Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Catholic Church should lose tax-exempt status over pro-illeg

Catholic Church should lose tax-exempt status over pro-illegal alien lobbying efforts
    January 23, 4:06 AMImmigration Reform Examiner Dave Gibson

16 comments

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ committee on immigration met recently to discuss how the church can help push forward so-called ‘comprehensive immigration reform’ (i.e. amnesty for illegal aliens).

Bishop John C. Wester, chair of the committee, characterized the USCCB’s lobbying efforts as “a full-court pressâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Catholic Church or any other church should not be exempt from taxes. We all work our asses off and have to pay....and they should have to pay as well. As far as I am concerned, their political lobbying makes it even worse. But even without the lobbying they should have to pay tax. Taxpayers are actually supporting the churches. Taxpayers have to make up for the money that churches dont pay. I dont think that the taxpayers should have to pay more tax to replace the money not paid by churches.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    The Catholic Church or any other church should not be exempt from taxes. We all work our asses off and have to pay....and they should have to pay as well. As far as I am concerned, their political lobbying makes it even worse. But even without the lobbying they should have to pay tax. Taxpayers are actually supporting the churches. Taxpayers have to make up for the money that churches dont pay. I dont think that the taxpayers should have to pay more tax to replace the money not paid by churches.
    The president is looking at getting tax money? He can tax the sh*t out of churches. I have had it with their tax-free status. They break laws by harboring illegals. They have become WAY TO POLITICAL and need to be taken down a notch.
    The Catholic church should be KICKED out of America. All the illegals should be deported to live in the Vatican!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Exemption Requirements - Section 501(c)(3) Organizations

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

The Catholic Church's political activities re immigration are even more objectionable, because the same hierarchy which for decades tolerated pedophile priests is now seeking amnesty for the same reason - it's good for business.

Yup, time to throw out these kinds of churches, mosques and synagogues from tax exemption if they attempt to influence any legislative process. In shielding their pedophile priests, they even managed to violate God's laws. And the private interests benefitting from the largesse of their contributors are none other than the Vatican hierarchy, which also happens to run the Vatican Bank (a money laundering scheme that was explained in a great book "The Vatican Connection" published years ago, which even laundered money for the Mafia when it was under the control of Archbishop Marcinkus--of Chicago, I think).
    I really hit the ceiling when I got junk mail from them offering me a credit card where a percent of the money I spend would go to the church.
    And I have a family tree dripping with bishops and archbishops, and very devout Catholics in my father's day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)