Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar

CASA de Maryland sues to block Maryland DREAM Act repeal

James R. Edwards Jr.'s blog
    Maryland DREAMers Sue to Stop Democracy

CASA de Maryland's 14 Million dollar taxpayer funded headquarters

By James R. Edwards Jr., August 2, 2011

It would be nice if, once in a while, open-borders zealots would fight fair. But, once again, they're cynically and willfully out to deprive American citizens of the ability to exercise self-government.

The open-borders activist group Casa of Maryland has filed suit against a petition drive to put the state's DREAM Act on the ballot next year. The state legislature passed the bill, then a grassroots opposition movement arose and followed the next step in the state's procedure: put the question to voters.

Not surprisingly, this mouthpiece for illegal aliens has total "compassion" with other people's money, but no compassion for the more than 100,000 Maryland citizens seeking to forestall a policy that gives foreign lawbreakers publicly subsidized advantages over native Marylanders.

The galling thing is how the Left knee-jerks to courts to circumvent legitimate democratic processes. We've seen this in Arizona, Hazelton, Pa., and elsewhere. Citizens who oppose in-state tuition for illegal aliens have sought to use the existing tools their state provides for arriving at the will of the people. Opponents to Maryland's DREAM Act secured about twice the required number of petitioners. But even that strong showing of the public's view wasn't good enough for the pro-illegals.

Similarly, the Obama administration has now sued Alabama to stop its duly enacted law designed to forestall illegal aliens from preying upon that state. This follows the administration's unjust interference in Arizona last year.

If the American people could get a clean shot at dealing with foreign lawbreakers in the most appropriate manner for their state or locality, maybe the country would enjoy greater harmony. As it is, dedicated interlopers short-circuit legitimate democratic processes. Actions like the Maryland and Alabama lawsuits feed disharmony and frustration. They do more to harm America and Americans because scurrying to the courthouse amounts to cheating citizens out of their self-government and sovereignty.

http://www.cis.org/edwards/Maryland-dreamers-sue

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    Any tactic CASA de Maryland uses against us is a legitimate tactic against them. This over the top misapplication of government and tax deduction eligible donor largesse is a sitting duck for our own demonstrations. The same group sent out people to surround and block the petition gatherers.

We need to shut these phony 501 C 3's down, folks. The easiest way to do that is pass the FairTax which dries up their funding and then enforce our laws for 501 C 3 status. Filing lawsuits to aid and abet illegal aliens is not an authorized "charity" under US tax law, it's an illegal activity under US immigration law and a political action under US tax law.

Pass the FairTax and Shut These Orgies Down.

www.fairtax.org
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change
    Related Thread
    CASA wants to overturn in-state tuition petition
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1251374.html#1251374

Banned
    Why is it these people are allowed to sue for anything.Illegals have no rights.But you have a bunch of stupid american people that want them here.

These state DREAM acts that IA advocates keep trying to put through is just crazy. I have spent 95% of my life in Michigan and I have been fighting tooth and nail for my residency status at the university I go to just because I moved to AZ for a year and a half! How is it that a bunch of IAs think they should be granted residency status????
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Why is it these people are allowed to sue for anything.Illegals have no rights.But you have a bunch of stupid american people that want them here.
    That's what I'm saying, they shouldn't have the right to sue in our courts at all!!!!!!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Casa de Maryland is the most corrupt, anti-American organization in our state. You have no idea the power they hold over our Democratic politicians. I am almost certain it is all because of votes. We give our tax dollars to them, and they give Dems the votes they want. They bring busloads of people to the polling booths. Do I think most are non-citizens? Yep. Casa de Maryland is THAT corrupt. But they have our state by the throat. What Casa wants, Casa gets. I swear to you if they told our Governor the sky was green, our Governor would sign a bill stating we all have to say the sky was green. Our Governor BOWS to them. We are forced to fund them with our tax dollars, even though they openly aid and abet illegal aliens.

Yesterday I sent a complaint form to the IRS. I checked off the boxes that say:

-Income/assets are being used to support illegal or terrorist activities

-Organization is involved in a political campaign

-Organization is engaged in excessive lobbying activities

Anyone else from Maryland who wants to help the cause please take some time to fill out the form and fax or email it to the IRS:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

What amazes me is that Casa de Maryland threw a hissy fit last November when a bill was introduced to require a photo ID in order to vote. They cried racism and "voter suppression." Yet now they are going over the petition signatures with a fine-toothed comb in order to have voters signatures invalidated. That seems like voter suppression to me. Well, I guess Casa de Maryland's goal is indeed to suppress our right to vote, but wants illegal aliens to have all the rights and freedoms in the world.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

CASA lawsuit and in-state tuition for illegals: the joke’s on us
    J. Doug Gill
    , Maryland Statehouse Examiner
    August 2, 2011

When I find myself in times of trouble, I don’t wait for Mother Mary to come my way, I simply seek out some of the ruinous hilarity that often emanates from the nation’s oldest – and arguably most dysfunctional – State House.

When gathered, Maryland lawmakers provide a fire hydrant-like spigot of merriment and mirth – allowing the citizens of this formerly Free State to laugh while crying as our jobs, civil rights and income are slowly legislated out from under us. When the Asylum is out of session, however, the search for laughable idiocy is just a wee bit more challenging – only briefly – because Maryland is blessed with a plethora of slapstick politicos.

State senators who claim they didn’t know exchanging cash for favors could possibly be defined as bribery; Baltimore mayoral candidates who seek a tax on bullets as a way to lower the murder rate; a governor of a state that ranks 50th in job creation traveling to other states to share his economic ‘success’ stories; a fire-brand Republican delegate from Baltimore County considering a run for statewide office – this place is a veritable barrel full of giggles and it’s on display almost daily.

Now we can add a Magooby’s Joke House-worthy performance by CASA de Maryland (and its minions) to the abundant parade of comedy gold. CASA, which stands for Central American Solidarity Association (not as charming when spelled out – the acronym makes it sound like a place where you’d order a cheese steak), has decided to sue the citizens of Maryland in order to prevent the petition drive against in-state tuition for illegal immigrants (and children thereof) from making it to referendum.

As you may recall, more than 130,000 Marylanders lent their John Hancock’s (or would that be Charles Carroll’s?) to a petition drive that halted the implementation of recently-passed legislation that would have provided college tuition assistance for those in this country illegally.

CASA – joined in this lawsuit by the Maryland State Education Association, SEIU Local 1199 (aren’t unions grand?) and a couple of unnamed illegals whose identities are being withheld to “protect them from harassment,â€
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast