Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GR

The Case FOR Arizona's New Immigration Law, SB 1070

"The Case FOR Arizona's New Immigration Law, SB 1070" by Rita Bonilla, an American Patriot of Hispanic Heritage.

Link at the Las Vegas Tribune:
    http://www.lasvegastribune.com/index.ph ... Itemid=282

Rate her pro-American articles.

Cut and pasted article:
    The Case FOR Arizona's New Immigration Law, SB 1070

On Friday, April 23, 2010, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed the new Arizona Immigration Law, SB 1070. This new law states that violating federal immigration law is now a state crime as well. Thus, because illegal immigrants are in violation of federal immigration laws, they can now be arrested by local law enforcement in Arizona.

Although polls show that 70 percent of Arizona's citizens support the new law, there was an immediate outcry from those who support illegal immigration and "Comprehensive Immigration Reform," aka amnesty. Organizations such as the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), the Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund (MALDEF), the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA), the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and every other pro-illegal immigration organization in this country---and believe me the list is endless – shouted that this Arizona law was unconstitutional, discriminatory and racially profiled toward those of us that are brown-skinned (Hispanics) living in this country.

In my opinion, nothing could be further from the truth!

According to The Center for Immigration Studies, an independent non-partisan research institution that examines the impact of immigration on the United States, SB 1070 only allows police to ask about immigration status in the normal course of "lawful contact" with a person, such as a traffic stop or if they have committed a crime. The law specifically states that police, "may not solely consider race, color or national origin" when implementing SB 1070.
    Even Mexico's President, Felipe Calderon, commented that he doesn't like the law. He stated that SB 1070 is discriminatory and warns relations with Arizona will suffer and told Mexican Nationals not to travel to Arizona. He went on to say that, "Those laws that focus on criminalizing migration in this way, which is a social and economic phenomenon, opens the door to intolerance, hatred and discrimination and abuse of law enforcement."

This is outrageous coming from a corrupt government that "pimps" its citizens out like prostitutes, encouraging them to enter our country illegally and then send their earnings, remittances, back to Mexico. Estimates are that these illegal Mexican workers in the U.S. send over $23 BILLION back home every year. This amounts to more than Mexico's total annual tourism revenue and in some years, more than their annual oil revenue!

Well, perhaps President Calderon should take a look at his own country's laws! "As of March 1, 2010, entry to Mexico requires all U.S. citizens, including children, to present a valid passport, book or card, for travel beyond the 'border zone' into the interior of Mexico. The 'border zone' is generally defined as an area between 20 to 30 kilometers of the border with the U.S., depending on the location." (www.usembassy-mexico.gov/eng/faqs)

I suggest we ADOPT and ENFORCE Mexico's immigration laws!

I applaud and support the citizens of Arizona and their Governor, Jan Brewer, for "doing the job that our federal government won't do." My fellow AMERICANS, we are losing our country. STAND UP AND SUPPORT ARIZONA! Contact your local representatives and Governor Gibbons and tell them NEVADA NEEDS an immigration law like SB 1070!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    A PROUD AMERICAN of Hispanic Heritage

Judge Napolitano is wrong on Arizona’s law

Judge Napolitano is wrong on Arizona’s constitutional policing powers!

What bothers me about this who thing is Judge Andrew Napolitano’a comments on the Arizona law. About two month ago Fox News analyst Andrew Napolitano alleged Arizona’s law was unconstitutional. See: Judge Andrew Napolitano speaks against Arizona's immigration law SB 1070 But Napolitano’s opinion leaves much to be answered.

As a matter of fact, contrary to Napolitano’s suggestions, each state has the obligation and duty to determine who is and who is not a “citizen of the united Statesâ€

I can agree that the State may not be able to legally define United States citizenship. But States do have a right to define being in the State legally and to identify any one.

Everyone by law has to carry papers....so this whole thing is stupid and has absolutely NOTHING to do with legal or illegal immigration. It is the law.

Judge Andrew Napolitano...I have great respect for the man. But I think he is wrong about this one.

My understanding is the Feds are suppose to define immigration laws and naturalization...but they cannot legally allow anyone to be in the country illegally. And they cannot force a State to not defend itself from foreign invaders or force the State to give care and comfort to an illegal invader.

This will be the best court case of the century. Way better than OJ.

This question is as stupid as the eligibility question...BO is a constitutional alien.

GR
    Didn't Judge Andrew Nepoletano ratify his earlier reply, which seemed to be what a lot of people said back then, but now they're pretty much in agreement that Arizona will win.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    I can agree that the State may not be able to legally define United States citizenship. But States do have a right to define being in the State legally and to identify any one.

Everyone by law has to carry papers....so this whole thing is stupid and has absolutely NOTHING to do with legal or illegal immigration. It is the law.
    Two import things to always keep in mind:

1) The various states have not relinquished their internal policing powers.

2) The word “immigrationâ€