Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Challenge to all ALIPAC members and onlookers

I urge everyone here, who is looking or a member to please run for something, anything wether it is local or national and take back our country. The run for president is huge, but if our candidate does not make it , we should try to be in local politics. We can make a difference and should do our best to. A republic is hard to hold, and it takes individual effort, please follow me and run. While we try to put our eggs in a presidential basket, we can make a bigger difference if we are in a legislative body and not just calling and faxing.

Please don't get me wrong, calling and faxing can be great if we have legislatures that listen, but if we can become the legislature than we have won. The picture is so much bigger than us.

For one, I would like to see the Patriot Act repealed because it took away my right to sue a pharmacutical for my boys cerebral palsy, which happened after a stroke when he had his dtp shot. Immigration is a huge issue for me, but when you really start to look at the legislation passed, the onion unfolds. Did you know most of the house never looks at a bill before they pass it? Hundreds to thousands of pages not read, just recommended by the parties.

Then if you take the war on terror, ask yourself why the border is still open, why our our soldiers fighting overseas when our borders are wide open, I have not been able to resolve this, so I put myself on our local ballot.

Please all of you take the challenge and run for office, believe me it is way out of my comfort zone, but my kids future depends on it.

Thanks,

M

rmsings,

That's a great idea.

I do have another suggestion for those that may not be able to run for office. Volunteer for a candidate that shares your immigraiton views.

If you can't run, support someone that can.

Call their campaign or call the party headquarters and ask about volunteering.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, good Dixie, that is huge, get your opinion know by the candidate or incumbent. We have to do this, like I said this is way out of my comfort zone, but my country and my children depend on me.

And by the way it is not really hard to run locally, just attend your local GOP comittee and say you are running. There is a local fee, but not too much. Print up some cards and go door to door, let the people know you will work for them.

rmsings,

Your right. It is stepping outside of your comfortzone and doing things you have never done before. I've been there. I have faced a lot of challenges and everytime I discovered something that needed to be done, I told myself to just do it. What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger.

Nothing to fear, but fear itself. Just do it and quit listening to all the self doubt and don't talk yourself out of it. Take a deep breath, swallow hard, and then charge into the challenge. Trust me, it's very rewarding after you have accomplished something you have never done before.

Take the first step and don't stop, until you are done.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)