Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cash Strapped California Approves $40 Million College Aid fo

Cash Strapped California Approves $40 Million College Aid for Illegal Students
    Marc Chamot
    SF Conservative Examiner
    September 3, 2011

Cash Strapped California Approves $40 Million College Aid for Illegal Alien Students & David Sirota’s Lessons of the Chinese Invasion:
    Father, forgive them for they know not what they do. One reason I don’t support federal bailouts for states, it’s because of California.

The word idiot or moron can’t even describe California liberal politicians.

Actually, the words idiot and moron has been so overused in my blogs, that I think it’s time to drop it. It plainly does not work on liberals, they are still doing silly things.

This cash strapped state just approved their version of the DREAM Act, AB131. This bill will publicly, GET THIS; taxpayer, funded education money for illegal immigrants college tuitions. Governor Jerry ‘loony’ Brown is expected to sign.

This taxpayer funded Cal Grant, will provide illegal students their tuition, fees, books and living EXPENSES for the lower-income students. Assembly NUT job, Gil Cedillo D of L.A. introduced the bill.

According to this NUT job, he says that undocumented’s are the children of the future for OUR global economy and they need that money for their education. The bill passed with Democrats in support, while Republicans were against.

This will COST the broken state $40 million a year! Yes sir. A state which can’t even balance its budget, a state that is cutting general services for its citizens, however, they did find ways to finance $40 million for about 37,600 illegal aliens’ college education.

On TOP of this insanity, what makes this non sense worse; there isn’t enough AID for its own citizens to get for their own education from the state.

“As California sets once again the bar high for other states to follow, we recommend the state’s leadership and wisdom to see beyond an immigration status and proactively integrate ‘illegal’ immigrants” says Angelica Salas, executive director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrants Rights.

Reality check; I’ve got big news for Angelica Salas. I don’t think other states are proverbial ‘sheeples’, or financially strapped and suicidal lemmings who want to jump off cliffs like California. That’s why NO bailouts! Let this state choke in its own financial vomit. That’s what I say.

If you’re thinking about going self-employed, wait a minute. According to Bloomberg, more than one million self-employed Americans went OUT of business. Four years since the start of the recession, it went from 16.3 million in 2008, to current levels of 14.7 million. The number of new employer businesses dropped 24% to 505,473 on annual basis in 2010 from 667,341 in 2006.

This has contributed to the nation’s high unemployment as the economic recovery slows.

One thing about me, I read conservative stuff and liberal things too. I run into conservatives that have no clue to what’s going on, just as liberals. I do like to give credit when it’s due. However, in nationally syndicated liberal columnist David Sirota’s latest column is absolutely correct. In the Lesson of the Chinese Invasion, he hits it right on the nail about our economic and JOBS plight.

“Many economic Nostradamuses have long predicted that the epitaph on America's tombstone will ultimately read "Made In China." But casual observers probably didn't think the funeral procession would happen this fast. In the last year, though, most have wised up. Thanks to a spate of mind-blowing headlines, we are learning that the Chinese invasion isn't just a distant possibility -- it's happening right now.

First, in February, ABC News reported that almost every Americana-themed trinket sold in the Smithsonian Institute is made in China. Then news hit that San Francisco is importing its new Bay Bridge from China.

Then came the New York Times dispatch about the Big Apple awarding Chinese state-subsidized firms huge taxpayer-funded contracts to "renovate the subway system, refurbish the Alexander Hamilton Bridge over the Harlem River and build a new Metro-North train platform near Yankee Stadium."

Astounding as all of that is, it was quickly topped by news last week reminding us that the new Martin Luther King monument in Washington was designed by a Chinese government sculptor and assembled by low-wage Chinese workers.

The trend is enough to trouble any American. After all, when a memorial for a civil rights leader who deplored "starvation wages" and died supporting a sanitation union's strike is built by non-union serfs from China, it's a good sign there's a big problem.

But then, what exactly is that problem? Xenophobes will say China's ascendance threatens America's global cultural hegemony and promises to create a dystopia forcing us all to endure the supposed horrors of speaking Mandarin and using chopsticks.

Such misguided and bigoted demagoguery, though, distracts from the real crisis staring at us in our own mirror -- a crisis not of other, but of self. Indeed, for all the fears of external assault, the Chinese invasion tells us the true problem is that America is no longer willing or able to invest in its own future.

This problem is most obvious -- and shocking -- in our government. As opposed to multinational corporations, which care only about maximizing shareholder profit, our public-policy arena is supposed to be focused on building America.

But in this golden age of big-money politics, with multinational corporations buying our lawmakers, we get the opposite -- even during an unemployment crisis. Today, municipalities outsource public works projects, congresses water down "Buy America" laws, and presidents champion trade deals that encourage companies to send jobs overseas.

That trickles down to give us American iconography made in Chinese factories, American real estate owned by Chinese companies, and American civil rights memorials constructed with Chinese slave labor.

The public excuse from our corrupt politicians is that Americans don't really want the jobs that could be created if lawmakers prioritized domestic investment. Last week, for instance, the White House's U.S. trade representative, Ron Kirk, said we shouldn't be concerned with jobs that are about "making things that, frankly, we don't want to make in America -- you know, cheaper products, low-skill jobs."

It was a reprise of 2006, when Sen. John McCain told union members the same thing. The truth, of course, is the opposite -- millions of jobless Americans are desperate for some shred of economic patriotism that would put them back to work. But our political system isn't about patriotism anymore. It's about the deception embodied in Kirk's talking points.

Thanks to that, the idea of successfully legislating domestic investment agenda seems not like mere wishful thinking. It seems as wholly inconceivable as walking into a big-box store and finding lots of products that are still made in the USA.

Amen brother! Yep, it’s bye-bye America. Right on David, I hear you. Even Independent conservatives like me know when were being jerked and screwed around. And that’s why we’re going to shake that Washington corruptible tree once again in 2012.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/conservat...legal-students
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 03-23-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: repaired article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That’s why NO bailouts! Let this state choke in its own financial vomit.

Couldn't agree more. You can't fix stupid!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

RELATED

Take Action to Stop Dictator Obama's Amnesty for Illegals
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-247510-0-da ... rasc-.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Friends of ALIPAC!

Obama has done it! He has thrown everything out the door. We will no longer refer to him as President Obama. We will call him Dictator Obama in all further communications.

William Gheen & The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is another reason we left the "LEFT" Coast! How on earth do those kids (Adults) now get jobs? they don't have a SSN! So we end up paying $40 B for teaching kids (Adults) to get educated but they can't get real jobs!

Real Smart California! Real Smart!

Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by dregerk
    Well, that is another reason we left the "LEFT" Coast! How on earth do those kids (Adults) now get jobs? they don't have a SSN! So we end up paying $40 B for teaching kids (Adults) to get educated but they can't get real jobs!

Real Smart California! Real Smart!

Don't worry...that issue will be addressed in their next round of DEMANDS. Very soon, they will claim it's unfair and racist to allow illegal invaders educated in CA under the NIGHTMARE ACT not to be able to go to work and repay student loans lawfully given to them. As such, they will demand some sort of work privileges so they can go to work and live their "dream." The La Raza politicians in this state will fall over themselves to make it happen.

This has nothing to do with education and everything to do with amnesty. It's called incremental amnesty and they are well on their way to making it happen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)