Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Change in the Presidential Election Strategy?

Hey folks, I was just thinking with the defeat of this bill, now the pro illegal supporting Dem presidential candidates must be scrambling for a new strategy.
    How fast do you think ALL the Dem candidates who have endorsed amnesty in the past will suddenly take a "tough" stance against illegal immigration?
    We all know BILLARY will.
    She'll probably say something like, "I didn't know what was in the bill and I shouldn't have voted for it." Just like she did with Iraq.

IMHO, this loss to the Dems is going to play a HUGE factor in the upcoming election campaigns.
    It should make for interesting debates!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Most of the democrat candidates are going to blame the Republicans for the defeat in an attempt to get the hispanic vote. With all the illegals that are registering they might have a chance.

We need to start a campaign that illegals should not have federal voting rights and that any state that gives to them is aiding and abetting.

Billary,and Obama, Mccain are gonna have some esplaning to do!
    For a while there I thought Brownback was done to. He voted yes on cloture on Tuesday, but guess he saw the light!

I can't believe Obama shafted his own constituents in such a way and forget Hillary... she is such a criminal...

Quote Originally Posted by blkkat99
    Billary,and Obama, Mccain are gonna have some esplaning to do!
    For a while there I thought Brownback was done to. He voted yes on cloture on Tuesday, but guess he saw the light!
    He saw the light and switched from a yea to a nay. It was caught on tape.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... gainst-it/
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

FIRST CLOTURE VOTE

6/26/2007 10:15:32 PM

FIRST CLOTURE VOTE

The following 64 senators voted “YESâ€
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

I, for one, would not vote for Hillary or Obama. They have shown their true colors, as far as I'm concerned. There really isn't ANYTHING they could say at this point to change my mind. I followed their voting, and they consistently voted against ALL amendments that would have benefited the legal U.S. citizens.

Hillary can claim ignorance if she likes. Obama may try to do the same. You know, "They didn't give us the bill in time to review" or "I was busy campaigning" crap. It won't work with me, and I'm sure there are others who will not fall for their lame excuses either.

I have never voted the GOP ticket, but American patriots such as Jeff Sessions, would get my vote any day of the week.

I am proud of those Dems who did what was right!!

Yes. Senator Dorgan is a leader. He led them in the right direction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration bill fails again

Click here: NumbersUSA Action Buffet:
    http://www.numbersusa.com/news?ID=8297

Immigration bill fails again
    The Washington Times : June 28 , 2007 -- by Stephen Dinan
    "Senators voted 53-46 to block the bill, leaving it 14 shy of the 60 votes needed to move forward to a final up-or-down vote, and its supporters said it was done.
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, said it could come back again later this year, but for now it's a catastrophic defeat for President Bush."

The on-again-off-again Senate immigration bill has failed, and this time the blow is probably fatal.
    Â*
    The Lazarus bill collapsed exactly three weeks ago, was resurrected Tuesday and foundered once again this morning as conservative Republicans and a group of Democrats rallied to block it on a procedural vote.
    Â*
    Senators voted 53-46 to block the bill, leaving it 14 shy of the 60 votes needed to move forward to a final up-or-down vote, and its supporters said it was done.
    Â*
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, said it could come back again later this year, but for now it's a catastrophic defeat for President Bush.
    Â*
    He had invested a tremendous amount of political capital into immigration. Despite teaming with Democrats and bashing some of his own staunchest supporters, deploying two cabinet secretaries and much of his top policy hierarchy nearly full-time -- and making calls himself -- he was unable to secure victory, and is now left without a major domestic accomplishment for his second term.
    Â*
    But concerns over the massive bill's grant of citizenship rights to illegal aliens, fears that a new guest-worker program would harm U.S. workers and a lack of confidence in the Bush administration's commitment to enforcing stricter laws piled up.
    Â*
    "This immigration bill has become a war between the American people and their government," said Sen. Jim DeMint, South Carolina Republican. "This vote today is really not about immigration, it's about whether we're going to listen to the American people."
    Â*
    They pointed to an evaluation by the Congressional Budget Office that said the bill would only reduce future illegal immigration by about 25 percent, and said the new guest-worker program would actually lead to hundreds of thousands of new illegal aliens created by workers overstaying their visas.
    Â*
    The bill's backers had pleaded with senators to "do something," arguing that even a bad bill was going to be better than the "de facto amnesty" that exists because the government cannot or will not enforce the laws.
    Â*
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat, told senators to ignore the outraged phone calls flooding their offices, and told them part of the problem is "they don't understand" many of the parts of the bill.
    Â*
    And Sen. Arlen Specter, Pennsylvania Republican, said opponents should forget about waiting for a bill that will make illegal aliens go home.
    Â*
    "Amnesty like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, but these 12 million are going to be here whether we legislate or not," Mr. Specter said.
    Â*
    But conservative Republicans and some Democrats rejected that, arguing they should not be forced to accept an amnesty in exchange for the Bush administration agreeing to enforce laws already on the books.
    Â*
    I WISH I COULD FIND THE INDIVIDUAL VOTE ON THE SECOND CLOTURE...IT WOULD BE INTERESTING
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

here is the second vote

todays vote..roll call

thank you chosen

see it here

Illegal Immigration VS Americans for Legal Immigration PAC Forums-viewtopic-
    Cloture Vote Roll Call

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=71417

</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast