformation of America all by themselves. The media has certainly helped.

Here’s a headline that ran in the Cape Cod Times last month about a convicted criminal illegal alien from Jamaica who is trying to get back into the country where he lived and loafed, large and lawless:

“Deported Hyannis man on long road to return.”

If he were really a “Hyannis man,” then he couldn’t be deported, could he?

Somebody wake up Charlie Baker. He can’t do anything about the stupid media, but at least he can take the handcuffs off the State Police.

Meet Howie tomorrow at the Market Baskets in Salem and Portsmouth N.H. For more details go to howiecarrshow.com.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/col...k_in_bay_state
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Have you noticed lately that whenever you’re reading news stories about crimes, you’re less and less likely to learn whether the perpetrator is an illegal alien?
    That is certainly the case with my local paper (Raleigh N&O). Honestly, the other day I was thinking about this very thing after reading a couple articles concerning criminals that I was 99% sure were illegals but were not identified as such. Perhaps I could accept these instances as simple oversights or wrong judgement's on my part if it only happened occasionally, but I've noticed over the last few months that none of the articles identify the criminal as an illegal.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn