Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

will these fences actually work? what's to stop the invaders from digging tunnels under or climbing over them?

We need the fence because there are too many communities who have under the table operations, Mexican, American, etc... Prosecuting the employers will be significant as well as long as we do not have someone like Bush in the White House, Neocons will not prosecute employers who hire illegals! Neocons will only say anything about illegals when election time comes around then they mysteriously drop it!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Bush should have have built a fence right after 911. The only reason why they are talking about "the fence" now is because they want us to vote in another neocon like gooliani! Conveniently they're going to finish the fence in 2009, who can possibly buy this BS?
    Guliani is hardly a neocon in my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    April wrote:

I did not catch that, but the insanity is, it could be constructed in 6 months, if our government wanted it done.
    You're absolutely right, April. Also, Duncan Hunter has promised to do just that if elected. The thing is, he'll build the fence the way it is supposed to be built, not the way Chertoff thinks it should be built.

Lets face it, after the last Republican Debate the last guy the OBL Lobby wants to see nominated is Duncan Hunter because he will put an end to all this BS. If we can get this guy into the whitehouse, we win, its that simple.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Bush should have have built a fence right after 911. The only reason why they are talking about "the fence" now is because they want us to vote in another neocon like gooliani! Conveniently they're going to finish the fence in 2009, who can possibly buy this BS?
    Guliani is hardly a neocon in my opinion.

Ghouliani is the last guy you want in office, this guy wanted to lock up homeless people, was divorced 3 times, his own kids want nothing to do with him, and thats just for starters, something is very wrong with this man.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

something is very wrong with this man.
    Yeah, I've heard more than once he's a cross dresser too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Yeah, I've heard more than once he's a cross dresser too.
    Please, I didn't need the visual image your comment forced into my mind.

Oops, that's Guliani on the right (really)!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How does he define the terms "fence" and "finished" ??

I know nothing about Guiliani's private life - but I do think he is just 'one of the boys'. It think he might just be the 'annointed one' and we do not want another one.

We have to go outside the mainstream if we are going to get anything done.

If built next week, the fence would do little until we have strong interior enforcement.

By 2009, this government will have been able to 'make citizens' of the 20M+ who are here already - then allow them to 'reunify' with their family members. That's the goal.

Also, under one of the temp visa programs, one company I know brought in 100's of families to work for them. Many, many of these people are not uneducated chicken pluckers. They are highly educated, upper middle class people. I have seen them, I have interacted with them. They brought spouses and older children with them. Those spouses and older children are taking jobs that Americans need - but they are bilingual. That's something our children are not - and most won't be when they graduate from high school.

I did read that this visa can be parlayed into 'permanent status' here. I didn't know that and still don't, but think about the ramifications if it is.

So, while they have us focused on the fence, and arguing about how, when and where - they are finding ways around the immigration laws for the millions here already - the many they have brought in 'legally'.

The fence, while it will help some, is not something we should pin our hopes on - it really isn't.

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

If built next week, the fence would do little until we have strong interior enforcement.
    Like I've said in the past, the fence is only a part of the equation. Sure we needs strong interior enforcement, however, we need the fence too. While interior enforcement and tough employer sanctions are necessary, it's also imparative that we gain operational control of our borders for national security purposes. Believe it or not, there are many illegals that enter this country for purposes that have absolutely nothing to do with jobs. For example, drug smugglers, terrorist, criminals looking to prey on unsuspecting Americans, etc. Taking illegal immigrant job opportunities away isn't going to matter to the serious criminal element because they aren't looking for jobs processing chickens, mowing lawns, making beds, etc. A quality fence will act as a force multiplier and will aid the BP greatly in gaining operational control over our borders. Personally, I hope we eventually fence off the entire border.

Times have changed, and we need to adjust to those changes. 50 years ago a person could feel relatively safe leaving their door unlocked. How many of us would dream of that today? Sure as heck not me! Not only do I lock my doors and windows, I sleep with a 9mm in a lockbox under my bed. My point is, we have to adapt to not only a changing nation, but also a changing world. With terrorism becoming a global issue and smuggling increasing, it's time to lock down the border, regardless of the illegal immigrant issue.

No, a fence will not stop absolutely everyone from entering, however, it will act as a deterrent. Furthermore, it will act to funnel crossers into more open areas where they'll be easier spotted and apprehended. I strongly believe a QUALITY border fence will greatly enhance our national security!

Note: A quality border fence will include cameras, adequate lighting, high-speed road between two layers of fencing, and sensors. Hmmm.....I just described Duncan Hunter's fence - the one that was written into law. Furthermore, for the fence to be effective it must be properly maintained and patrolled.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast