Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    At the bottom of the above article there is a "polling section" concerning ILLEGALS, you may want to take the time(a couple of minutes) to fill out the poll. Also there is a poll wanting to know if MCCAMNESTY is a conservative.

Ads by Google
    Immigration
    Should private citizens help stopillegal immigrants? Vote Now!
    I cannot find the polling area????

Dalton, an area attorney, referred to AFLA's seven measures proposed to city council members, which include screening all foreign-born detainees in the Elgin jail, and making English the city's official language.

"I'm hoping that our elected officials will no longer feel compelled to take actions that aren't going to help much to prevent illegal immigration and are going to disadvantage and make the Hispanic population feel uncomfortable and unwelcome," he said. "We're hoping we'll give them the confidence to stand firm when bad ideas are proposed and they say 'no.'"
    And this is the US NOT Mexico, El Salvador, or any other Latin American Country. What if being bombarded with SPANISH makes ME feel uncomfortable. Don't I have the right to be comfortable in my own country? I had to leave the state of California because I was disadvantaged, I don't speak Spanish!!!!!!!!!!! I should have the right to find employment in MY OWN COUNTRY!!!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just answered the poll not 20 mins ago and now it is gone. I don't know what happened. It was the first poll under "ads by google" but now it is GONE. Sorry.

At the bottom of the above article there is a "polling section" concerning ILLEGALS, you may want to take the time(a couple of minutes) to fill out the poll. Also there is a poll wanting to know if MCCAMNESTY is a conservative.

Ads by Google
    Immigration
    I might be blind, but I can't find the poll
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NOW THE POLL IS BACK!!!! SEE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! At the top of the Page press "New Polls" go down the list until you find "Does ILLEGALS Help or Hurt" !!!

Anti-racism group seeks support

February 9, 2008
    By STEVEN ROSS JOHNSON Staff Writer
    ELGIN -- A local group concerned by what they call "hateful rhetoric" toward the city's Hispanic population said Friday it plans to call on local and state elected officials to denounce the spread of racial prejudice throughout the community.

A crowd of nearly 50 people came together for Thursday's inaugural meeting of Speak Out Against Prejudice, a group calling for tolerance and the promotion of community diversity.

To that end, the group began a petition drive with hopes of approaching city council members and state officials next month. The purpose, as SOAP Co-Chair John Dalton explained, is to show there is "a substantial number" of residents who object to the mention of Hispanics by local anti-illegal immigration group, Association For Legal Americans. That group has urged local officials to implement tougher anti-illegal immigration enforcement measures.

"We don't really expect the city to take any specific action in response to the petition," Dalton said. "But simply to give us an opportunity to weigh-in before they take more action in this area, because some of the things they have been asked to do clearly would be prejudicial to all Hispanics -- and we would oppose those things."

Dalton, an area attorney, referred to AFLA's seven measures proposed to city council members, which include screening all foreign-born detainees in the Elgin jail, and making English the city's official language.

"I'm hoping that our elected officials will no longer feel compelled to take actions that aren't going to help much to prevent illegal immigration and are going to disadvantage and make the Hispanic population feel uncomfortable and unwelcome," he said. "We're hoping we'll give them the confidence to stand firm when bad ideas are proposed and they say 'no.'"

Dalton wouldn't give a target number of signatures the group hopes to obtain, but felt encouraged by the steady increase of enthusiasm by residents in the last few weeks since the beginning of SOAP's campaign.

AFLA Co-Chair Doug Heaton said his group's efforts are not in any way racist toward Hispanics or any other ethnic group.

"It's a demographic reality that the bulk of the illegal aliens in this country have come from Mexico and Latin America," he said. "Whenever you go after that problem, it's going to appear that you're going after Hispanics -- and I think that's unfair."

Dalton acknowledged that a substantial number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. were from Mexico, but said he failed to see the point's relevance.

"If your concern is illegal immigration, why does it matter that a part of that group is of a particular race," he asked. "Why is that relevant to the discussion -- how does that advance your goals to focus on their racial characteristics?"

SOAP meetings are scheduled for the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Elgin Township Center, 729 S. McLean Blvd., Elgin.

For information, e-mail elginsoap-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Ads by Google
    Immigration
    www.PollingPoint.com

Protect Social Security
    Oppose illegal immigrant "amnesty."Sign our petition today. Be heard.
    www.tscl.org

Hispanic Market Weekly
    The leading authority on news andevents moving the Hispanic market.
    www.hispanicmarketweekly.com

Mexifornia
    Addressing America's OngoingImmigration Crisis
    www.amazon.com

10 Rules to Cut Belly Fat
    Fighting To Lose Belly Fat ? Find10 Tips to Lose 9 lbs every 11 Days
    www.FatLoss4Idiots.com

Elgin group 'speaks out' against prejudice

February 8, 2008
    BY STEVEN ROSS JOHNSON Staff Writer
    ELGIN -- Amid cold weather, snow-filled roads, and threats of disturbances from picketers, residents came out Thursday evening to offer support against what they feel has been an increasing trend of prejudice against area minority groups.

The newly formed Speak Out Against Prejudice held a petition drive at Elgin Township Hall, 729 S. McLean Blvd., calling for local elected officials to recognize what co-Chairman John Dalton described as their "credibility as a representative of a substantial number of voters."

Police presence outside and inside the meeting hall was prevalent -- with a total of six patrol cars, including a K-9 unit, parked in the building's lot.

According to officers on the scene as well as SOAP member Gilbert Feliciano, the move was in response to a number of calls made to the group's members and Township Hall administrators from people who threatened to picket outside of the meeting, or attend the meeting with the objective of disturbing the proceedings.

The group's formation, according to co-Chairman Arnoldo Fabela, was in response to what they have perceived as an anti-Hispanic backlash by some that has developed as a result of the recent debate over illegal immigration.

"Right now, we have seen, as a group, that the most visible form of prejudice confronting our community is anti-Hispanic prejudice," Fabela said. "There are a lot of folks who have issue that we call it racism, but I think it's very hard for us not to see it that way."

Fabela specifically referred to some of the claims found on the Web site of the anti-illegal immigration group the Association For Legal Americans, which has called on members of the Elgin City Council to implement tougher enforcement measures, one of which was a proposed ordinance to make English the city's official language.

This was from another day....wonder if making the cities official language and enforcing laws had anything to do with it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We don't really expect the city to take any specific action in response to the petition," Dalton said. "But simply to give us an opportunity to weigh-in before they take more action in this area, because some of the things they have been asked to do clearly would be prejudicial to all Hispanics -- and we would oppose those things."
    Is asking for our laws to be enforced "prejudiced to all Hispanics"? I don't think so.

But, by letting a major percent of the illegal alien polulation "get away" with staying here and ignoring our laws, WOULD BE PREJUDICED TOWARD ALL NON-HISPANIC PEOPLE WHO CAME HERE LEGALLY."
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NOW THE POLL IS BACK!!!! SEE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! At the top of the Page press "New Polls" go down the list until you find "Does ILLEGALS Help or Hurt" !!!

Anti-racism group seeks support

February 9, 2008
    By STEVEN ROSS JOHNSON Staff Writer
    ELGIN -- A local group concerned by what they call "hateful rhetoric" toward the city's Hispanic population said Friday it plans to call on local and state elected officials to denounce the spread of racial prejudice throughout the community.

A crowd of nearly 50 people came together for Thursday's inaugural meeting of Speak Out Against Prejudice, a group calling for tolerance and the promotion of community diversity.

To that end, the group began a petition drive with hopes of approaching city council members and state officials next month. The purpose, as SOAP Co-Chair John Dalton explained, is to show there is "a substantial number" of residents who object to the mention of Hispanics by local anti-illegal immigration group, Association For Legal Americans. That group has urged local officials to implement tougher anti-illegal immigration enforcement measures.

Dalton wouldn't give a target number of signatures the group hopes to obtain, but felt encouraged by the steady increase of enthusiasm by residents in the last few weeks since the beginning of SOAP's campaign.

AFLA Co-Chair Doug Heaton said his group's efforts are not in any way racist toward Hispanics or any other ethnic group.

"It's a demographic reality that the bulk of the illegal aliens in this country have come from Mexico and Latin America," he said. "Whenever you go after that problem, it's going to appear that you're going after Hispanics -- and I think that's unfair."

Dalton acknowledged that a substantial number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. were from Mexico, but said he failed to see the point's relevance.

"If your concern is illegal immigration, why does it matter that a part of that group is of a particular race," he asked. "Why is that relevant to the discussion -- how does that advance your goals to focus on their racial characteristics?"

SOAP meetings are scheduled for the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Elgin Township Center, 729 S. McLean Blvd., Elgin.

For information, e-mail elginsoap-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Ads by Google
    Immigration
    www.PollingPoint.com

Protect Social Security
    Oppose illegal immigrant "amnesty."Sign our petition today. Be heard.
    www.tscl.org

Hispanic Market Weekly
    The leading authority on news andevents moving the Hispanic market.
    www.hispanicmarketweekly.com

Mexifornia
    Addressing America's OngoingImmigration Crisis
    www.amazon.com

10 Rules to Cut Belly Fat
    Fighting To Lose Belly Fat ? Find10 Tips to Lose 9 lbs every 11 Days
    www.FatLoss4Idiots.com
    Thanks, those are decent polls, and I completed them.

The purpose, as SOAP Co-Chair John Dalton explained, is to show there is "a substantial number" of residents who object to the mention of Hispanics by local anti-illegal immigration group, Association For Legal Americans.........
    Dalton, an area attorney,..........
    I goggled John Dalton and found this:

Friday, January 18, 2008
    [quote]It's a small world...
    (sorry to get a tune stuck in your head)
    It’s a freaky thing, you know. I used to think this “six degrees of separationâ€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar

Apparently the "hateful rhetoric" goes both ways.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast